Halfords cool box

Has anybody used or using a Halfords cool box??

They say it’s goes 16 below ambient and all the reviews on website say it goes really cool…

Are they good…comments please

Don’t waste your money, they are crap.If you are tramping then get yourself a proper one thermostatically controlled. Might cost a bit more but will last longer than halfords

I got one of these free postage last week and its very quiet and gets rather chilly :sunglasses:
force4.co.uk/4559/Waeco-26-L … olbox.html

£40, does me for occasional nights out and cool chocolate and soft drinks as well as my butties and chicken lol

peter s:
Don’t waste your money, they are crap.If you are tramping then get yourself a proper one thermostatically controlled. Might cost a bit more but will last longer than halfords

How much are those type??

Any others with experience of halfords coolbox??

Not Halfords, but I bought an Aldi one yesterday. Few pence shy of £40, 30 litre, 12 volt and runs off mains too. Apparently it cools to 18 degrees below ambient. It’s extremely quiet and although it’s early days it has kept the stuff err cool today (and it’s been a hot day up here in Yorkshire). There’s also a 3 year parts and labour guarantee, but the bit that impressed me was that it’s actually manufactured by Waeco!

Now lets see if the truck starts in the morning. :blush:

pm me, im selling one.changed jobs , it is a good bit of kit .

gurj254:

peter s:

How much are those type??

It was about £100 15yrs ago and still going though I don’t use it as lorry has a fridge. You need one with a thermostat that will switch itself on and off

the maoster:
Not Halfords, but I bought an Aldi one yesterday. Few pence shy of £40, 30 litre, 12 volt and runs off mains too. Apparently it cools to 18 degrees below ambient. It’s extremely quiet and although it’s early days it has kept the stuff err cool today (and it’s been a hot day up here in Yorkshire). There’s also a 3 year parts and labour guarantee, but the bit that impressed me was that it’s actually manufactured by Waeco!

Now lets see if the truck starts in the morning. :blush:

That’s good…cool mean fridge cool or just a chill??

My bottle of water had bits of ice in it!

I brought a Halfords cool box last year, ran it from MK to Hull & it didn’t seem to get cool (let alone 16 degrees below ambient) about 3 & a half hours, so I took it into Halfords, Hull & they changed it, plugged the new one in & it started smoking (I hadn’t even given it a ■■■ !) next thing I knew it just died, so they had it back & I got my money back.
I hav’nt bothered since because I only night out once or twice a week & I can cool my Cider on the Air Con at my bosses expense. Lol.

Sounds like Moasters Aldi Cool Box is upto the job, but they only come on sale at certain times.

I’ve a 24l halfords box and it’s spot on for me, even turned my milk into a slush puppy :slight_smile:
I plug it in on Monday and unplug it Friday night no problems starting up etc and that includes chargin phone and watching tv

I bought a 29 litre mobicool , from a company called towsure , it was about £80 I think ,
The good thing about it is it runs on 12v. And 240v so ran it off my inverter stayed on mon -fri 24 hours , it had Eco mode so ran with a quiet humm all night .
I did have a cheap £30 one previously was 12v only and plugged it into 24 v socket by mistake cue a very fast running fan and smoke shortly after :blush: :grimacing:

Young_AL:
I’ve a 24l halfords box and it’s spot on for me, even turned my milk into a slush puppy :slight_smile:
I plug it in on Monday and unplug it Friday night no problems starting up etc and that includes chargin phone and watching tv

what make is your coolbox :question:
if it can start your wagon, charge your phone, and you can watch tv on it too I want one

I have the big fridge/coolbox from hellfrauds and i havent had any problems with it. Keeps.thongs cool all day and then it is turned off at night and it is still.cool.in the morning. Condensation inside can be a bugger though!!

jmc:
I have the big fridge/coolbox from hellfrauds and i havent had any problems with it. Keeps.thongs cool all day and then it is turned off at night and it is still.cool.in the morning. Condensation inside can be a bugger though!!

You get Condensation in your thong… :open_mouth:

I just bought a 30l one from Aldi, plugged it in for half an hr and it was cold. Plugged it in at home with a bottle of coke in it and it was ice cold by morning.

Sounds ok then. …will pop in and pick one up later…

How long do these take to cool down on a warm day like this?

Had it out of box for 2 hours and it’s chilled outer edges slightly…

gurj254:
How long do these take to cool down on a warm day like this?

Had it out of box for 2 hours and it’s chilled outer edges slightly…

It aint the edges that count mate, it’s the air temperature that’s important as that is what cools the contents. Running it empty is pointless, put some drinks in and see. Mine cools drinks to bloody cold within an hour.