H&S site rules

It must be at the stage now where the H&S Nazis are running out of pedantic rules to make up, you know the ones… those which have no other purpose than to justify their existence, so they can be seen to be doing something, and at the same time succeed in severely ■■■■■■■ everybody off, rules like wear safety boots… but no riggers, chinstraps on hats, and no orange hi-viz… green only :unamused: The latest one is at Asda Grangemouth, All hi-viz vests must be fully fastened…or you will be executed… OK I lied about the last part of that and somebody is going to come back with a reason for these examples, but does the real world and common sense really not apply anymore??

Asda Chepstow the same not sure it’s enforced as the zip is broken on mine and was tipped ok

Lafarge (concrete) winnipeg …gloves must be worn at all times in yard,.ehh i only stopped to pick up an envelope for my gaffer…

In one old company had to wear boots in the yard even if parked 15 ft from the office and popping in to get your CMR.

years ago i had a H&S hitler asking me where my hard hat was whilst sat on a Hiab offloading blocks. Told him I’m 150 mtrs from any work and anything big enough to mnake over here my hat will do jack. I then offered to test how good is hat was with the pack of blocks in the grab at the time :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

taffytrucker:
with the pack of blokes in the grab at the time :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

well that has got to be against h s site rules :smiley:

green456:

taffytrucker:
with the pack of blokes in the grab at the time :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

well that has got to be against h s site rules :smiley:

typing to fast lol sorted now :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

At Norberts in Goole we collect empty pallets loaded 20 high on flat trailers, I was asked did I have safety glasses, no says me but I’ve got a hard hat, oh you don’t need a hat just glasses. So you can get your head caved in but your eyes will be ok

mutley:
At Norberts in Goole we collect empty pallets loaded 20 high on flat trailers, I was asked did I have safety glasses, no says me but I’ve got a hard hat, oh you don’t need a hat just glasses. So you can get your head caved in but your eyes will be ok

Got a stacker on my foot once, went to the office to report it, first thing the H&S guy asked me was “Were you wearing a hard hat” :open_mouth: I kid you not. :unamused: Later found out that if I had put a claim in for my foot it would be void if not wearing hat…Eh?

Lafarge Cement tanker driver was telling me and our mixer drivers that someone told him he should use a safety harness when cleaning his mirrors.
Flashing beacons in quarries; Should someone really be operating plant if they can only see you if you have a little flashing light going?
And why are rotating beacons banned now? Much better than what we have now.
Safety glasses when tipping aggregate and Cemex; I’ve never seen dust blow from our sharp sand! :laughing:

Tescos Hinckley and maybe Fradley, drivers must wear seatbelts at all times whilst in the yard , speed limit 10mph and spot checks are being carried out. this is for tesco and agency drivers.

Tarmac h&s, I won`t be alive long enough to type all the b/s down.

Scottish and Southern Energy give out “challenges” which you must accept if someone “challenges” you for something silly.

One of the chemical plants we goto have a good few, speed limit of 10mph, seat belt on at all times as well as always wearing safety glasses, even when driving.

Strange this but in the last 5 weeks of running to Italy and back I’ve worn my Hi Viz once… in the UK.

Sent from somewhere… Not sure where exactly but I’m probably only a bit lost :slight_smile:

robroy:

mutley:

Got a stacker on my foot once, went to the office to report it, first thing the H&S guy asked me was “Were you wearing a hard hat” :open_mouth: I kid you not. :unamused: Later found out that if I had put a claim in for my foot it would be void if not wearing hat…Eh?

No it wouldn’t.

Sainsburys at Emerson green ( bristol )…all truck doors must be locked, and the windows wound right up ( and the vehicles are checked ) happened to me recently and the checker told me the door must be locked, as i was hanging my keys up, so i asked him why, he said he didnt know, and he didnt make the rules, just done the checking…when will these supermarkets have their reigns pulled in, after all this ■■■■■■■■, we still have to sit in a room thats in the chiller.

I got told that i couldnt wear my rigger boots for a trailer changeover…i dont load nothing, i never get in the back of the trailer…al i do is get in the truck take it to its destination, drop it then pick up another and return to base.

apparently they dont give ankle support…well neither do safety shoes and if a trailer falls on me ankle support isnt really gonna help me. i drive in my trainers anyway

Never mind, it won’t be long before the lunatics have us wearing these in our padded cabs so we can’t harm ourselves, the Hi Viz version of course :neutral_face:

44 Tonne Ton:

robroy:

No it wouldn’t.

OK I’ll re-phrase it, They later told me etc etc… but yeh, you’re right, it still wouldn’t.

andi_cardiff:
One of the chemical plants we goto have a good few, speed limit of 10mph, seat belt on at all times as well as always wearing safety glasses, even when driving.

This has just made me remember a chemical plant we used to go to in Ellesmere Port, who would not let you in if you were not clean shaven. Supposedly you wouldnt be able to get a good seal if the alarms went off and you had to put breathing apparatus on, the fact we didnt carry any didn`t matter.