Has anyone been killed or injured?

For NOT wearing a hi-viz jacket,still not sure why drive with the silly thing,if doing a multi drop,that is fair enough,but for a long run,it is pointless,and wont save your life if you have a crash.

Why make the effort to take it off?

Short runs I can’t be @r5ed taking it off, long runs it sits on the passenger seat.

Me too.

I put my hi-viz on at the start of my shift and take it off at the end of my shift and its not multi drop :open_mouth:

So how does that affect you ? :open_mouth:

ohh yeah I’ve just realised its the the norm on here to hate drivers that wear hi-viz’s whilst driving so if you hate them too maybe you can be popular :confused:

or maybe not

Ok. :smiley:

I don’t tend to wear one when I’m driving but the fact remains that a high-viz vest serves the purpose of any item of clothing and keeps a person warm.

yawn! another thread on here where someone is twisting… :unamused:

truckers boy:
yawn! another thread on here where someone is twisting… :unamused:

someone twisting? never mind someone will be doing the po go soon. :laughing:

I do w the line at wearing it on a ferry though!

mrx:
I do w the line at wearing it on a ferry though!

Jonny Cash?

There are dozens of injuries inflicted from ■■■■■■ off drivers who dont like black grease all over the seats

I just can’t be arsed taking it off and putting it on throughout the day so it stays on all day. It’s not greasy and my seats are leather so no issue there. I also don’t like getting hastled by some jumped up ■■■■ if i’ve forgotten to put it back on when I go in to an RDC.

I agree they’re pointless most of the time except in a poorly lit busy yard at night but they’re such a part of daily life now there’s no fighting it.

I also think some drivers are ashamed of wearing a high viz in public as it points out to others that they have a “manual” job. My money is as good in Marks & Spencer’s food markets when i’m wearing a high viz as anyone else’s…

I haven’t worn a Hi Viz for 5 months, no one has even noticed and as of finishing the last shift I worked, at 03:35 Thursday morning, I haven’t been killed to death. Yet.

I went to a place the other week where i had to take my yellow
hi viz off and put on there dark blue one :unamused:

I wear it only when absolutely necessary, drivers who wear them whilst driving look like ■■■■■ :grimacing:

4whatitsworth:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. At 3M Bedford visitors have to wear orange Hi Viz so in the event of an incident requiring evacuation of the site the regular workers will know who are the visitors are and can assist them, as they won’t be familiar with the evacuation plan.

For not wearing a Hi Viz??
No but had a few Bollockings for not wearing it!!

Coffeeholic:

4whatitsworth:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. At 3M Bedford visitors have to wear orange Hi Viz so in the event of an incident requiring evacuation of the site the regular workers will know who are the visitors are and can assist them, as they won’t be familiar with the evacuation plan.

That’s a fair point but orange is a high viz colour where as dark blue is not

I was stood in a transport yard one bright sunny morning minus the mandatory knock me down bib when a driver came up to me and said “If i run over you it will be your fault as you are not wearing a high viz vest” I said “yes i am” He said “no your not” I replied “how do you know I’m not wearing one” He said “I can see that you haven’t got your’s on” I said "No problem then you wont run me over as you can see me just fine. After a period of deep thought he walked away mumbling to his self.

I personally have not been killed because I wasn’t wearing one.
Hi viz jackets are not bulit proof, nor will they stop a vehicle from crushing you … but they make it easier for the driver to see who they are killing.