Harry Monk

Rob K:
What I am interested to know is why the trucknet forum rules do not apply to “Harry Monk” aka Vince Coventon in real life, aka “Vince” on the forums prior to 2005.

Vince was banned from this site in 2005 for making untrue allegations which he refused to sort out in private, yet a short while later he created a new account “Harry Monk” and has been posting as a banned member for the past 8 years.

From the forum rules :

Rikki-UK:
Important Notes

1. Anyone caught posting under another Username whilst a suspension is in force will automatically earn the next level of suspension.

Yet another case of Rikki’s selective moderation where one set of rules applies to his favourites and another set applies to everyone else.

Selective memory Rob or is it early onset of Alzheimer’s disease ?

Both you and Vince were banned around the same time ( and your many aliases) but you were both allowed back when the rules were re-written and the slate was wiped clean ( I can’t remember the exact dates but it was shortly after I became a mod iirc)

switchlogic:
The problem with Mr Monk is he’s very good at ■■■■■■■ people off, even people who previously thought well of him.

I just dont like him , I think he is a bigoted old fool simple really :neutral_face:

kr79:
You are all just jealous you ain’t got free reign to to post anti ■■■■ anti gupsy and anti polish posts without been told off.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this , ya see Kr if you put a snidy little wink at the end itmeans its ok really .

Denis F:

Rob K:
What I am interested to know is why the trucknet forum rules do not apply to “Harry Monk” aka Vince Coventon in real life, aka “Vince” on the forums prior to 2005.

Vince was banned from this site in 2005 for making untrue allegations which he refused to sort out in private, yet a short while later he created a new account “Harry Monk” and has been posting as a banned member for the past 8 years.

From the forum rules :

Rikki-UK:
Important Notes

1. Anyone caught posting under another Username whilst a suspension is in force will automatically earn the next level of suspension.

Yet another case of Rikki’s selective moderation where one set of rules applies to his favourites and another set applies to everyone else.

Both you and Vince were banned around the same time ( and your many aliases) but you were both allowed back when the rules were re-written and the slate was wiped clean ( I can’t remember the exact dates but it was shortly after I became a mod iirc)

Was it like the amnesty the goverment is giving illegal immigrants?

I have forgotten the password to my other id . :wink:

popcorn.jpg

Denis F:

Rob K:

From the forum rules :

Rikki-UK:
Important Notes

No selective memory or onset of Alzheimer’s at all. My “many aliases” were in fact just 1, which was quickly discovered and banned. The amnesty did not occur until 1 Jan 2008, by which point Vince had been posting for 3 years as a banned member under his “Harry Monk” alias. And Rikki was fully aware of this fact right from the start because Lucy let it slip in the chat room sometime around Christmas 2005.

Regardless of the semantics, the point still stands that Rikki knowingly let Vince post under an alias whilst banned which makes a complete mockery of the forum rules that he expects everyone else to abide by. :unamused:

Rob K:
Regardless of the semantics, the point still stands that Rikki knowingly let Vince post under an alias whilst banned which makes a complete mockery of the forum rules that he expects everyone else to abide by. :unamused:

Rob,

Whilst that may or may not be true (I’ve got no opinion on it one way or the other) you have spoken in the past about masked IPs and proxy servers, so is it possible that explains why action might not have been taken owing to a lack of proof?

Sorry if I’ve got the terminology wrong. :blush:

dieseldave:

Rob K:

Rob,

Whilst that may or may not be true (I’ve got no opinion on it one way or the other) you have spoken in the past about masked IPs and proxy servers, so is it possible that explains why action might not have been taken owing to a lack of proof?

Sorry if I’ve got the terminology wrong. :blush:

Read the end of the sentence above the part you’ve quoted, Dave. :bulb:

Just a thought, I wonder what Michelin, the sponsors of this forum think of this shameful thread…

LRM:
Just a thought, I wonder what Michelin, the sponsors of this forum think of this shameful thread…

Michelin don’t sponsor this forum, they sponsor the owner drivers forum :wink:

Easter-Star:

switchlogic:
The problem with Mr Monk is he’s very good at ■■■■■■■ people off, even people who previously thought well of him.

I just dont like him , I think he is a bigoted old fool simple really :neutral_face:

You think tail gunners and ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ are an assett to life on earth then!

fly sheet:
Why would it get pulled Chap? I see nothing wrong in what I’ve said here do You?

I’m going to lock the thread now, you’ve had your say. I don’t think this is going anywhere. It reads to me just a rant about Harry Monk and i’ve no intention of baby sitting the thread to see what is or isn’t said next and to be honest i’m not sure what business it is of ours, or yours or anyone elses who he worked for and what he done. If he wants to say what he done then fine, but i don’t think its your place to be telling tales here.

fly sheet:
, I have spent hours messing about posting pictures etc on here & I like to think making this forum a better place at times, I am also an ex-pat but what that has to do with any of this I really don’t know, are We not wanted on this Forum due to our post code? Does the fact that I drive on The North American Continent now mean that all the posts I make are’nt valid anymore?

I’m uncertain what you mean here, unless i’ve missed something? No one has suggested you’re not wanted?
But if i can make crystal clear what isn’t wanted then its this…the continual sniping between certain members, to save me typing them out a lot of them are contributors in this thread. I thinks its about time its stopped before it spoils things for other people. I don’t think many of us are really interested in what you all think of each other.