Hargreaves/ Stobarts

I have been a night trunk driver for nearly ten years and I see that both these companies are recruiting for tipper drivers and walking floor drivers . I fancy a complete change any views that are constructive regarding earnings and this type of work would be very useful .An I have been a class 1 28 years so please I can drive I am just very interested in what they do.

Observations would suggest that if you’re not one of these highly aggressive drivers who like the go everywhere on the limiter, drive a truck as they would a car and become very angry with any other road user who is going slowe than they would like to, then Hargreaves is not the job for you. Morons, each and every one of them.

I was flat out on cruise control on the A1 southbound about 5 miles north of M62 split last week, exactly 56mph, within about 3 minutes, a dot in my mirrors caught me up and passed me like I was doing about 45mph, and off he went into the distance.
All this time he was in the middle lane, this was a Hargreaves motor.

Cowboy.

Done a week on Stobarts walking floors last week. Back again on Monday for more, first impressions:

If you like to work a full day, this isn’t the job for you. I spent a lot of time on POA and often got to drops just after they closed so lost 3-4 hours of my day.

Its not really clean work. I did two loads of recyleable plastics, two loads of municpal waste and a load of waste wood. Only the waste wood was ‘clean’. Also I had to get in with the bin juice and a pressure washer to clean the trailer out for a load of Haribo but all jobs have their dangers.

As an agy driver I got the abbreviated 4 hour training. We ended up taking six hours but I didn’t feel short changed.

Getting in the truck (63 plate Scania R440 6x2 tag) and finding a gearstick was a shock! I got over it.

The planners actually seem human, I must have been mistaken.

If you do go for it, B&Q sell toecapped wellies for about £20.

Olog Hai:
Observations would suggest that if you’re not one of these highly aggressive drivers who like the go everywhere on the limiter, drive a truck as they would a car and become very angry with any other road user who is going slowe than they would like to, then Hargreaves is not the job for you. Morons, each and every one of them.

Agree with you on that pal,i once watched 2 come round the roundabout from the m18 onto m18,how they didnt tip over is a miracle :open_mouth:

Forgive me TNUK for I have sinned, I once went for a job interview with Hargreaves.
The loverly lady politely explained the basics of the job, we talked etc then she told me there is a bit of a wait for the driving assesment as there where several candidates, but not to worry. She then started to explain the wage structure, outlining the basic rate of £7.25 p/hr. :open_mouth:
Needless to say I didn’t hang around for the driving Assesment …

Hargreaves have just chopped a lot of rates, take as you will!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

kindle530:
I was flat out on cruise control on the A1 southbound about 5 miles north of M62 split last week, exactly 56mph, within about 3 minutes, a dot in my mirrors caught me up and passed me like I was doing about 45mph, and off he went into the distance.
All this time he was in the middle lane, this was a Hargreaves motor.

Cowboy.

I used to see the same quite often on the M62E as far as the M18 split. They’d come past like bats out of hell pulling what looked to be tippers which carried coal, often three or four together in convoy with hardly room for a ■■■ paper between them and in battered Scanias which looked like they should be on the first boat to Africa.

seth 70:

Olog Hai:

Agree with you on that pal,i once watched 2 come round the roundabout from the m18 onto m18,how they didnt tip over is a miracle :open_mouth:

You should see the way they all charge around on the dock at Immingham!

it might be a rumour but as ferrybridge c is now closing down, there is a few million tons of coal stored there, which is going to fiddlers ferry power station…by road… and you know who moves most of the coal in the uk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: so keep your elbows in on the m62 Hargreaves are coming,if its true that’s a lot of work for subbies :smiley: :smiley:

Radar19:

seth 70:

Olog Hai:

I’ve seen em pinging round the docks when I go in on a Sunday for my trailer !!!
Right bunch of miserable looking git’s at warp speed usually with either no brake lights or indicators :astonished:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-32802980

If it is closing, then why has scaffolding been put up and a crane been put on site to sort the fire damage out? :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Ferrybridge C Power station 'to close in 2016' - BBC News

If it is closing, then why has scaffolding been put up and a crane been put on site to sort the fire damage out? :open_mouth:

And why have they spent millions on new buildings and rail head? seems very strange.

Radar19:

seth 70:

Olog Hai:

We had a Alford traffic motor on hull dock before mate and his brakes on the unit was on fire, them lot are crazy

yt03:

Radar19:

seth 70:

Olog Hai:

We had a Alford traffic motor on hull dock before mate and his brakes on the unit was on fire, them lot are crazy

Theres a few on the Immingham dock that run wild. Motors that have seen better days, some look overloaded and most drivers look like they are chewing on wasps.

So it seems we are saying Hargreaves drivers are aggressive numb heads !!!

Thank you for the comment re Stobart it at least gives some idea of the job.
If anyone actually drives for Hargreaves it would be nice to see there views on the job.

weeto:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Ferrybridge C Power station 'to close in 2016' - BBC News

And why have they spent millions on new buildings and rail head? seems very strange.

From what I can gather it’s only the “c” part that’s closing the new parts are not for coal burning energy.

As long as a blind eye is turned to illegal incentive type bonuses which encourage (most but not all :wink: ) tipper drivers to drive like ■■■■ s, then they will always…drive like ■■■■ s :bulb: it’s as easy as that.

robroy:
As long as a blind eye is turned to illegal incentive type bonuses which encourage (most but not all :wink: ) tipper drivers to drive like [zb] s, then they will always…drive like [zb] s :bulb: it’s as easy as that.

See that actually scares me.

Its a shameful admission to be sure but I have never driven as carefully as I did last week when I was on walking floors for the first time. Because I couldn’t strap the load down. These Hargreaves boys are running like Lewis Hamilton with a nice and mobile live load in the back! Jeeeeeesous.

robroy:
As long as a blind eye is turned to illegal incentive type bonuses which encourage (most but not all :wink: ) tipper drivers to drive like [zb] s, then they will always…drive like [zb] s :bulb: it’s as easy as that.

Doesn’t have to be bonuses that make them drive like that, just the amount of work they are allotted to do. We had some full days at times and had to crack on to get it all done within our hours but we were not on a bonus as such, just hourly paid. That was why I preferred carting coated stone to dry, not so much rushing around and plenty of break time!

Pete.