H A T O

how many other hgvs were caught up in the M 40 crash this afternoon 24 4 14,as we were coming up to junction 2 i was in the first lane,next thing i know i am being forced over into the hard shoulder by these car drivers who could not wait,rather than cause another accident i went into the hard shoulder only to find i could not get back into the first lane again because of the cars,next thing i know i am having a minor argument with a H A T O muppet who is shouting at me and others that we should not be in the hard houlder,i agreed with him but as i tried to explain he carries on ranting that we should know better being proffessional drivers,next thing i know i let rip and said try sorting the traffic out then and get us moving [with a couple of choice words thrown in]he was totally stressed out and mis handled the situation,i am actually surprised that with the mood people were in one of them did not get out and lamp him,like i said,muppet

How does a car force a truck onto the hard shoulder? Even IF you were “forced” over, a couple of blinks on the indicator to let your intentions known, then “force” your way back on.

pete-b:
How does a car force a truck onto the hard shoulder? Even IF you were “forced” over, a couple of blinks on the indicator to let your intentions known, then “force” your way back on.

i take it you were there then,so you were aware of the situation,i know the facts and for the record i do not force others to give way,thats not what i was taught when training,you may well do ,i do not

pete-b:
How does a car force a truck onto the hard shoulder?

Easy one that Pete. It happens when the truck driver can’t (or won’t) press his brake pedal. :smiley:

Think the op is a ■■■■.

maybe hato was correct?, if there was incident, accident event, last place truck should be is on the hard shoulder.

An old man once told me never let anyone (car drivers) hold you by the balls…:exclamation:

happysack:
Think the op is a ■■■■.

No way. Have you never been forced onto a hard shoulder by a car, and drove along it with others then tried to assume the HATO had no right to tell you off for it? You’ve never lived!! :laughing:

I’ve had a sheltered life Mike. I just need to get out more :wink:

Oh what a surprise, we’re muppets again. What a shock. I had a fatal once with further Ambulances on route and the Shoulder got totally blocked by people like you but yes you are right, we’re just muppets trying to do our job. :unamused: :unamused:

Big Jase:
Oh what a surprise, we’re muppets again. What a shock. I had a fatal once with further Ambulances on route and the Shoulder got totally blocked by people like you but yes you are right, we’re just muppets trying to do our job. :unamused: :unamused:

Thats right Jase, the HATO should of understood and let the lorry driver carry on along until he could get back out, then mount a search for the car !! :laughing:

truckman20:

pete-b:

i take it you were there then,so you were aware of the situation,i know the facts and for the record i do not force others to give way,thats not what i was taught when training,you may well do ,i do not

No, I wasn’t there, but from what you’ve described, it was a schoolboy error on your behalf, which developed into you causing havoc on the hard shoulder. But, i bow to your professionalism and sticking rigidly to what you were taught.

happysack:
Think the op is a ■■■■.

you are entitled to your opinion you pxxxk

Mike-C:

pete-b:
How does a car force a truck onto the hard shoulder?

Easy one that Pete. It happens when the truck driver can’t (or won’t) press his brake pedal. :smiley:

+1 :open_mouth: :unamused:

truckman20:

happysack:
Think the op is a ■■■■.

you are entitled to your opinion you pxxxk

is that 3 kisses? Aww Thanks sweet pea mwah x

Yes, you are correct, the HATO shouldn’t loose it with you. But, you shouldn’t have been there. No excuses. I find it hard to believe how a car drivers can force a truck onto the hard shoulder. If you reg number was recorded, I doubt your defence will stand up in court? But, I wasn’t there and didn’t see what happened to you. It gets frustrating, knowing emergency services are trying to get to an incident and the only route, the hard shoulder, is blocked by inpatient drivers. In the tailback of a full closure after a fatal collision, we were dispatched to look for a driver having a heart attack in the congestion. Ourselves and a Paramedic response car could not even try to get near the location because the hard shoulder was blocked.

Truckman20; You should have pretented to be foreign when he lost his temper and say “No Englishski”.

Phew that’s better, I thought this was going to descend into another bout of petty jibes & name calling.

Big Jase:

the point is i was actually on the exit ramp when the cars forced their way in,i did not say you were all muppets just this one guy who was doing nothing except mouthing off at us and i for one am not taking that off a civil servant,if he wants to do that job he should not stress out,instead sort the situaton out without the gob, simple as,also as regards doing your job,he was not all he wanted was to pick an argument,well i obliged him as did another driver

happysack:
Think the op is a ■■■■.

apologies for calling you a pxxxk,i should not have let myself sink to your level,i should have said that with your far superior intelligence to mine how long did you take to put your response on here,and also did your brain [if any]hurt afterwards,i have met quite a few types like you over the years, you know the type,I AM NOT THICK BUT I CAN LIFT THINGS