Handing in your keys

IIRC…Norbert Dentressangle in Nuneaton used to be…lock on dock wheel system, red airline off, salvo lock, take your keys, made you sit in canteen :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WTF… :question: :question: :question:

Asda Washington you have to drop it and just pull the unit forward abit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homebase Wellingboro
drop & pull forward a bit - put lock on red line

RIPPER:
IIRC…Norbert Dentressangle in Nuneaton used to be…lock on dock wheel system, red airline off, salvo lock, take your keys, made you sit in canteen :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WTF… :question: :question: :question:

I went in a Norbert depot like that. Gloucester I think it was, but you had to walk through the warehouse between fork lift trucks to get to the toilets or office block.

dieseldog999:
where in the event of dispute a pallet of goods is balanced half on and off the rear of the trailer on the loading ramp even if you are demanding the return of your keys so you can just drive off to stuff their delivery.

wat

in the current situation why would you hand over the keys to anyone ?

Unless they are being sprayed and cleaned in front of your very eyes

ETS:

dieseldog999:
where in the event of dispute a pallet of goods is balanced half on and off the rear of the trailer on the loading ramp even if you are demanding the return of your keys so you can just drive off to stuff their delivery.

wat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
■■?
have you not experienced the situation where after being delayed tipping,and either deciding to or being told by your boss to leave, you threatened to drive off the bay with all/part of the delivery only for them to put a pallet of goods on the loading ramp from the warehouse into the trailer so that if you drive off it will fall out onto the yard?
you can always show them your spare key if they refuse point blank to return the ones you gave them…

I delivered to Amazon at West Drayton last night and once on the bay, had to hand keys to warehouse man and then had to remove my airline and he gave me a lock to put on it. I was even told to use the chocks for the trailer wheels but i didn’t bother as i thought enough ■■■■ had already been taken

Back in the day, White Arrow used to make you drop the trailer and park up. Some places (Bayliss and Harding, Redditch for one) have a system that grabs the trailer wheels. The dock doors won’t open until they are in place - that always seemed the best idea to me.

Was in Great Bear in Bromborough on friday, bay has automatic wheel clamping device that rams a metal wedge in between wheels. You still had to leave your keys, WTF, but nobody would handle them, so all were left on shelf by office window. Went to collect mine, and some twot had taken them. How can you be that switched-off, where your own truck has its keys in it, and you take another set? Luckily he came back with them after a tense couple of minutes, but how can you be so stupid with just one head?

At the range Doncaster and they give you a plastic zip type bag to put your keys in and hand the bag to you when done which is a good idea

edd1974:
At the range Doncaster and they give you a plastic zip type bag to put your keys in and hand the bag to you when done which is a good idea

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the obvious question has to be,what difference does it make handing you a plastic bag or a bunch of keys regarding the covidcovidcovid hysteria season??

Good question DD, and one I asked myself last week when I asked for the shower key at Sutton Scotney; she handed me it in a plastic bag, I then took the key out, used the shower, put key back in the same bag and handed it back to her. My raised eyebrows and cynical smile didn’t sink in to the poor lass obviously.

dieseldog999:

edd1974:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the obvious question has to be,what difference does it make handing you a plastic bag or a bunch of keys regarding the covidcovidcovid hysteria season??

The obvious answer is that only you touch the keys.
No need to disinfect keys for them or you.

the maoster:
Good question DD, and one I asked myself last week when I asked for the shower key at Sutton Scotney; she handed me it in a plastic bag, I then took the key out, used the shower, put key back in the same bag and handed it back to her. My raised eyebrows and cynical smile didn’t sink in to the poor lass obviously.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they dont touch the keys and the both of you touch the bag…no difference or point in putting them into it in the first place.

but it would say somewhere.due to covid hysteria.rules,blablabla.health and safety…
logic and rules do not interact.
similar to some on here,you cant educate pork…none so blind ect… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

the maoster:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they dont touch the keys and the both of you touch the bag…no difference or point in putting them into it in the first place.

but it would say somewhere.due to covid hysteria.rules,blablabla.health and safety…
logic and rules do not interact.
similar to some on here,you cant educate pork…none so blind ect… :slight_smile:

Just throw away the plastic bag, and use your untouched keys, that don’t need boiling in bleach.

You’re missing the point. It’s not about best practice, it’s about the inanity of certain procedures.

the maoster:
You’re missing the point. It’s not about best practice, it’s about the inanity of certain procedures.

I guess you’re right: I must be missing summat.
I don’t see any problems in putting keys in plastic bags. No one touches keys except me.
Making an act out of it, reminds all parties to wash hands etc.
Making a big scene does serve a purpose: here we are thinking about, and discussing hygienic practises.

The bag was brand new .the girl was wearing heavy duty plastic gloves . She held bag open I droped keys in.
When done she placed bag on desk .I had gloves on tiped keys out and bined the bag

edd1974:
The bag was brand new .the girl was wearing heavy duty plastic gloves . She held bag open I droped keys in.
When done she placed bag on desk .I had gloves on tiped keys out and bined the bag

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what happens if you need to pick your nose and dispose of the bogey under the steering wheel before the end of your shift then?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: