Had my first Artic crash!

Just expanding on what Reef says about company rules…

My current lot are ok as they’ve not been infested by ridiculous health and safety rules YET…

But my old lot wouldn’t even allow a driver to fill up with coolant. If it was low you had to find a fitter to come and do it for you. This was because some idiot decided to pop the cap off the expansion tank whilst having his face right next to it when the engine was hot and he got scolded :unamused:

Likewise the pressure washer had to be padlocked and could only be used by trained personnel because one day an idiot decided to wash another idiots face with it and lacerated his eye kid as a result. Which was lucky in fairness.

But now I’m touching on why I hate H&S so much which is purely because they are rules designed to stop idiots from hurting themselves when in actual fact a little common sense would be the best remedy of all…

blue estate:

dieseldog999:
someone will be along shortly to inform you that since you have a defective number late,then you should have immediately found a safe parking space,then called out a fitter with a new plate or at least a recovery truck whilst you put it on other work till it reaches you,then book into a hotel to take your 11 hours off…
if youve done 2 month without a ding,then thats her christened now.dont sweat it. :slight_smile:
you might have been sneaky and said the skip lorry reveres into you and scarpered when you were in the chippy?

Thanks , all i did was phone office and fitter , sent fitter pictures and craked on with my day and tapped number plate up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At our place it would have been “fill out accident/ incident report”. Then an investigation. Then, an hour out on the road with in house driving assessor.
Then an invitation to discuss at a later date how to prevent it from ever happening again and how we can learn from it!

Butcher:

blue estate:

dieseldog999:
someone will be along shortly to inform you that since you have a defective number late,then you should have immediately found a safe parking space,then called out a fitter with a new plate or at least a recovery truck whilst you put it on other work till it reaches you,then book into a hotel to take your 11 hours off…
if youve done 2 month without a ding,then thats her christened now.dont sweat it. :slight_smile:
you might have been sneaky and said the skip lorry reveres into you and scarpered when you were in the chippy?

Thanks , all i did was phone office and fitter , sent fitter pictures and craked on with my day and tapped number plate up

At our place it would have been “fill out accident/ incident report”. Then an investigation. Then, an hour out on the road with in house driving assessor.
Then an invitation to discuss at a later date how to prevent it from ever happening again and how we can learn from it!

I’ve got Accident form to fill in , but no investigation just ribbing from other drivers

Oh forgot to say I’ve been relegated to an 09 MAN TGX for Monday and Tuesday while the fitter puts new panels on the front
It also means unless my day goes Pete Tong no nights out :frowning: as the truck is used at night to go to pallet ways at Greenford

Was that you in Basingstoke this morbing

Dazeruk:

Nope been in Cable place at Eastleigh all morning

blue estate:

Dazeruk:

Fair play see a Merc this morning thought may have been yourself

Dazeruk:

blue estate:

Dazeruk:

Fair play see a Merc this morning thought may have been yourself

We’ve got 6 artic and 2 rigids with same cab

blue estate:
Oh forgot to say I’ve been relegated to an 09 MAN TGX for Monday and Tuesday while the fitter puts new panels on the front

BLOODY HELL. It wasn’t bad enough to warrant that. Could’ve been worse I suppose, it could have been a Scanny. :wink: