H&R Trans

Hi All, I am off to Canada 4 Jan is there anyone else going over and anyone who works for H&R give me any tips and advice on them, if anybody is going then please contact me on issanthai001@yahoo.co.uk and I will give phone No for a chat, happy trails all. :smiley:

i hope to see you in the sandman hotel in lethbridge.when you get there go straight to the bar and get the gossip,hans will put you straight mate,dont be affraid to ask questions,you will be wellcomed very warm,everything will be as you were told at the interview,the hotel is nice,dennys food is acceptable and its for free h&r pay for most of it,but when you are through the training be ready to work,these fellas over here think 60 mph is a nice sunday afternoon drive.

Might pay you to ask why martin has returned to the U.K !

Hard work…■■ :laughing:

only saw him twice,then there he was gone,he may have seen the light,

NO not hard work ,he was never one to shy from that ,from what hes told me it was the money,and not being in with the right group of drivers to get the better work ,funny how things never change what ever part of the world your in !.Hopefully iam trying to get him to post his experinces on here .

I heard a scary story yesterday that Selwyn. Mr Blobby is recruiting drivers for Canada.

anyone who knows who I mean will realise why that is a scary prospect :stuck_out_tongue:

andy c You are probably right. ‘The right group of drivers ?’ I have been told that there are a few Dutch lads over there but it would be too early to say that they are controlling the trips ■■?

the dutch are not controling the trips,nor will they ever do,but they do tell the dispatchers what they can do with some of there trips,one thing about the dutch most of them are straight in the bosses face and tell him what it is,
they get the same crap as any body else,and believe me they get it.
please dont forget the canadians they pull most of the strings round here.

one thing about working in canada there is no easy money,non at all,its a totally different job to working in the uk or europe,anybody who thinks that coming over here is going to be easier than the uk is in for a right shock,but on the other hand every where one goes to pickup or tip the people there are allways allways happy to see you and get you on your way one way or another as quick as possible.i could go on all daytrying to explain what it is over here,its no party its all work.

have a nice day harry ■■?

the dutch are not controling the trips,nor will they ever do,but they do tell the dispatchers what they can do with some of there trips,one thing about the dutch most of them are straight in the bosses face and tell him what it is,
they get the same crap as any body else,and believe me they get it.
please dont forget the canadians they pull most of the strings round here.

one thing about working in canada there is no easy money,non at all,its a totally different job to working in the uk or europe,anybody who thinks that coming over here is going to be easier than the uk is in for a right shock,but on the other hand every where one goes to pickup or tip the people there are allways allways happy to see you and get you on your way one way or another as quick as possible.i could go on all daytrying to explain what it is over here,its no party its all work.

have a nice day harry ■■?

I know that H&R are a big player, and expect drivers to work hard. Working hard is not unique to just one company. I have to tell you all, that when you work in Canada, you’ll have to work hard, and if you cross any of the dispatch staff you’ll find yourself working much harder.

The driving I dod in Alberta was with hauking liquid bulk. One dispatcher liked me because I never complained and took any load at anytime. Another dispatcher favoured another driver at my expense. I went a couple of days without any work and the other days just half days. I wend through the log books, tallied up my hours to those of the other driver’s, and in one week the other driver had twice as many hours as me. Went into the office and asked Harvey if he was playing favourites. He said no and that he spreads the work evenly. Keep in mind that I’m down about $1,000 in loss income. So, I showed him the hours of the other driver, and he had nothing to say.

It’s not a question if you’re Dutch, Polish or a Brit, dispatchers are known for playing favourites. I’m kind of an “in your face guy” when I see this going own, and my advise to others and to myself is to bite your tougue and try to find a better way to get better trips. Dispatchers always like guys you are always ready for extra work and don’t like complainers. I also find that if you are good with the customers, word will get back and it will help in the future.

As a side note, it takes time to get things going when you move to a new country. Keep with it and in two or three years you’ll have your own home, a better job or conditions and hopefully you’ll be happy.

Best of luck to all of you and a very happy new year!

harry:
andy c You are probably right. ‘The right group of drivers ?’ I have been told that there are a few Dutch lads over there but it would be too early to say that they are controlling the trips ■■?

H AND R originaly started recruting in HOLLAND a few of the guys i work with had interviews over there ,then in the middle of last year one of the english guys who lived in NL moved out to CANADA started for H AND R then turned up in the UK recruting for them.

They are not a happy crowd at the moment. I think they had a meeting with the boss yesterday about the chief dispatcher ( The only one on a bonus ) putting pressure all the other dispatch clerks…& making things bad for the drivers.If it went off ,its the closest thing to a strike H+R have ever seen. Never mind,they have recruited another 60 Brits for the Spring.

That blokes name was Steve wasn’t it an english bloke who lived in Holland is that the 1 your on about ■■

scaniaman:
That blokes name was Steve wasn’t it an english bloke wh

o lived in Holland is that the 1 your on about ■■

yes thats the man

andy c:

scaniaman:

yes thats the man

That sounds like Mr Blobby :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve Whittaker

Wheel Nut:

andy c:

scaniaman:

yes thats the man

That sounds like Mr Blobby :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve Whittaker

Thats him never heard him called that before, how did he become to be called that ?

They turned up at the Expo at Sandown saying they should have had a stand there but it fell through and didn’t know what had happened !!!

So they just hung around the other companies that were there and once you had stopped talking to them they busted a rather big gut to come and chase you to say “Are you interested in trucking in Canada then?” We should have had a stall here etc etc etc…this is our brochure and were recruiting in Guildford this week do you want an interview■■? Err no thanks…and I don’t want to pay your Dutch counterpart a fortune to come over either so cheers anyway…

Name…Mr Steve Whittaker & Annette Kooistra

Now I don’t really know much about the company but I think their feeble attempt at underhand recruiting reflects onto the company and if thats one of the ways they have to recruit what does it say about the company as a whole MY Impressions were sneaky, slimmey and would NEVER trust them…very very poor in my opinion. Why not come over be big upfront have a great stand be honest encourage drivers to want to come be polite.

They did the company no end of damage in my eyes. The big shiney red brochure went straight in the bin and a company that can produce such high quality brochures can afford a stand at the Expo…or maybe they just couldn’t organise one…either way a disaster and if they can lie about something like that then what else doeis it say for the way they treat the drivers.

Any Feedback ■■?

I don’t think they were lying. They were obviously experiencing a genuine hiccup & trying to make the best of it. With Steve & Annette, regarding H+R ,what you see on the tin is what you get. The reason they chased you is that Steve can see an experienced truck driver as opposed to a trolley attendant. If you were thinking of CA ,that was an opportunity missed. :smiley:
H+R has no cash flow probs.
Seems like the story of the man that stood on London Bridge trying to give fivers away. :laughing:

harry:
I don’t think they were lying. They were obviously experiencing a genuine hiccup & trying to make the best of it. With Steve & Annette, regarding H+R ,what you see on the tin is what you get. The reason they chased you is that Steve can see an experienced truck driver as opposed to a trolley attendant. If you were thinking of CA ,that was an opportunity missed. :smiley:
H+R has no cash flow probs.
Seems like the story of the man that stood on London Bridge trying to give fivers away. :laughing:

MMMM

Makes you VERY suspicious though how such a big company can’t arrange to sort out a stand at the show though.

As for an oppertunity missed not sure about that either I think the other 180 Brit drivers they told me they have recruited are welcome to the Fivers…OR it should be $5.00 as London Bridge is infact now in the USA since we sold it to the Yanks…LOL

Cheers

PS I will be working for a smaller Company when I make the move not really keen on huge fleets don’t think you get the same unity or HR.

FYI

In 1962, London Bridge was falling down. Built in 1831, the bridge couldn’t handle the ever-increasing flow of traffic across the Thames River. The British government decided to put the bridge up for sale, and Robert McCulloch, Founder of Lake Havasu City, Arizona, and Chairman of McCulloch Oil Corporation, submitted the winning bid of $2,460,000.

:stuck_out_tongue:

And he thought that he was buying Tower Bridge… :laughing: