Handing in Keys

…I know this will be familiar to most, but it is not to me.
I will probably delivering to RDC`s this coming week that take your keys.
I have always avoided this in the past by my cunning guile, but I see no option this coming week.
So…How are you to operate the radio, windos, heater etc. in your truck whilst you are being unloaded?

I dont really have the option of waiting in the drivers rest room etc. as I dont/can`t tolerate other humans for any period of time…So how do I keep comfortable in my unit?

I feel this is actually against my human rights, to expose me to such discomforts, whilst at the same time treating me like an idiot who is not capable of any measure of responsibility.

What do other socio/psychopaths do?

get on with it then moan about it online. not much you can do so just bite the bullet

before you pull in to the death camp (sorry, RDC), take your ignition key off the key ring…

Im lucky that in my scania the radio and 12/24 volt sockets work even without the keys so its no problem to me, however when i had a volvo for a week i found that when you take the keys out the radio will work for a while then go off and won’t turn back on until you have the keys in. So it depends on the truck you have.

Find out b4 you go in what bits on your unit work without no ignition key, as for sitting in the cab you might not be allowed because some places are quite strict on it and some not. We got M.A.N units and all still works with no key.

Just carry a spare or hand in your car keys.

pavaroti:
Just carry a spare or hand in your car keys.

give em your fuel cap key, they are so thick they wont tell the difference.

and if you go to aldi or lidl. you’ll be in the back tipping so take a mp3 player and headphones :grimacing: . but you do get to keep your keys at some :unamused:

jonboy

Just don’t lock your door that’s what I’ve done in the pass its simples . :wink:

Ah yes the old human rights angle. Like not being able to open your window or turn on your radio is against your human rights.

My attitude is, if I’m on the back of the trailer, or in a waiting room, then I’m NOT handing over the key that opens the cab containing MY property to some monkey that I don’t know or trust…

The way forward is to do have what we’ve got at our place and that’s wheel locks that clamp your trailer wheel tight and you ain’t going anywhere then.

The Sarge:
before you pull in to the death camp (sorry, RDC), take your ignition key off the key ring…

That’s what i do :wink:

The Sarge:
My attitude is, if I’m on the back of the trailer, or in a waiting room, then I’m NOT handing over the key that opens the cab containing MY property to some monkey that I don’t know or trust…

Fair enough if you’re in the back ( lidl, Aldi ) then no they don’t get my keys, but if I’m in a waiting room then really its a case of no keys no tip.

Then I refer you back to my earlier post - I take the ignition key off…

switchlogic:
Ah yes the old human rights angle. Like not being able to open your window or turn on your radio is against your human rights.

Even if it was against his human rights, human rights are only enforceable/applicable to how government/public bodies should treat you ad not individuals or companies !!
Anyway, for the OP, crack your window a few inches beofre giving the keys in ad get your newspaper and get on the bunk. WHat else is there to do?

on the rare occasion that i go somewhere that require my keys while tipping or having a shower say in a services i give them my car keys :bulb: seeing as its miles away they probably won’t be able to steal it :smiley:
if you have the same truck all the time get a spare cut and use it for the occasions where anything is better than sitting in a waiting room with gods gift to driving sat there boring all with his greatness :laughing: :laughing:

And what about my earlier post of don’t lock the door, but saying that I only carry day kit as its rare for me to do a night out .

welshboyinspain:
on the rare occasion that i go somewhere that require my keys while tipping or having a shower say in a services i give them my car keys :bulb: seeing as its miles away they probably won’t be able to steal it :smiley:
if you have the same truck all the time get a spare cut and use it for the occasions where anything is better than sitting in a waiting room with gods gift to driving sat there boring all with his greatness :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, so you have met me then? :smiley: