Have Class C, can I do C1+E?

If I hold a class C licence, would it be possible to do the C1+E test next?

I don’t need C+E just yet for my job.

Cheers?

yes…

think it is 14 days after you pass your cat C that you can take the C + E…

ROG will confirm in a momemt or so… :smiley:

man-tga:
yes…

think it is 14 days after you pass your cat C that you can take the C + E…

ROG will confirm in a momemt or so… :smiley:

i think he means c1+e which is 7.5ton and trailer (i think) which you can drive on a class 2 licence

maggieT:
i think he means c1+e which is 7.5ton and trailer (i think) which you can drive on a class 2 licence

Glad you said ‘think’ cos it ‘think not’ - max trailer weight = 750kgs without either C1+E or C+E

lancs123:
I hold a class C licence, would it be possible to do the C1+E test next?

Why waste money :confused: :confused: :question: :open_mouth:
Go for C+E

:blush: :blush:
memo to ones self… read the thread properly before replying… did’nt see that 1… :blush:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022564

try here …

ROG:

maggieT:

Glad you said ‘think’ cos it ‘think not’ - max trailer weight = 750kgs without either C1+E or C+E

lancs123:

Go for C+E

ok ROG dont want to fall out but i know a man who drives a 7.5 tonner with a frame drag on a class 2, he must be breaking the law, i also know a man who had passed his c+e artic in a wagon and drag (18t +trailer) and got knicked driving artics

just got the old cpc national folder out, c1 gives you entitlement to drive a vehicle not exceeding 7500kg at 18 and at 21 you can add a trailer not exceeding 750kg, after that to get the E you need to take a test for a trailer on the 7.5 tonner or do your artic, hope thats clear :laughing: and i will have a word with my mate :blush:

maggieT:
ok ROG dont want to fall out

No chance :smiley: :smiley:

maggieT:
but i know a man who drives a 7.5 tonner with a frame drag on a class 2, he must be breaking the law,

If it’s over 750kgs and he does not have a full C1+E then he is illegal

maggieT:
i also know a man who had passed his c+e artic in a wagon and drag (18t +trailer) and got knicked driving artics

Seems odd - me thinks he got CE on his old HGV licence which restricts him to W&Ds - but I would need to see licence to be sure on that. What year did he pass W&D :question:

maggieT:

ROG:

maggieT:

lancs123:

Go for C+E

ok ROG dont want to fall out but i know a man who drives a 7.5 tonner with a frame drag on a class 2, he must be breaking the law, i also know a man who had passed his c+e artic in a wagon and drag (18t +trailer) and got knicked driving artics

Not sure about the first statement but in days gone by you could take your artic test in a wag and drag and have a 102 restriction(i think??) which means you can only drive a wag and drag but you could take that same wag and drag to the vosa test centre today and take the CE test and get your CE licence… [zb] crazy country lol

ROG:

maggieT:
ok ROG dont want to fall out

No chance :smiley: :smiley:

maggieT:
but i know a man who drives a 7.5 tonner with a frame drag on a class 2, he must be breaking the law,

If it’s over 750kgs and he does not have a full C1+E then he is illegal

yeah, im gonna ask him

maggieT:
i also know a man who had passed his c+e artic in a wagon and drag (18t +trailer) and got knicked driving artics

Seems odd - me thinks he got CE on his old HGV licence which restricts him to W&Ds - but I would need to see licence to be sure on that.

this was about 5 years ago, he was ex army and working for a company with me on artic fridges for 6 months, got pulled and they told him that although he had passed a wagon and drag C+E he wasnt allowed to drive semi trailers :question: so he got sacked

dogthehunter:
in days gone by you could take your artic test in a wag and drag and have a 102 restriction(i think??) which means you can only drive a wag and drag but you could take that same wag and drag to the vosa test centre today and take the CE test and get your CE licence… [zb] crazy country lol

Restriction code 102 Drawbar trailers only :smiley:

maggieT:
this was about 5 years ago

Was that the date he passed the W&D test :question:

ROG:

dogthehunter:
in days gone by you could take your artic test in a wag and drag and have a 102 restriction(i think??) which means you can only drive a wag and drag but you could take that same wag and drag to the vosa test centre today and take the CE test and get your CE licence… [zb] crazy country lol

Restriction code 102 Drawbar trailers only :smiley:

maggieT:
this was about 5 years ago

Was that the date he passed the W&D test :question:

yeah that makes sense, also my licence says i can do c1+e with 107 restriction which is vehicle and trailer not exceeding 8250kg

man-tga:
:oops: :blush:
memo to ones self… read the thread properly before replying… did’nt see that 1… :blush:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022564

try here …

no need to put a memo, someone will pick you up on that :laughing:

maggieT:

He should’ve got a full CE, everyone else does :confused: :laughing:

mrpj:

maggieT:

yeah i know, thats why i asked ROG :confused:

mrpj:

maggieT:

If passed C+E whether artic or W&D after it changed from HGV to LGV then that is my take as well - can only guess on a DVLA ■■■■-up which can easily be rectified as the test pass date will be known by DVLA

ROG:

mrpj:

maggieT:

If passed C+E whether artic or W&D after it changed from HGV to LGV then that is my take as well - can only guess on a DVLA ■■■■-up which can easily be rectified as the test pass date will be known by DVLA

as im thinking about it i may be mistaken, i worked with him in 2002 he was out of the army a year and had been in the army 10yrs so could have done test as far back as 92 dont know havent seen him since then was just passing on an experience, i also worked with someone whos artic licence had expired 5 yrs prev as he had missed a medical i think, he only noticed the day he jacked in to go live in thailand with some buyabride.com lass :grimacing:

ROG:

mrpj:

maggieT:

Rog the whole thing sounds like a ■■■■ up ever since they changed it from class 3 four wheelers which included a drag or class 2 six/eight wheelers including a drag although most people could’nt believe it at the time that someone with a 3 or a 2 could drive an outfit bigger and harder to reverse than an artic without ever having been tested with a trailer on the back but everyone managed without hitting things and it was a lot less complicated than this lot as class 1 meant what it said tractor units and semi trailers .So when was the exact date that those regs went out Rog I know it happened but I thought that was what changed when HGV changed to LGV??.

So when was the exact date that those regs went out Rog I know it happened but I thought it was when HGV changed to LGV??.

On Rog’s behalf - maybe it’s nap time - the answer is 1.1.97. Prior to that, no-one would have taken a test on w+d as it was automatically granted with the class 2 or 3.

So anyone passing a 2 or 3 before end 96 can drive a w+d. If they then take a further test on their w+d they can then drive artic. :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

So when was the exact date that those regs went out Rog I know it happened but I thought it was when HGV changed to LGV??.

On Rog’s behalf - maybe it’s nap time - the answer is 1.1.97. Prior to that, no-one would have taken a test on w+d as it was automatically granted with the class 2 or 3.

So anyone passing a 2 or 3 before end 96 can drive a w+d. If they then take a further test on their w+d they can then drive artic. :laughing: :laughing:

That would explain why I’m so rusty on it all if it’s correct I did my CPC in '96 and went off the job in '99.But I thought that you still have to pass on an artic to get C+E without being restricted to Wagon and Drag only?.I’d be surprised if passing a wagon and drag test now would give you an artic licence grade but like I said most of the modern regs just seem like a ■■■■ up to me but got to live with em if I’m going back to work.