Have a read of this

Latique:
one wonders how long before dash cams are offered as a built in option on new vehicles

No reason why forward (and probably rear) cameras can’t be fitted as standard with the option to turn them on or off through the on board computer.
It would cost next to nothing for the manufacturers to implement this and pass the cost on.
It’s the way forward imo…

The country is full of these butter knobs. Is become a national hobby to spy on each other and play policeman rather than worry about one’s own actions. This prize Turkey giblet is the king of them. I heard him in the radio. I wanted to punch the radio. But someone would film me punching my radio - probably this pious little piglet.

www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cyclesafe … 345822.ece

James the cat:
probably this pious little piglet.

My example was purely for insurance/accident purpose only, not for low life crap like this :wink:

Edit

Everyone must remember: we have a right to ride a bike but it’s a privilege to use a car — and you can lose it at any time.”

Both use the same road and WHEN ( and it’s only a matter of time…) the government realise that cyclists are as much of a problem as anything else then maybe you guys will be forced to open your eyes and see that you put yourselves into so much danger, danger that can be avoided by the way…

James the cat:
The country is full of these butter knobs. Is become a national hobby to spy on each other and play policeman rather than worry about one’s own actions. This prize Turkey giblet is the king of them. I heard him in the radio. I wanted to punch the radio. But someone would film me punching my radio - probably this pious little piglet.

thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cy … 345822.ece

The problem is he’s ‘teamed’ up with another cycling vigilante called traffic droid. They have regular little love ins on twitter with each other.
How long before one of the papers is reporting that one if them has come to serious harm at the hands of an irate motorist. Rightly or wrongly there’s going to be a driver that they catch at a bad moment and the way they speak to people and antagonise them it’s not going to end well for them.

The argument they use that of you’re doing nothing wrong you’ve nothing to worry about is flawed. They presume humans are robots and presume it is humanly healthy to live in a world where we’re all more concerned with the tiny actions of one another rather than our own. One of the ■■■■■■ even calls himself traffic “droid” as you said. What fundamentally irritates people is being spied on by fellow man. I bet these individuals err in life. Police use judgement when they’re out and about. They make a call as to whether a telling off is needed or a ticket. To err is to be human. I’ve read accounts from people who lived under the Stasi. One of the things that made life so intolerable was not the Stasi themselves but knowing their fellow man was spying on them. It creates mistrust and worry.

spooky70:
Happysack, has someone been caught being a naughty diver?? :smiley:

No not me but someone I work with. Honestly[emoji10]

In the ideal world I’d film this tool getting bludgeoned to death. I wouldn’t post the footage anywhere though, I’d keep it for my own pleasure and watch it every time I felt low.

So Mr Copeland must have turned the camera to capture the bus driver? The camera was positioned to film his students and I doubt the bus drivers momentary phone action honed into view of the set camera exactly at the right time. Therefore Mr Copeland must have been operating a hand held camera to capture the bus driver?

Comments on The Sentinel’s website are often an interesting if not slightly concerning insight into the way the average Stoke resident thinks, but I am delighted to see that this self-righteous [zb] is largely being ripped to pieces on there as well.

Filming what you ‘think’ was someone doing something they shouldn’t and then taking it to the Police is bad enough, but then scurrying off to the local rag… words cannot describe how much I detest such people.

Looks to me like Mr Copeland has achieved his goal of getting his business advertised. Lets face it he has done a better job here than he would of with an expensive advert in his local “learn to drive with video from Mr copeland and state of the art analysis… (Except where Mr Copeland wants to dob another driver in he may redirect the camera at anytime during your lesson, your statutory rights are not affected)

…so we`re all agreed then. solidarity on TN - possibly a historic first! :laughing:

Did anyone see that programme “furious and funny” on channel 5 last week? There were a couple of self rightous cyclist on there who actually went out and about for nothing else than to film peoples driving.
One of them filmed a bus driver texting behind the wheel and got the guy fired. Although he deserved it,it was mr cycling vigilante who gave it “I know how you should drive and ill catch you if your doing it wrong” that got my goat when he started shouting at a van driver for being too close. Course the van driver lamped him,so a bit of satisfaction there! :laughing:
Another bespectacled vigilante had a go at a guy who turned right into a junction by cutting into the left hand side of the road. Now we all do that if theres no traffic there,but my cyclist felt it his duty to start shouting at him to “drive properly”. And he was interviewed because he posted the footage of the driver having a go at him and he sat there going “he was more interested in having a go at me rather than apologise for what he had done”. When you have people who not only want to film you,but demand an apology,then the ball really is burst.
But I also wonder how many of the dash/helmet cam heros who love to post on the internet are the same ones who shout loudest about erosion of privacy about,for example, cctv cameras?

windrush:
“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone” comes to mind, there will be no need for traffic cops soon with all these self-appointed vigilanties about. :unamused:

Pete.

+1

Thing is Snowy those who live by the sword usually die by it and more and more of these self righteous pricks are posting their films on youtube. This will only escalate and there will be some serious repercussions soon where one of this amateur “Roger Cook” cyclists investigators gets serious hurt. They only have to pull that stunt with the wrong person, a Kenneth J. Noye character and they will be fiming no more.

Oh dear. The future doesnt look overly-rosy for me, im afraid. Im one of that ilk who tend to be rather "full on" with interfering, self-righteous, self-appointed planks. (not in a Mr Noye way, i hasten to add!) More likely to just relieve them of their recording apparatus as part of my retribution technique! :sunglasses: Its not an anger management issue, more of an all-consuming intolerance of people with no life, who try to fill it with matters that are not their concern. In all other aspects of life, however, i am quite simply perfect and beyond criticism. :grimacing:

This guys an absolute clown,any normal person if they had grassed someone up which could potentially cost someone his livelihood you’d keep a low profile…no not this ■■■,let’s go tell the local rag so they can let the person he grassed up know all about him,where he lives and what he does for a living,oh and throw in his distinctive car just in case he hasn’t already given the guy he ■■■■■■ off enough to go on!!!

Btw the bus company won’t sack him anyway unless the evidence is conclusive or they’d get taken to the cleaners by a good solicitor.

m_attt:

m1cks:
What a smug grin on.

That was my first thaught. Another dashcam warrior who needs to jog on. Hardly a story for the news.

:smiling_imp: brt he was a trolly dolly in a past life :laughing: :laughing:

Would be nice to read soon :-

Following an incident in Meir Park, Stoke on Trent Police are seeking witnesses or any information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the criminal damage that wrote off a driving instructors car, poisoning of his pet poodle and the deflowering of his twin 16 year old daughters, police are also looking for his wife last seen at the local red light area wearing a very short skirt, low cut top and stilettos. She was reported to be seen getting into a black BMW with a powerfully built man of west indian appearance wearing a lot of gold rings and necklaces.