H R TRANS

Can anybody tell me anything about HR Trans in Alberta, they are advertising in the UK for drivers and the package seems quite good.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

hows it goin airhorn are u hoping to go out to canada iam also planning to relocate next year some of the western states havent decided yet was out there this year in manitoba hope to go out again after christmas for a month or so two start meeting up with companies and seeing a bit of the country ive heard manitoba is supposed two be a real fine place to live good luck with h.r let me know how u get on

H&R Transport or “Hit & Run Transport”, Lethbridge, Alberta as they are affectionately known as over here, :smiley: :astonished: :smiley: are produce, refrigeration runners mainly down the “central & western” corridors of the Excited States of America & also across Canada.
Mainly Kenworths & Freightliners are the trucks they use.
I personally don’t know what the rate of pay is for them, but I have spoken to a few of their drivers, & they seem quite happy. But, like everything else, “What’s good for them, might not be good for you”. :wink:
So, if you like haulin’ a “reefer”, it could be for you :smiley:
Steve :sunglasses:

Hi Steve, Why are H&R known as ‘Hit & Run’ or am I asking the obvious?? be a little clearer mate please

Geordieboy Just a question…? Do Canadian drivers get in the back & handball …? I heard that US truckers are responsible for getting the load off…?

scania 143 the king:
hows it goin airhorn are u hoping to go out to canada iam also planning to relocate next year some of the western states havent decided yet was out there this year in manitoba hope to go out again after christmas for a month or so two start meeting up with companies and seeing a bit of the country ive heard manitoba is supposed two be a real fine place to live good luck with h.r let me know how u get on

www.vrv.ca. try this link they are interviewing in manchester next month and it looks like hrtrans pay for everything to get over there and deduct it from your first 3 months pay. ie: imigration fees, they pay for flights and three weeks hotel while your training and waiting for your work permit.
There is a contact name and if you ask her she will email all the details for you.
Why I was asking is it all seems to good to be true that is why I was asking about H&R TRANS

Hi Harry, They have been known in the past for one or two indiscretions, but all in all, I havn’t really heard that many bad stories. :smiley:
I guess names stick over here, just as they would back there :smiley:
Rule of thumb over here is: “If you havn’t heard a rumour before 9am, you make up your own!” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Getting back to unloading :confused: As far as the company that I work for goes, Unloading in the States is not allowed. They claim that you are taking away the right to work, for an American. Hey, I’m not complaining, I don’t fancy jumping in the back of a 53 footer & unloading my load in 100 degree heat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: .
I do usually help out though, this speeds up time for your next pick-up. You know, 2hours is better than 4. REMEMBER!! You are on a set rate for unloading, so you get better value for your “buck”, if you do it quicker :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Unloading is also done by: “lumpers” or “swampers”, in the States & here in Canada. This is where YOU pay a group of guys to unload your truck. This usually happens at docks where "pallet jacks are used instead of a forklift. Handballing is the order of the day here :cry: :open_mouth: :smiley:
Unloading, all in all is mainly forklift. I don’t carry produce (never have, well, ice-cream, once :confused: :smiley: ) so, I couldn’t let you know how that is unloaded.
I hope this sort of answers your questions :smiley:
Keep smiling & don’t let the barstewards grind you down!!
Steve :sunglasses:

we have an interview with them but I emailed quite a few other companies @ the weekend and they’ve all said they’d give me a job, so i’ll see how we go with H&R Trans first @ the interview, then go from there

Have you got an interview with them Airhorn■■?

Just a word of advice scaniaman, read the contract in detail, & ask them questions regarding your immigration.
Total cost for each person is $1000, plus medical fees, plus Canadian criminal check, fingerprints, etc.
Make sure you are not hoodwinked!! & don’t get caught up in the moment!![/b]

Geordieboy Thanks for that. I was just curious.

Thanks Steve we’ve got a book full of questions to ask!! We could of gone with yank a few years ago but decided against good job because I’ve heard nothing but bad about them.
If we can get a good deal we might do it like cattleman all ourselves, we’ll no more after the interview :open_mouth:

scaniaman:
Have you got an interview with them Airhorn■■?

not yet still thinking and doing research, they’ll still be there so will a lot more companies want good drivers.
Anybody who as I wish them good look and hope they keep us informed
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve got my interview with H&R Trans tomorrow I’ve wrote a list of basic questions to ask them, any other suggestions? I’m not worried by the label they’ve got ‘Hit & Run’ because that is down to the individual who smashes the truck up !! As of today I have 100% accident free record. Anyone else had an interview over the last few days?

scaniaman:
I’ve got my interview with H&R Trans tomorrow I’ve wrote a list of basic questions to ask them, any other suggestions? I’m not worried by the label they’ve got ‘Hit & Run’ because that is down to the individual who smashes the truck up !! As of today I have 100% accident free record. Anyone else had an interview over the last few days?

I wouldn’t take the “Hit and Run” nickname seriously.
Don’t you Brits give nicknames to things and companies?
H
&
R

SGT is St.Germaine Transport…but it also can be
Slimy Green Trucks.

Anyways, I digress:
From highwaySTAR magazine …August 2006 edition:
Come Join The BIG RED team
Company Drivers
Single - earn .42 cents on intl miles
- paid picks/deliveries
Teams- Earn .52 cents on intl miles
- Paid picks/deliveries
All company drivers are paid weekly, benefits after 3 mths. New equipment, hourly pay, layover pay, Paid lumpers, quarterly safety bonus of $350,
Paid meat inspections.

Interview went well they offered me a job pay and conditions seem good Canada here we come!!

Good Luck Scaniaman,how long before you get out there?
Rocket :smiley:

Thanks Rocket after xmas we’re looking to go out everything should be sorted by then. Scott

scaniaman:
Interview went well they offered me a job pay and conditions seem good Canada here we come!!

Congrats! :smiley:
Good Luck in your move.

Just curios about HR …, How many miles do they expect in a month…? I have heard in the region of 10,000. Is this easy with fridge work or would you struggle to achieve this…? I used to do more than that with European fridge work ,but not using ferries & all one pick-up ,one drop. ( 50% of the time empty )