H R TRANS

Doing 3000miles in a week is easy enough when things run smootly.It’s the same old story though,delays ,delays,delays .Loading and unloading are the usual causes plus up there the odd blizzard can cost a day or two during the winter.

Unfortunately these companies promise the mileage ,it’s just not always attainable.

I think on mileage pay a better option is a dedicated run where you can figure out the best way to work the run. You will also be able to see how the company performs for you before going off tramping for them.

Yeah, it makes sense. My next door neighbours father was a Canadian trucker all his life & she told me that these mileages are easily attainable out there because even in winter they really look after the roads…

Hi folks,

I was reading about the Canadian driving jobs. If you go to work for the Canadian trucking companies can you get full permanent resident status? Not just temporary or a working visa?? I’m trying to migrate to Australia at the moment but its an uphill struggle. Roughly what requirements do you need for Canada? Is the USA the same?

Mal

H&R out of Lethbridge, Ab are known as hit and run because of their many crashes.
In fact they might still be running BC plates on their eqwuipment because for a while they couldn’t get insurance in Alberta.

They are also known as Half Rate for the obvious reasons.

I guess you guys have figured out that there is no driver shortage in Canada.
The only shortage is for the companies that try to attract foreign workers because nobody in Canada is stupid enopugh to work for them.

Do the math.
Take your rate 42 cents a mile ( if you’re working for less you’re scabbing)
multiply by 13000 miles.
With the US hours of service laws it takes a busy month to do 13000 miles and I doubt very much that you’ll get those miles with most of those guys.
Half Rate will run your ■■■■ off from warehouse to warehouse.
You might want to ask them about detention pay.

Personally I question the wisdom of the Canadian government to flood the country with untrained people to do a job that others have the backbone to refuse to do.
As I said before it’s these companies that advertise for fooreign workers that have a driver shortage.
Be logical here.
In England and Europe the trucks are totally different so in short you have no experience with our equipment and in fact I think some of you will not do well.
Some of these companies that hire foreign workers have access to government subsidies so given that fact why should my tax dollars go to subsidize foreigners who come to my country to work for less.
Doesn’t seem right now does it.
:imp:

By the way handball is a game.
The word you’re looking for is handbomb or affectionately known as fingerprinting a load.

Why would you do that!!!
If you unload the trailer you’re a fool.
We have enough fools in this country as it is.
Most of them are in Ottawa allowing foreigners to take the jobs of Canadian CITIZENS. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Aye, good post RuralRhodes. Just like good old Blighty eh, folks are sick of working for £6/hr so what do we get? Poles and Lithuanian’s shipped over to work for that or less. Same thing is happening over there, except in place of the Poles and Lithuanian’s it’s the mugs from here that are going over there to work for your equivalent of peanuts.

When will they learn eh? Same thing goes on for those trying to get into Aus, NZ and Spain too. :unamused:

Someone’s making a killing selling the rose tinted glasses, that’s for sure…

I hate to be blunt about it but what I say is true.
I myself have over four million miles experience driving everything from a sow in the oilfield to my own trucks which I now do.
I personally would starve before I would work for any one of these guys.

Times are changing in the trucking industry and not for the better.
All these companies that are looking abroad for victims have already tried using Pakistanis and Polish people but they found out very quickly that they couldn’t afford the insurance with those guys around.

Most of these companies run castrated equipment and the BS from their nominds in their offices is a little much.

Here is a link to Safestat

ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/SafeSt … eN=results

Any company with a MCC number or a USDOT number which is mandatory will be listed on this site by state or province.
Once you see how the site works you will see a list of all the smaller companies that I would work for before I would work for any of those other people.
You can also see what their equipment is like.
Obviously a company with a high driver index is going to be running your ■■■■ off.
If their vehicle index is high they run junk.Stay away from them.
As with most of these clowns they run a 90 klick truck and a 90 MPH dispatch and half of them couldn’t figure which end goes down the road first if they had to.

RuralRhodes, you would get on well in England. Its full of whingeing truck drivers like yourself. It really annoys me when drivers do nothing but cry all the time. If you don’t like the job go and do something else. I have good days and bad days but its a dam sight better than being cooped up in a factory or an office!

As for people coming to your country, unless you’re a native indian your ancestors probably came from Europe, just like people are today. Its the way its always been. When your ancestors or maybe even yourself first arrived in Canada they probably started at the bottom like the rest of us. Thats the way it is. As I’ve said, unless you’re an Indian youre probably of european decent so give the rest of us a break!

Mal

That’s the typical scab reply.
Tell you what , you’ll soon find out how welcome you are.
British people are totally useless at anything.

That reply really shows your level of intelligence! You jackass!! I know many Canadians, thankfully there aren’t many like you! If you are a typical Canadian driver its no wonder the employers are looking for British drivers. You probably couldn’t drive your finger up your ■■■! :stuck_out_tongue:

i’d just like to ask rural what is a good rate to work for?? how about instead of coming on here and calling us all complete numptys why not point us in the right direction or is god forbid canada too good for us brits!

Mal:
That reply really shows your level of intelligence! You jackass!! I know many Canadians, thankfully there aren’t many like you! If you are a typical Canadian driver its no wonder the employers are looking for British drivers. You probably couldn’t drive your finger up your ■■■! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mal,
Take it easy mate, that one is close to the wind. This bloke is trying to wind us up so don’t rise to the bait and force us to take action against the wrong people.
He damns himself, no need for a response, no matter how tempting. :wink:

Spardo,

You’ve hit the nail on the head!

I agree, I just had to do it :unamused:

Mal

Don’t sweat it, Mal. He’s the first one I have heard of. There are 30 million Canadians and 99.99999 percent are the most decent people on the face of the earth.
I think he appears on another forum under a different name slagging off Americans, then comes on here doing the same to brits.
The reason that Canada has a huge shortage of drivers is that people can earn more on the oilpatch for half the hours. He is too dumb to realise that people know better.

There’s always one and rural is it.

Bob the dog just likes whistling for all his friends in the pickle parks.

I guess none of you scabs have figured out why nobody wants anything to do with you or Half Rate.
Kinda lonely sitting in that red truck when you know everybody despises you because they know you’re a scab and a wheelholder.
You people don’t really believe that these companies would hire you if they didn’t have to.
People have just really figured out that these losers are hiring you scabs.
I don’t think you’re going to be feeling too welcome. :imp:

RR has done more for the Canadian truckers recruitment campaign than Saatchi+Saatchi. Even I am thinking of going now… :laughing:

I haven’t quite worked out what he meant in his last few posts. Fortunately, I don’t need to bother myself about it.
He finally figured out what the firm was, though it took longer than it should have.
Funny but neither me nor any of my canine compadres whistle, and I’m no whining puppy. If anyone was whining then it was RR itself. Maybe he should rename himself “whine e coyote”.

Harry, come on over dude, the water’s fine!

Maybe after the thaw… :smiley: