Had the usual bank holiday work phone call!

Must be a bank holiday!
My traffic op phones me this morning and asked if I worked last Sunday to which I replied no , so he then asks me can I work tomorrow ? To which he got same awnser NO !
FFS don’t they think you’ve got nothing better todo on a Saturday especially a a bank holiday one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what agency are for

You just think only on yourself. (In that trouble the Office is now)

Immigrant:
You just think only on yourself. (In that trouble the Office is now)

Do what ! I work 5 days a week

blue estate:
Must be a bank holiday!
My traffic op phones me this morning and asked if I worked last Sunday to which I replied no , so he then asks me can I work tomorrow ? To which he got same awnser NO !
FFS don’t they think you’ve got nothing better todo on a Saturday especially a a bank holiday one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What difference does it make Saturday or Bank Holiday,as long as you are asked in a civil polite manner,all you have to say is sorry m8 I cant help you out at weekends or Bank Holidays they are covered with Family time. He more than likely has no idea what you do,or that you dont wish to work on a Saturdays or Bank Holidays.
Not all Drivers are so fortunate as to be able to turn extra work down,they may have different circumstances to you and need a bit of extra cash and would jump at the chance to earn more.

If I wasn’t off on sick I’d be in,love the bank holiday working…double time for sitting in traffic as opposed to not getting paid and still sitting in it,what’s not to like?!

xichrisxi:
If I wasn’t off on sick I’d be in,love the bank holiday working…double time for sitting in traffic as opposed to not getting paid and still sitting in it,what’s not to like?!

I’m already paid for Monday :wink: it’s my Saturday I don’t want to give up and the fact I was asked on a Friday

Your lucky ours don’t even ask , txt recieved 16.40 today , on Monday go with a flat to ------- and pick up a load of pallets for 3 drops in Bradford ( I work tues- sat :unamused: )
P.s not a zb chance :exclamation:

I finished Friday lunchtime. Can go in Monday if I want. If not start when I want on Tuesday morning.

dozy:
Your lucky ours don’t even ask , txt recieved 16.40 today , on Monday go with a flat to ------- and pick up a load of pallets for 3 drops in Bradford ( I work tues- sat :unamused: )

So what are you going to do mate?
Have you told them no, or you just going to be a no show?
Is this still ES, or a new firm seeing if you’re reemable? :wink:

My gaffer said to take the van home if I want. EFF THAT! That means I would be on call this weekend. Nope! :smiley:

I too had the usual bank holiday phone call.

“Thanks for your efforts this week, enjoy your weekend, see you usual time on Tuesday.”

:laughing:

dozy:

Do you still use the green lube?

Dropped my unit in for service yesterday afternoon, picking it up on Tuesday morning. About 7ish. None of this stupid o’clock starting either.

You took the job. Either put up or shut up. Grow a pair or find a new job. I’d suggest night security guard.

Although it’s in my contract to work bank holidays (for extra money) I have always made it clear to them that I would rather not do it and to put me at the bottom of the list. There are always drivers ahead of me on that list who want/need the extra money and are happy to do it. There’s not that much extra money in it for me anyway, as I give nearly 50% of any overtime straight to the taxman…

Our lot put a list out a week or so before Bank holidays anyway, asking drivers to indicate their preference for working (or not) so they know what they’ve got to work with.

6am tip in Leeds Tuesday morning. Happy days!

Evil8Beezle:

dozy:

He’s going to be there and then moan like hell on here about working a BH Monday.

dozy:

To right if your hours are tues to sat and they don’t even have the balls to phone you and ask then Sunday night switch phone off and don’t turn on till Tuesday morning

Before finishing my shift friday morning, I ask the boss “Do you want me in tonight on overtime?”

“No” was the firm reply.

Fast forward to tea time - get called in. Can’t do it though, 'cos I’ve had no sleep. I was cleared for the weekend, hence why I always make sure before going home on my last shift of the week.

My message to management everywhere - Remember the six P’s.

“Proper Planning Prevents ■■■■ Poor Performance.”

With proper, well-thought-out plans - anything can be done at any time. :frowning:

Winseer:
Before finishing my shift friday morning, I ask the boss “Do you want me in tonight on overtime?”

“No” was the firm reply.

Fast forward to tea time - get called in. Can’t do it though, 'cos I’ve had no sleep. I was cleared for the weekend, hence why I always make sure before going home on my last shift of the week.

My message to management everywhere - Remember the six P’s.

“Proper Planning Prevents ■■■■ Poor Performance.”

With proper, well-thought-out plans - anything can be done at any time. :frowning:

You asked the question and got the weekend pass approval reply so their fault ! if they told you no but keep phone on we may need you that’s different :wink:

DadsRetired:

Evil8Beezle:

dozy:

He’s going to be there and then moan like hell on here about working a BH Monday.

according too the planner who sent the text it was simply him getting his mon/ tues mixed up , as I’m being told I’m doing the same job , 3 drops in Bradford on tues you’ve too believe him .
And
1 I told them I wasn’t doing any o/t when tramping and haven’t
2 I’m getting letters about poa again as I’m way over 48 hrs average , saying I’ve got to get it down , so a extra shift isn’t going too help is it .
3 I’ve done 70 1/2 hrs this week again and that’s enough for me ( 30 hrs too much too be honest )
4 I don’t need the money ,
5 and this is the most important thing , I want too see my girl , we rarely see each other as her being a nurse she does nights , long days , weekends etc etc , me away all week , so sun / mon I’m spending time with her , catching up , making sure she’s ok , and just generally doing what dads should be doing
.so in summing up , no chance , pick up the phone and get agency in .
Oh yes and then there’s the Mrs , if I told her I was working Monday , I’d hate too think :exclamation: :exclamation: