hallucinating.

this should be interesting. I was speaking with one of my workmates last week and the conversation got round to working every hour God sent on the continent about 20 years ago. He said it took him about a year for his body clock to adjust, and that he went through the hallucinating bit for a lot of that time. Just pushing and pushing to get the job done and not getting enough sleep.
Now the interesting thing was he told me that there were 2 main things he “SAW”, and that other drivers he spoke to about it at the time said they saw the same things. I’m going to let this thread run for a few weeks, and If you have experienced it, let me know what you thought was there and I will tell you the 2 things he told me he saw the most.

jimmy m:
I’m going to let this thread run for a few weeks

That’s very kind of you Jimmy, although a tad optimistic I think.

Elephants and giant badgers are the things he spied the most?

youtu.be/ZSNyiSetZ8Y

I thought i saw a dog one night and i know i saw a bright white light, just for a monent but it was there. Thats back when recovery wasnt tachoed

okay cheers for that lads. that film was good.

ha ha! smashedcrabface.no neither of them!!! But I’d best not say more because If I don’t say a NO then everyone will know what they are!! so no more yeses or no-no’s. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But mate reckons a lot of folk agreed with him when he mentioned what he’d seen. I’ve never experienced it so I can’t comment. I just thought it was interesting. :question: :question: :question:

Roadworks. I’ve changed lanes for non existent roadworks before now

switchlogic:

This^

Low bridges on the autoroutes!

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

This^

This ^ again, and also tractors on the motorway and an old favourite was a horse and cart on the A66 :open_mouth:

hitchhikers

I also saw Moomin Papa once, in a boat, with Moomin Mama. May have had more to do with the mushrooms than tiredness though that one.

did nobody think of this when reading this?..

when you’ve been on the road far too long, the ‘Black Dog’ comes for you :laughing:

When i used to do some taxi work years ago, i picked up a doctor from Harley street and took him to Oxford. At that time there was some advert with a giant hedgehog crushing cars, and as we went up the M40, a flat bed went the other way with this hedgehog on the trailer. The doctor, who was nodding off didn’t see it, when I said about it, he just gave me a funny look.
when we got to Oxford, it was about the time that the summer parties take place for all the Grads, and on the High St, we were passed by a man driving a jeep dressed as a giant banana. Again the doctor was nodding off and missed it, giving me another funny look. After I got back to the yard, i found out that the ~Doctor was a leading Psychiatrist! :confused: :open_mouth: :confused:
So, my nomination is a large black panther type cat, and a UFO :laughing:

A bit like when I was driving into Cambridge early one morning in June a couple of years ago. I suddenly became aware that everyone around was wearing full evening dress - I thought I had driven into a film set or something - fit young girls in ball gowns and blokes in penguin suits.

Took a while before I realised it was the morning after the May balls…:slight_smile:

elephant every time ,always in middle lane… :blush:

Santa:
A bit like when I was driving into Cambridge early one morning in June a couple of years ago. I suddenly became aware that everyone around was wearing full evening dress - I thought I had driven into a film set or something - fit young girls in ball gowns and blokes in penguin suits.

Took a while before I realised it was the morning after the May balls…:slight_smile:

I had that in brighton,at End of ship street.it was stoormy and the Girls had there Skirt around the Neck waving,with not much on underneeth.
Don’t worry.I didn’t look.Just sah it in the corner of my Eyes :wink:

its none existant traffic lights for me , a few months back coming back down a country lane nr spalding at 4am ish, id been feeling rough and hadnt had much kip during the day and driving back down a lane after dropping a generator at afarm in the middle of the nowhere, i saw the lights go from amber to red in an instant so stopped the wagon rather sharpish and then sat there a minute waitng for them to change when i realised that the lights wasnt really there :blush: so found the next entrance to a field pulled in and had some kip

In the past I was certain I had run over a deer even felt it but after stopping there was nothing there! Other times I have been certain that cars have been turning on to the motorway from the fields at the side of it and have slowed down to let them in!!!

I have seen imaginary deer and cyclists, and I only ever hallucinated when it was dark. I always thought it was the lights catching the cats eyes that made me imagine things like bike lamps etc. Is it possible to hallucinate in day light?