Halfords cool box

the maoster:

gurj254:
How long do these take to cool down on a warm day like this?

Had it out of box for 2 hours and it’s chilled outer edges slightly…

It aint the edges that count mate, it’s the air temperature that’s important as that is what cools the contents. Running it empty is pointless, put some drinks in and see. Mine cools drinks to bloody cold within an hour.

I had drinks in. It weren’t working. Just been back to halfords and returned…:neutral_face:

Ah, say no more. Halfrauds! You should’ve got the Aldi one.

don’t remember where I got mine 12v though cost me £30 I think it might have been Asda but it was years ago .
would use it tramping had a pack of butter in it along with the usual fridge stuff bacon sausages cans etc trick is to allow the air to flow round the products your chilling so by packing it tightly wont work much the same as your fridge trailer it needs air flow …

Last year I bought a adapter to plug it into the mains so when we gets the warm weather I can fill it with cold drinks :wink: :wink: :wink: and keep it handy so I don’t need to keep going to the kitchen :slight_smile:

the maoster:
Ah, say no more. Halfrauds! You should’ve got the Aldi one.

I got it now. …lol

never had a problem with halfords, even get both cars serviced etc there. :slight_smile:

When my Engel fridge gave up the ghost about ten years ago I spent £20 on a 24ltr Halfords
coolbox which I use constantly week in week out and it’s still going strong. Clean the vents out weekly and it’ll keep everything as cool as I wish and freezes my milk in the winter if I forget to turn it off overnight.

Drift:

jmc:
I have the big fridge/coolbox from hellfrauds and i havent had any problems with it. Keeps.thongs cool all day and then it is turned off at night and it is still.cool.in the morning. Condensation inside can be a bugger though!!

You get Condensation in your thong… :open_mouth:

Fat fingers and tiny buttons on the telephone, always leads to other peoples amusement!

Got one from aldi last sat £40 is brilliant cans and water lovely and cool plus cooked meats aswell. As other peeps said 3 year manufacs gtee plus made by waeco also get 240v lead and 12v lead cant go wrong at that price.