Have a read of this

m.stokesentinel.co.uk/D-G-Bus-dr … story.html
And discuss…

So exactly where is the proof that the driver’s attention was being directed at a phone rather than the dash instruments. :unamused:

Most vocational drivers are aware of the proliferation of dashcams out there now, which for most of us are in place to protect our licenses and our insurance no claims.

Sadly the same technology is also available for every self proclaimed vigilante out there now (did someone mention London cyclists). Do anything wrong out there now and the footage will be damning evidence against you.

As someone who has a PSV license, I can tell you now that a bus load of passengers are more of a distraction than any phone will ever be.

ckm1981:
http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/D-G-Bus-driver-really-using-mobile-captured/story-26592212-detail/story.html
And discuss…

The guy is a complete tool, he THINKS the bus driver was using his phone, no substantial evidence but runs to the idiots at the local paper who as usual print this non-story, oh well, it gets him a bit of free advertising eh!!

What a smug grin on his face. I didn’t look too hard but couldn’t see any picture or video of the event embedded in the non news story which makes the claim even more dubious. The man himself even uses the words the he ‘suspected’ the driver was on the phone so even he doesn’t know for sure.
All credit to the bus company for not pandering to the media blame game and refusing to inform the press of a staffs conduct and any outcome of a disciplinary with a local rag.

m1cks:
What a smug grin on.

That was my first thaught. Another dashcam warrior who needs to jog on. Hardly a story for the news.

Rentadent:

ckm1981:
http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/D-G-Bus-driver-really-using-mobile-captured/story-26592212-detail/story.html
And discuss…

The guy is a complete tool, he THINKS the bus driver was using his phone, no substantial evidence but runs to the idiots at the local paper who as usual print this non-story, oh well, it gets him a bit of free advertising eh!!

My thoughts exactly.

i saw this smug ■■■■ picking his nose on the a50 blyth bridge a few weeks back, and ive got a dash cam, shame it auto loops tho or id report him NOT, what a ■■■■■ i see at least 20 things a day that i could report or post on facebook,youtube, but i dont, because im not arsed in the slightest, ive only got the camera for when that slip road hero eventually does clip me despite my best efforts and then tries to blame it on me, its to cover my arse not destroy other poeples lives, i think this tool needs registering for some ppi claims and loft insulation phone calls

As an aside to this story, I was listening to an article on the radio were they were talking about the Police taking prosecution action on the evidence from dash-cam footage sent to them from members off the public.
It got Me wondering, would the Police have to reveal the details off the supplier off the footage, details like name and address, and if you refused a fixed penalty and went to court, would the dash-cam hero have to turn up and testify. If so it might be worth taking the extra penalty/expense off a court visit, just to be able to have a look at the sad little dash-cam hero, send him a thank you letter :wink:

m_attt:

m1cks:
What a smug grin on.

That was my first thaught. Another dashcam warrior who needs to jog on. Hardly a story for the news.

My exact thoughts when I first saw the photo.

bit scruffy but only took 2 mins he aint worth the effort :slight_smile:

What a ■■■■

The ■■■■■■ smug grin and obvious glee at getting someone in trouble tells me all I need to know, but not only this the Stoke Sentinel is a scurrilous, low-rent embarrassment of a newspaper, and anything it prints should be taken with a sack full of salt.

Plugster:

bit scruffy but only took 2 mins he aint worth the effort :slight_smile:

Lol. Like it :laughing:

Another self appointed ■■■■■■ traffic cop, I hate the ■■■■■■■ s. :smiling_imp:
Can he say that he has never once done anything wrong in all his years of driving, I doubt it.
If he felt the need to stick his beak in at all, why did he not confront the bus driver instead of maybe getting him sacked.

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone” comes to mind, there will be no need for traffic cops soon with all these self-appointed vigilanties about. :unamused:

Pete.

Bored to death of these dash cam ■■■■■■ Bunch of knobs. Had one on Facebook who tried the usual anti stobart stuff and was going to report the diver for speeding and overtaking, as well as giving the photographer the middle finger. What a pathetic balloon.

Happysack, has someone been caught being a naughty diver?? :smiley:

one wonders how long before dash cams are offered as a built in option on new vehicles

What a smug looking little knob.