Have a look, dose this happen over here?

Have a look girls and boys

youtube.com/watch?v=xBrCX6vs … re=related

Makes me wounder about this Scottish truck who took over me the other week whilst i was doing 75 on the M11 lol i laughed and was shocked that an artic over took me ( Whilst being of duty) heading back from my home town croydon

I was in my car going up the M1 on Sunday last week, in the outside lane behind 2 german trucks, and they were flying, I was doing 75-80mph keeping up with them.

dont mean to sound arrogant, but i used to see this every day, just recently lost my job as the firm went bust, but my truck done 65mph, (irish) and was still over taken by alt of trucks !! 44ton aswell !!

mark h:
dont mean to sound arrogant, but i used to see this every day, just recently lost my job as the firm went bust, but my truck done 65mph, (irish) and was still over taken by alt of trucks !! 44ton aswell !!

Was that 65 on the gps and 56 on the tacho or did the tacho say 65 too? If it did, did you always run at that speed? Wouldn’t you get pumped off vosa if they saw the speed trace at that speed or the constant over speeds?

Steve-o:

mark h:

Was that 65 on the gps and 56 on the tacho or did the tacho say 65 too? If it did, did you always run at that speed? Wouldn’t you get pumped off vosa if they saw the speed trace at that speed or the constant over speeds?

well it was 62/63mph (100kph) but ye the tacho did say this, and that was the chance i took, i didnt have to run at that speed i wasnt pressured to break the law, 90% of the time i never but if i wanted to b home or to make a time i would ! company has gone bust, but i was nice to have the little extea 000mphhhh! to pass other drivers I KNOW ITS WRONG I DONT NEED REMINDING !!! but if and i know MOST OF THIS FORUM AND NOT EVERY 1 OF YOU IS LAW ABIDING I KNOW QUITE WELL YOU WOULD DRIVE OVER THE LIMIT IF YOU COULD

its a pity they couldnt keep the steering wheel straight
when they did the tracking

I used to work for an Irish company our truck did about 63mph whilst reading 55mph on the tachograph.

It went past most things as if they were standing still including most other irish trucks, last year with fuel costs rising it was limited down to about 57mph to save fuel as it seems a lot the fast trucks where.

Even at 57mph coming up the M6 still went past about 99% of trucks.

I don’t know where these phantom 75mph trucks are coming from, i just do local stuff for the past 6months but when i was on the likes of the M6 very occasionally saw a truck doing 70-75mph.

Maybe some people do this kinda speed all the time but their bosses must be on huge rates for the jobs they are doing at 75mph i’d imagine fuel consumption is very low, with current rates and costs of fuel.

if you watch the video again he has taken the fuse box out hence his speed i think

but blimey that lorry that did me whilst i was doing 70mph, i had to film my speed and the lorry just i can show the wife and the farther in law because they did not believe me lol

mickyblue:
if you watch the video again he has taken the fuse box out hence his speed i think

but blimey that lorry that did me whilst i was doing 70mph, i had to film my speed and the lorry just i can show the wife and the farther in law because they did not believe me lol

were you in a car ?

when did you last have the speedo calibrated ?

most overread !!!

he is just trying to charge his batteries if you look his battery symbol is up which means not charging properly

Denis F:

mickyblue:

were you in a car ?

when did you last have the speedo calibrated ?

most overread !!!

The car was sold 2 year back but no doubt the speedo was out by 3-4 mph like all old motors but either way, take that from 70 still to quick

The numpty in the video is Macedonian and by the looks of it is driving in Greece where they are/were lax at speed enforcement, to say the least.

Couple of years ago, I was driving a 7.5t down to cornwall one night, and I was having this continual battle with a dutch plated W&D who was on the flowers. Every down hill (and I mean all of them, and there’s a lot on the a30) he’d fly past me, and every uphill, I’d pass him. I was doing 70mph in that thing… Yes it does happen.

nothing wrong with it.
you get there quicker and you take more time off.

mickyblue:

if you take a certain critical fuse, you can actually switch off the tacho and speed limiter.
theres a fuse on the scania 143 that you can take out and it knocks out the whole system, i know which one it is but not sure if im allowed to mention it on here :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

chappy261:

mickyblue:

if you take a certain critical fuse, you can actually switch off the tacho and speed limiter.
theres a fuse on the scania 143 that you can take out and it knocks out the whole system, i know which one it is but not sure if im allowed to mention it on here :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

in the 164 i drove on a few occasions it was fuse number 1

chappy261:

And I know what fuse it is on a 4 series… :wink:

mark h:

chappy261:

mickyblue:

in the 164 i drove on a few occasions it was fuse number 1

ah well what the hell :open_mouth: not sure what number fuse it was, is it the abs/asr fuse in the 4-series aswell?

chappy261:
is it the abs/asr fuse in the 4-series aswell?

Yep… :wink:

i have taken fuse 1 out on numerous occasions

it knocks out every dial

including air, diesel, oil press gauges, speedo and mileage