Hard shoulder mugging

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s … d-43356410

Maybe someone on here was passing through at the time and had a dash cam set up? Hopefully cctv will catch these lowlife tossers who bravely attacked a poor woman in trouble. I only wish I had confidence that the court would deal with them adequately when they are caught.

Flecking low-lives !!!
Hope they find the scum !

Pond life, I hope the coppers catch them and deal with them for ‘‘resisting arrest’’ :smiling_imp:
A ■■■■ good kicking would be justifiable I reckon.

She must’ve been terrified :open_mouth:
I hope they catch them!

Wow, this is terrible, lets hope the scumbags are caught, but don’t hold out much hope in the criminal justice system dealing with it appropriately! The CJS seems to be more interested in policing our thoughts and opinions rather than dealing with real criminals :smiling_imp:

Regards
Dave Penn;

This is terrible, reading that article my mind went back to the murder of that lone pregnant woman on the M50 all those years ago :frowning:

Surely there are CCTV cameras on that motorway, maybe not where it actually happened, but giving that they have a record of when she called in the breakdown to when they got to her, they must be able to start searching for a vehicle that was in that area at that time.

edited to add :::::
Or am I clutching at straws

pierrot 14:
Surely there are CCTV cameras on that motorway, maybe not where it actually happened, but giving that they have a record of when she called in the breakdown to when they got to her, they must be able to start searching for a vehicle that was in that area at that time.

Incredibly coincidental that she was carrying a three-figure sum of cash, and had a mobile but chose to use the box at the side of the road to call for help. I’m no expert - but if I need breakdown cover I use my mobile… Just saying. Very lucky to be so close to the box to ask for assistance after being robbed. And the robbers were very lucky to get cash - and not her cards etc…

But then models are being kidnapped by the ‘black death’ and come back and are able to tell the daily mail about it. So it’s an odd world we live in. I have a fair amount of cash at home - in a safe, but I don’t generally carry three figure sums in cash randomly. I’m obviously the exception.

Sure the police will get very far with their ‘investigations’ - I’m sure there will be loads of witnesses on a motorway at that time.

sammym:

pierrot 14:

Incredibly coincidental that she was carrying a three-figure sum of cash, and had a mobile but chose to use the box at the side of the road to call for help. I’m no expert - but if I need breakdown cover I use my mobile… Just saying. Very lucky to be so close to the box to ask for assistance after being robbed. And the robbers were very lucky to get cash - and not her cards etc…

But then models are being kidnapped by the ‘black death’ and come back and are able to tell the daily mail about it. So it’s an odd world we live in. I have a fair amount of cash at home - in a safe, but I don’t generally carry three figure sums in cash randomly. I’m obviously the exception.

Sure the police will get very far with their ‘investigations’ - I’m sure there will be loads of witnesses on a motorway at that time.

So cynical Sammy but you may have a point . As for using the mobile not the box, mobile to call someone she knows, box to call and advise HAScot to alert them. I would use the box first then my mobile.
edit to add:::: by the way shouldn’t you be revising or something? Back to school, sorry UNI on Monday! :grimacing: :grimacing:

pierrot 14:

sammym:

pierrot 14:

So cynical Sammy but you may have a point . As for using the mobile not the box, mobile to call someone she knows, box to call and advise HAScot to alert them. I would use the box first then my mobile.
edit to add:::: by the way shouldn’t you be revising or something? Back to school, sorry UNI on Monday! :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m driving tomorrow - 10am start for me, finish at 4 - for 8 hours money at Sunday rates. And I have a stinking cold. Can’t sleep at all. Driving monday as well. Gotta get the ££ for class 1 training next month.

I’m a similar age to this girl… I don’t know a single person who’d use a box over a mobile from my peer group. It would be a call to break down, or emergency services if you were a really silly girl. And I don’t know anyone including the flash bankers in London who carry that much cash. We pay using contactless or even using our phones to pay. Using our pin codes is considered old school or big-ticket purchases. I only have cash in my house as the internet banking isn’t working on my business account - and I need to put it in my personal account.

sammym:

pierrot 14:

The official advice is to use sos phones as it helps the emergency services obtain a precise location. Her phone was stolen so she had to return to the sos box to report the robbery. You are correct…you are no expert.

Sammy I recall in a previous post to do with the M1 crash, you said “I wouldn’t have a clue what the HA number is”. You have also admitted that you wouldn’t use the M/way emergency phone should you brake down. This isn’t a game show where you can call a friend. If you break down on a motorway are you going to sit there till the fluffy unicorn comes to help you?? You have to walk to the box and call it in, purely for your own protection!! I often wonder what planet you’re on, stop smoking the silly cigs!!

Fair play lads.

I make a point of having a phone number for the ‘office’ when working, some companies give me a sheet with recovery company details etc. If it was an emergency then I’d use 999. In my personal car, it would break down or again would be emergency services/101.

I’d rather use my mobile from a verge in the car - or from driver’s seat in the truck. It’s never been needed for either a car or a truck so far. But the idea of my wondering down the hard shoulder on foot isn’t something that appeals.

Lucky girl she could have been in the boot of the bad guys car never to be seen again!

My missus has said she would just keep driving whilst on the hard shoulder and sod the damage to the car.

pierrot 14:
Surely there are CCTV cameras on that motorway

Only around Glasgow.

i too am a tad cynical. its the way the press reports this stuff,as if its to keep the public on edge -the criminal isnt caught,so they say . “services stretched to the limit” is a phrase i personally dont bleve but they love using that in the headlines. youll never hear “theyre coping very well, recently had all new gear and doing nicely” .

this spy saga in Salisburys another one, a big fanfare of the Army now called in giant wrecker hauling away small ambulance = my guess is they no very well what and who are behind it and are dealing with it , but somebody in the govt has decided a week in lets make a big to do on the news on this one get those guys in the tellytub outfits on camera at that park bench

then its the weather Beast from the East ,its all sensationally bad. it cant be just bad,its has to be the worst in living memory - but reality was it was mild compared to winters back in the day

I’d like to say that this simply couldn’t happen in this country, which in my younger days was a Jerusalem of overall decency compared to now, of course it had faults too, but a lone woman in such a situation would very soon find a decent chap or two stopping to offer genuine assistance and protection.

I’d also like to say that in my youth, these scum who crawled out from under some rock, once identified, would be dealt with in the correct manner by the really dangerous lads who looked after their own particular manor.

The problem now, is genuine decent chaps don’t have gdc tattooed on their foreheads, and an increasing number of young women have attitude, and assume (been brainwashed?) that all men are predators, hence decent men now can’t do right and what comes naturally in a decent society, without being assumed to be wrong, unfortunately these low life’s have confirmed the latter day thinking.

And its bugger all to do with cutbacks, this degeneracy has been allowed to happen because it suits those in charge to have a terrified fractured divided society, a society with no common goals such as this country once had.

I hope, probably in vain, any old school left who still run that manor, dish out some justice in the fullness of time.

I left Carlisle around 19.30 on Friday night going North to ■■■■■■■■■■■ and saw the police cars on the hard shoulder . Just thought it was somebody nicked for speeding . Unfortunately it would have been to dark for the dashcam to pick anything up and to late by then .
I really hope the culprits are caught and dealt with - in a pick shaft round the back of the head type way

all my life,my instinct would be to stop and assist if i saw a woman broken down.
nowadays id never stop unless is was some geriatric old twaddler or something completely mental in circumstances,as you wouldnt know what to expect reactionwise from said stranded female.
they wanted equality so they have it now and it could led to grief approaching the wrong wifey if your in the middle of nowhere.
over in ireland its a different story as the way of life is somewhat more laid back.
i still automatically hold doors open for women and suchlike but at the same time my brain is calculating whether i keep it open for them depending on my perspective of them.

About 30 years ago, not long after that poor woman was murdered on the hard shoulder of the M5/M50?, I stopped on the shoulder of the M2 some time after midnight to offer assistance to a woman who had broken down. As soon as I got out of the cab she jumped back in her car screaming her head off in sheer terror. Although this was pre mobile phones our lot had a two way system in the wagons so I was able to arrange for the bizzies to attend and help the poor lassie whilst I kept a safe distance from her. If these animals are caught I have little doubt the sentence will leave me wishing we had greater access to guns in this country.