Hate it!

Anybody else hate having to drive someone else’s motor? Got swapped on yesterday at a moments notice, because the insurance company has finally given the go ahead to fix some cosmetic issues after a Hungarian driver decided to give it a new look

I’m in a far better motor( 14 plate range T Renault as apposed to my 61 plate TGX), but it’s just not right and I’ve only got half my gear. Ah well. First world problems and all that!

happy trucking all.

No I hate it with a passion!!! We only get swapped when it’s mot time and u end up driving somebody else’s.
Personally I’m a bit ocd bit how the ■■■ some of our blokes sleep in the cesspits is unreal I dread mot time :open_mouth:

I know what you mean, this is luckily pretty clean. Not entirely to my personal standards but it’s sufficient for a few days. I remember getting in one at my last place at mot time and I had 4 hours cleaning it before I would even think about driving it.
Roll on next week when mine returns. I hope.

Chunkzilla:
I know what you mean, this is luckily pretty clean. Not entirely to my personal standards but it’s sufficient for a few days. I remember getting in one at my last place at mot time and I had 4 hours cleaning it before I would even think about driving it.

Hopefully u got 4 hrs pay for cleaning it :laughing:

largebloke1969:

Chunkzilla:

Hopefully u got 4 hrs pay for cleaning it :laughing:

Wishful thinking that! I was on salary!

There’s a bloke at our place who’ll use a holiday if he has to drive any wagon other than his own… and we’re all day drivers, no nights out! That’s proper OCD, squandering holidays here and there to avoid touching another man’s steering wheel.

There’s nowt like your own wagon though.

I used to hate it Premeir Logistics when my XF was at DAF being serviced/MOT’d and I had to take the “spare” Renault Premium…
Very basic kit I had then as all my stuff was in the XF and they told last minute…
Now as a coach driver to Heathrow airport I can be in upto 3 different coaches a day but we are issued everything we need and a biggish company issue rucksack so no problem now :wink:
It’s crapper money tbf but I get to spend more time with my girlfriend :wink:

S’funny but when i’ve been on companies where you just get the first lorry available it never really bothered me what i got issued with.

But when you get your own regular lorry you settle into it and know every inch of it, how it brakes all its idiocyncrasies and can place it within an inch on any road through any gap and know precisely how to reverse it, those with a regular trailer will know this especially, i can make some right pigs ears of it when i have another tank but still try to place it like me own :open_mouth: .

Juddian:
S’funny but when i’ve been on companies where you just get the first lorry available it never really bothered me what i got issued with.

But when you get your own regular lorry you settle into it and know every inch of it, how it brakes all its idiocyncrasies and can place it within an inch on any road through any gap and know precisely how to reverse it, those with a regular trailer will know this especially, i can make some right pigs ears of it when i have another tank but still try to place it like me own :open_mouth: .

I know where you’re coming from truck and coach :open_mouth: :blush:
Except the time my XF got replaced by an Axor - turned out more manoeuvrable than the XF :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:

Juddian:

Except the time my XF got replaced by an Axor - turned out more manoeuvrable than the XF :open_mouth:

Arrgh, you’ve been and gorn and done it now, you’ve justifiably said something nice about Axor…fetch tin hat quick… :laughing:

Juddian:

DAF95XF:

Juddian:

Arrgh, you’ve been and gorn and done it now, you’ve justifiably said something nice about Axor…fetch tin hat quick… :laughing:

Erm erm erm I mean erm… :laughing: :laughing:
Yeah it wasn’t Tesco spec yeah that’s what I meant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chunkzilla:
Anybody else hate having to drive someone else’s motor? Got swapped on yesterday at a moments notice, because the insurance company has finally given the go ahead to fix some cosmetic issues after a Hungarian driver decided to give it a new look

I’m in a far better motor( 14 plate range T Renault as apposed to my 61 plate TGX), but it’s just not right and I’ve only got half my gear. Ah well. First world problems and all that!

happy trucking all.

“Someone else"s motor” or a different company vehicle ?

i will just say the axor aint as bad as people think i had one on hire when my xf broke down was the taller cab and it went like stink and found i could reverse it much better than my xf but i do hate it when i dont have my own truck luckily i get a new renault t range thingy start of july and this will be my own truck for the next 5 years with no one apart from my boss driving it but i will miss the mannual gearbox on the daf and the truck in general as it is the the first truck i started out in since passing my test many memories have been made in less than a year

I hate it too, even though I’m only a dustcart driver. I hate it even more when somebody else has taken “my” motor out. Chair moved to the extreme, mirrors moved beyond belief, radio station lost and the rubbish left in the door pockets. Empty energy drink cans, crisp packets and penguin wrappers all jammed in there, it’s a 26 ton moving bin ffs ! It aint hard or rocket science to throw it in the back. Dont get me started on the state of the windows. It makes me wonder how they ever see whats around them. sorry, rant over.

Suedehead:

Chunkzilla:

happy trucking all.

I smell agency.

Suedehead:

Chunkzilla:

We all know what he means, ‘my’ motor is stood, i haven’t been into work for ten days due to family problems, checked with the office, “do you want me to get my gear out?” was told if you want but it won’t be used by anyone else.Reading what some of the posters here put up makes me realize how lucky I am (workwise) My mate has been using ‘my’ trailer, but he dropped ‘my’ moffet and used ‘his’.

Yeah, using someone else’s motor; no problemo. :sunglasses:

…but the thought of another man inside my lorry? :open_mouth:

I’d rather he had a go inside my wife. :laughing:

I feel sorry for the poor hoor that’s getting my motor next week.

Contraflow:

Suedehead:

Chunkzilla:

happy trucking all.

I smell agency.

ROFL :smiley:

That cracked me up.

A lad at our place won’t let anyone use his company owned truck. So when he is off it gets parked up and they hire a unit for the agency driver