Hanging Meat.

Possibly starting a job carrying “hanging” meat,I would therefore appreciate any advice on Do’s and Don’ts.Diolch :smiley: :smiley:

dont let the blood drip onto the steel :laughing:

Don’t take corners or roundabouts too fast. Centre of gravity and all that.

In addition to that, when you’re in the yard give it a bit of welly then hit the brakes to slide it forward. Saves it catching you out as you approach a junction. As ezydriver said, easy on the cornering.

smooth around the bends no sudden jurking or harsh breaking first time for me was f****** scary :laughing: :laughing:

N R Evans ■■

:bulb: How about packing one of those small disposable BBQs …just in case you run out of drive time and have to night-out :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sharky the shredder:
:idea: How about packing one of those small disposable BBQs …just in case you run out of drive time and have to night-out :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: PMSL

gardun:
N R Evans ■■

Gardun,sut mae mynd? No…might be Virginia transport Ireland.

Went for a job doing hanging meat a few years ago in Grimsby, the employer asked if I had done it before and when I said no he replied he would not be able to get insurance for me.

When I checked he was telling the truth, if you havent done it before you can land yourself in it.

Always load the 20 tons of steel first…ha ha… Did hanging meat a few years ago, and its doesnt change…treat it like a tanker…no heavy braking…no fast speeds on the roundabouts…and watch the bends and/or roundabouts with adverse cambers…for they will tip you on your side…

Remember to take a sharp knife with you to cut a nice steak for your disposable barbie!! :slight_smile:

And dont forget the white coat…ha ha …

truckyboy:
Always load the 20 tons of steel first…

:laughing: :laughing: The only steel you need is, the steel to sharpen the carving knife with :laughing: :laughing:

definatley take your time used to take them down to portugal first time was a bit dodgy even worse when you have few drops on and they take more of one side.

I have hanging meat with me every day lol :smiley:

killer100:
I have hanging meat with me every day lol :smiley:

:smiley: Killer…What filth.I’m shocked :open_mouth: Need a lie down now.

hexenhammer.
dont be too worried about carrying hanging meat.
you will have 5 or 6 axles all on air.
i did it in the 70s with spread axle trailers with spring suspension.
that was dangerous,always lifting the rear axle on roundabouts.
just dont make any sudden bursts of acceleration on the roundabouts and you will be ok.
be a little more careful with pigs as they hang higher and do weight heavy.
alweays give the trailer a shunt and make sure the rail stoppers are locked in position,the back ones anyway.
dont forget to buy a freezer for your house as well,very important if you are on general haulage with a fridge.

If the bacon is sliced and pre wrapped…DONT…put it on the rails…

Once you slam on to make the meat move forward put the locks on the rails. you will be overweight on the drive axle unless your in a six legger. Stay away from rungis.