Harry Monk

This forum has gone a bit wild over the past few days imho & now folks seem to be getting nasty & personal including our leader Rikki who seems to imho side with Harry regardless of what He’s saying, now I know of Harry in real life not personally mind, He drove for a friend of mine for a good while & I have to say He was’nt the companies best asset at times, I’ve heared all the ins & outs of some of His carry ons over the years & then here He is on this very forum telling folks how to do the job & ranting on about VOSA etc etc,

I know Harry has gone down the owner driver route We all do & at times this forum seems to have been His personal sounding board & its got up some peoples noses Myself included at times, He’s had some ■■■■ good advice given Him for free on here too from blokes that do know a thing or two about running lorries, now I think He ought to back off a little Myself get His head down & get some graft in rather than squabbling about petty stuff on here & also keep some things a little closer to His chest, I’m gob smacked that He’d provide a link to Meritex on here it just shows how naive & stupid He really is over business & as for His snipes at blokes about what size vehicle they drive ffs grow up from an ■■■■■■ van to a 250t heavyweight what does it matter Your still a professional driver at the end of the day.

I personally would’nt have invested what I had into what Harry has but I don’t wish Him anything but luck with His venture, I think He’s bought the wrong truck & is doing the wrong work but hey ho such is life, You see thats where His plans a tad mad as all He has done is got Himself doing what He did for His previous employer for Himself but for probably 70% of what His previous employer was getting for doing it, top & bottom of it is if He’d grafted as hard for His last boss as He will for Himself He would still be there but He did’nt so He’s not.

Suspect this thread will get pulled soon enough, as I said on another thread I haven’t got any idea who has said what to who in the past, but it comes across that every time Harry asks a question it’s folk who either used to own a truck or have never owned a truck are most readily there with the constructive criticism and it looks bad.

Own Account Driver:
Suspect this thread will get pulled soon enough, as I said on another thread I haven’t got any idea who has said what to who in the past, but it comes across that every time Harry asks a question it’s folk who either used to own a truck or have never owned a truck are most readily there with the constructive criticism and it looks bad.

Why would it get pulled Chap? I see nothing wrong in what I’ve said here do You? Maybe its blokes who used to own trucks or who have never bothered that know what they’re talking about. I owned trucks for 25 years I’m probably going to own one again I don’t doubt this is an open forum is it not? why not have two sides to a coin & discuss them? It seems to Me that speaking the truth on here & telling it how it is isnt wanted at times, people ask questions & if I know the answer I will tap it out if I don’t I won’t. It seems to me some folks can rant & rave with there racist & homophobic views & nothing is said to them on here whereas some blokes with a valid point get premodded or whatever, I feel as its never happened to Me that I put a fair point across in an honest open way don’t You?

Pass the popcorn this could be a classic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At the end of he day…,

He is a hard working guy who has put his money where his mouth is and enjoys what he does.

He also has spare time on his hands waiting to be tipped and therefore has time to interact with us fellow truck drivers and give advice based on his personal venture.

Best of luck to the guy.

It’s v hard to find people with all the same views on being an o/d we are all different and when you ask questions like what the best truck out there it’s the every one has different views no ones is wrong or right iv said before if your happy doing what your doing and enjoying life it’s much better than being the richest misserable corpse in the graveyard
Harry seems happy enuf and I wish him all the best if he comes in here saying what he earns and how he does that’s up to him we don’t have to read it I will freely give any one advice on my o/d journey weather they take it is upto them it mite be right it mite be wrong anyway I wish every o/d the best and c mon live that dream baby

Own Account Driver:
Suspect this thread will get pulled soon enough,

Hi O A D,
It’ll be down to folks own stupidity if this topic gets pulled.

The forum rules are that people can attack what’s been written, but NOT attack the person who wrote it.

Those who can’t follow this simple rule might end up finding that they can’t post as freely as they could previously.

Own Account Driver:
… as I said on another thread I haven’t got any idea who has said what to who in the past, but it comes across that every time Harry asks a question it’s folk who either used to own a truck or have never owned a truck are most readily there with the constructive criticism and it looks bad.

I’m fairly sure that Harry is quite capable of evaluating the advice he receives in order to filter the crap out.

:bulb: Usually, the poster’s username (= reputation) is a good pointer of what kind of quality to expect. :wink:

I don’t know Mr. Monk, but I must say I have respect for anybody who well informed start a venue into the unknown.
He could have “accepted” that there was no work, and collect his dole as many others do nowadays.
In a time that the Transport world is badly hurt by the recession, and even long, well established company struggles and go bust.
In these times I have a lot of respect for people who don’t sit down and accept that they are beaten, but use their own money to try to better their selves!
I hope Harry is successful, but even if he fails, he doesn’t own you or me anything, so I don’t understand the personal attacks and derogating comments.
I can not believe that some British people (and Ex-pats) sunk so deep that pure out of jalousie they are only happy when somebody fails. Grow up please.
Live is too short to be miserable and I enjoy when somebody enjoys what he is doing.
Regarding the OP, it’s very dangerous what you put in there about your mate, it’s forbidden for any employer to publicise or advertise any negative information about your employee (current or former) in any form.
For the simple reason that there is no context to put the remark in, and an opinion can be very personal, what a good employee is for me, can be any awkward nasty person for anybody else.

The problem with Mr Monk is he’s very good at ■■■■■■■ people off, even people who previously thought well of him.

caledoniandream:
I can not believe that some British people (and Ex-pats) sunk so deep that pure out of jalousie they are only happy when somebody fails. Grow up please.

That’s a kind of Schadenfreude for you!!

We don’t have an English word for it, but it exists here as it does elsewhere.

I do agree with you though, cos some people would do well to grow up. :wink:

switchlogic:
The problem with Mr Monk is he’s very good at ■■■■■■■ people off, even people who previously thought well of him.

Very true

fly sheet:
This forum has gone a bit wild over the past few days imho & now folks seem to be getting nasty & personal including our leader Rikki who seems to imho side with Harry regardless of what He’s saying

What I am interested to know is why the trucknet forum rules do not apply to “Harry Monk” aka Vince Coventon in real life, aka “Vince” on the forums prior to 2005.

Vince was banned from this site in 2005 for making untrue allegations which he refused to sort out in private, yet a short while later he created a new account “Harry Monk” and has been posting as a banned member for the past 8 years.

From the forum rules :

Rikki-UK:
Important Notes

1. Anyone caught posting under another Username whilst a suspension is in force will automatically earn the next level of suspension.

Yet another case of Rikki’s selective moderation where one set of rules applies to his favourites and another set applies to everyone else.

Rikki will be along shortly to tell you if you don’t like it leave!!

Don’t forget the 2 million hits an hour :wink:

You are all just jealous you ain’t got free reign to to post anti ■■■■ anti gupsy and anti polish posts without been told off.

I am not attacking anybody & I have in no way been slanderous towards Mr Monk, the fact is I do know who He worked for as I did the occasional loads for the bloke & I gave the bloke a fair chunk of work from time to time & this means I have heard plenty of the goings on as haulier to hauliers do. I will not post it on here as I’m not that daft, My views on Mr Monk arent personal in any way theyre from a purely business point of view, I do not believe as some do that He’s this great geezer that can’t find a job & has sold the family jewels to give himself work, what I suspect is that He could’nt find work doing what He wanted to do & theres a big difference, now fair play yes if You can afford to spend thousands on buying Yourself employment doing what You want to do thats fine but then please don’t come on an open forum like this trying to make us believe Your a new start looking at all options & selling us Your new business plan & taking no notice of any advice given or offered as Your taking us lot for mugs.

I do agree with Rob K too it does seem theres an unlevel playing field here & its a shame really, I have spent hours messing about posting pictures etc on here & I like to think making this forum a better place at times, I am also an ex-pat but what that has to do with any of this I really don’t know, are We not wanted on this Forum due to our post code? Does the fact that I drive on The North American Continent now mean that all the posts I make are’nt valid anymore?

& I think the few Facebook pages that have emerged over the last few months are as stated doing Trucknet a favour in many ways, Its like playing rugby really the referee is god on the pitch as is The Moderator on here but what goes on in the changing rooms or ale house after the game is sweet fanny adams to do with the referee is it? So if I want to shout & hoot I’ll do it with like minded people away from here as its private not moderated like here.

Wooo “raises handbag”:lol:

Shoshaye:
Wooo “raises handbag”:lol:

Manbag please :smiley:

lol woo “raises manbag”:smiley:

I second that Mr Flysheet and I raise a Vanillia coke to you :sunglasses: