Harry Monk's Long Distance Diary WITH ONLY ONE WORD!

Backload.

I thought “Backload” was something done between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home

Nice one, Harry

Good read.

And the pics were OK as well. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant ! The old Cerdon has changed a bit since I was there last . And the Steelworks looks like its booming.

Harry Monk:

That’s not far - home to the local shops is that far on my screen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good pics, not that I’d recognise any of them :frowning:

harry:
Brilliant ! The old Cerdon has changed a bit since I was there last . And the Steelworks looks like its booming.

I know you’ve been doing it for the same length of time as me Harry so you will have seen how much easier a drive it is compared to the old road and a 320bhp truck well overloaded with steel coil…

But I bet you miss out a few good cafes with the new route.

harry:
But I bet you miss out a few good cafes with the new route.

Well, I miss all of “the old days”. Relais des Sapins, leaping out of the cab feet first, T-forms that let you take the rest of the day off while the agent cleared them… but it’s still better than ■■■■■■■ 26 tonnes of concrete lintels around Travis bleeding Perkins which is what I’ll be doing next week.

I also miss the days when you could get a pack of cigarettes out of a German vending machine with two five-pence pieces :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

love the fuel guage… :smiley:

cheers

(keping on the one word theme!)

Harry Monk:
I also miss the days when you could get a pack of cigarettes out of a German vending machine with two five-pence pieces :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Same here :frowning: [Wurlitzer :wink: ]

:open_mouth: Remember when they put the price up to 3 x 5p pieces?? :open_mouth: Scandalous IMHO.

Great diary too.
There were some good memories for me in there, so thanks for posting it. :smiley:

bbez:
love the fuel guage… :smiley:

Diesel’s a ha’penny a litre cheaper in France so you do tend to string it out a bit :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
I also miss the days when you could get a pack of cigarettes out of a German vending machine wit two five-pence pieces :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember going out there (too young to drive) with a bag full of 5p’s for the ■■■ machines - cheaper than duty free :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:

Harry Monk:
I also miss the days when you could get a pack of cigarettes out of a German vending machine wit two five-pence pieces :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember going out there (too young to drive) with a bag full of 5p’s for the ■■■ machines - cheaper than duty free :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, I remember you could put them in any type of vending machine, and that the Deutchmark was about three to the pound so an old shilling-a 5p piece- was worth 33p if you could spend it when no-one was watching :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Especially phone boxes, many a long phone call made to the wife :slight_smile:

Nice to see a TT1 V3 Europe working well.

Just bought the same model myself recently,and think it’s very good.

Oh.Good pics by the way. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

A great assortment of pictures, thanks
As for the ■■■ machines, you now need
a bank card to ensure that you can
get ciggies out of the machine,
this was brought in to try and reduce
underage smokeing.

I’d like to congratulate the driver of that blue Rover - All the way to France for 2 cases of Special Brew and some plonk!
Top man!!!

Harry Monk are you due a new motor as i see you gaffer has 2 tractor units for sale in comm motor this week one 54 plate white and other a 04 plate in black??

Nice pics Harry, see you like the old special brew then! :smiley: :smiley: