Had my first Artic crash!

Did a major school boy error this morning in a customers yard [emoji45]drove straight in to metal stillage and cracked number plate and pushed the step in below windscreen [emoji49]
Yet the day before I was driving around tight streets and building site in central London [emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

blue estate:
Did a major school boy error this morning in a customers yard [emoji45]drove straight in to metal stillage and cracked number plate and pushed the step in below windscreen [emoji49]
Yet the day before I was driving around tight streets and building site in central London [emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

FFS :unamused: Should have stayed in the van mate, :laughing: :wink:

eagerbeaver:

blue estate:

FFS :unamused: Should have stayed in the van mate, :laughing: :wink:

It’s been 2 months since I passed so it had to happen some when [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Fitter has got all replacement parts already just waiting for me to get back tomorrow afternoon

someone will be along shortly to inform you that since you have a defective number late,then you should have immediately found a safe parking space,then called out a fitter with a new plate or at least a recovery truck whilst you put it on other work till it reaches you,then book into a hotel to take your 11 hours off…
if youve done 2 month without a ding,then thats her christened now.dont sweat it. :slight_smile:
you might have been sneaky and said the skip lorry reveres into you and scarpered when you were in the chippy?

dieseldog999:
someone will be along shortly to inform you that since you have a defective number late,then you should have immediately found a safe parking space,then called out a fitter with a new plate or at least a recovery truck whilst you put it on other work till it reaches you,then book into a hotel to take your 11 hours off…
if youve done 2 month without a ding,then thats her christened now.dont sweat it. :slight_smile:
you might have been sneaky and said the skip lorry reveres into you and scarpered when you were in the chippy?

Thanks , all i did was phone office and fitter , sent fitter pictures and craked on with my day and tapped number plate up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which is what any normal person would do…how sad is it that someone else would suggest the alternative that wouldnt be out of place with the holy moly duddly doo goods in here… :slight_smile:

blue estate:

dieseldog999:

Thanks , all i did was phone office and fitter , sent fitter pictures and craked on with my day and tapped number plate up

Schoolboy error mate :neutral_face:

ALWAYS blame a limper :wink:

Put it down to experience mate. No doubt next time you’re in a tight yard/scenario you’ll pay more attention.
It’s how we learn.

:unamused: :unamused:
Should immediately lose licence and have at least 1 year behind bars.

Some firms wouldn’t even call that damage.
Done a day at agency once at a building place got given a horrible old merc rigid curtains torn and dented to hell seemed the entire truck was held together with duct tape and spit. Tried to drive it but it wouldn’t go in reverse at all. Informed the guy in charge and he said ye I know thats why your doing a run where you don’t have to reverse…

adam277:
:roll: :unamused:
Should immediately lose licence and have at least 1 year behind bars.

Some firms wouldn’t even call that damage.
Done a day at agency once at a building place got given a horrible old merc rigid curtains torn and dented to hell seemed the entire truck was held together with duct tape and spit. Tried to drive it but it wouldn’t go in reverse at all. Informed the guy in charge and he said ye I know thats why your doing a run where you don’t have to reverse…

I do hope you didn’t do it

dieseldog999:

Well thats my favourite excuse well and truly knackered now then :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Wouldn’t worry too much mate, ■■■■ happens.

Don’t want to rub the salt in btw… but they usually come in threes. :smiley:

Thats not a crash just a mishap.

blue estate:
It’s been 2 months since I passed so it had to happen some when [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Actually no, it didn’t have to happen, EVER.

dieseldog999:
which is what any normal person would do…how sad is it that someone else would suggest the alternative that wouldnt be out of place with the holy moly duddly doo goods in here… :slight_smile:

Think my lot would expect me to park up until someone came to me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

dieseldog999:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To do what exactly ■■ :neutral_face:

Vid:

blue estate:

And as if by magic theoretical world collides with real world.

dieseldog999:

Except it didn’t happen other than in your imagination of course…

Perhaps it’s because you scared them all off with your big burly no nonsense “I’m a real trucker” attitude…

Not the hero we asked for but the one we got nonetheless. :stuck_out_tongue:

IronEddie:

There’s a world of difference between a clueless driver not being able to think or help him/herself out of a situation and a driver just adhering to company policy, my firm won’t let us change bulbs day or night we have to call out a fitter. I’ve carried and changed bulbs my whole driving career (even going back to transit van parcel deliveries) just because I don’t do them myself now doesn’t mean I no longer know how or have softened or grown any less intelligent.

The world is not as “black and white” as some of the members of this forum would have you believe.

the maoster:

Vid:

blue estate:

And as if by magic theoretical world collides with real world.

Yep ! It shouldn’t of happened but did happen but all fluffy animals were safe and unharmed

Colin_scottish:
Thats not a crash just a mishap.