GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Bewick:
Sorry Lads if you are hoping to get a response you may as well try “■■■■■■■ into the wind atop 'o Shap” Cheers Bewick.

Well said Dennis, The 240 Gardner Badge is only a Badge, I have a Gardner 150 Badge which I could put on the grill of my Jaguar XF, Or perhaps a Albion Cheifton, Or RR 290L, ,Proof is in the pudding & until I see some real positive photos of the 240 Gardner in a BIG J Guy, I will be very pleased, Regards Larry.

Are you two old codgers also members of the Flat Earth Society?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:

Excuse me NMM ! but I always thought the World was flat or we would ■■■■■■■ well fall off surely ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bewick.

Bewick:

newmercman:

Excuse me NMM ! but I always thought the World was flat or we would [zb] well fall off surely ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bewick.

Oh dear, Dennis its time I opened another bottle of high voltage SINGLE MALT, Whats NMM On about :question: :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Im retiring now to my old ERF Sleeper cab I have at the bottom of my garden : :wink: :wink: :wink: , Hope you & yours are keeping well, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

newmercman:

Excuse me NMM ! but I always thought the World was flat or we would [zb] well fall off surely ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bewick.

Oh dear, Dennis its time I opened another bottle of high voltage SINGLE MALT, Whats NMM On about :question: :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Im retiring now to my old ERF Sleeper cab I have at the bottom of my garden : :wink: :wink: :wink: , Hope you & yours are keeping well, Regards Larry.

Sounds like a great Idea to me Larry ! they are just attempting to coax a response from “us Lads that have done the job properly like in years gone by”
Aye we’re OK mate and I hope you and the family are as well. I’m going to watch News Night now on BBC 2 and see what these so called “ruling Politico class” are trying to con us into ! What a bunch of incompetent ■■■■■■■ they truly are ! All the best and Cheers ! Dennis.

5thwheel:
You might recall I drove one for SoM on night trunk,both north and south for over 12 months,in its day a motor to be reckoned with,a great transport tool.

There seems to be a reference elsewhere to them ditching a fleet of Scanias and panic buying a load of 8 LXB powered ERF’s for some reason ?.So we know they had form in liking the big Gardner and Bewick tells us that the things were in short supply new.It still seems to point to after market factory conversions of more available 6 cylinder BigJ’s as and when engine supplies became available to me.Bearing in mind that if it had to be naturally aspirated then the choice of the 8 LXB v anything else was probably a no brainer in the day and well worth the aggravation involved in such a retro fitting operation.

Cant remember if i popped this pic on before and although not proof,thats a gardner 240 badge in
the windscreen ! :laughing:

newmercman:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

David

I’m still convinced [emoji1303]

DEANB:
Cant remember if i popped this pic on before and although not proof,thats a gardner 240 badge in

How on earth(flat or otherwise!)did you spot that badge in the windscreen Dean?

David

5thwheel:

DEANB:

How on earth(flat or otherwise!)did you spot that badge in the windscreen Dean?

David

Eyes like a s hithouse rat David!

I refer the honourable member for Leatherhead to the posts concerning the (supposed) hidden stash of NOS diesel engines in a barn “somewhere” in the ■■■■■■■■ Fells.

R.o.f.

Just incase you had noticed but we have a crisis in Westminster , and the right honourable Gentleman from Leatherhead will be on standby for assisting Parliament with the sorting out of the Brexit Deal. Some 855 pages to trawl through, so give him a break if you will. :laughing:

:smiley:

E.W.

Hiya,
I’ve had two knights heads from Atki rads stolen I’ve had a Percy 240 badge
stolen from an ERF, Oh’ and the letters DOG stolen off a Dodge lorry, the
DOG most likely for a mutt’s living quarters but the Knights Heads and the
240 badge to convert a crappy 180 engined thingy into something else.or
at least try to convince others it was something else.
thanks harry, long retired.

EW car truck & bus:
R.o.f.

Just incase you had noticed but we have a crisis in Westminster , and the right honourable Gentleman from Leatherhead will be on standby for assisting Parliament with the sorting out of the Brexit Deal. Some 855 pages to trawl through, so give him a break if you will. :laughing:

:smiley:

E.W.

They couldn’t have chosen a more able person to sort out the whole shebang, in my opinion. I believe he’s perfectly in tune and on the same wavelength as the rest of them. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Had you thought of casting a furtive eye in the direction of THAT barn in the ■■■■■■■■ Fells, H?

Retired Old ■■■■:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Had you thought of casting a furtive eye in the direction of THAT barn in the ■■■■■■■■ Fells, H?

Hiya,
ROF, never gave that route a thought my friend will pop over that way under
the cover of darkness and have a look-see and report my findings, Ah’ I don’t
have a grid ref to put into the sat-nav I’ll just have pay Mr Smith a visit to get
directions, this should put the 8 pot thingy to bed once and for all Er’ ROF do
you have a “photographing thingy” I can borrow I can’t find a stockist for films
for the old box Brownie.

If Dennis has a couple of them fired up you can just follow the plume of smoke Harry, leave the sat-nav at home lad and take a gas mask instead. :wink:

Pete.

harry_gill:
the
240 badge to convert a crappy 180 engined thingy into something else.

That might account for most of the non SoM ones.Otherwise the final touch in converting a gutless thirsty NA ■■■■■■■ powered thing into something less gutless and thirsty. :wink:

Sorry Lads but I’ve had a busy 24 hrs shipping the whole fleet of Big J 240LXB’s “off shore” because of all the uncertainty of the Brexit shambles. At short notice I had to charter a “Steam Racket” ferry and I had a right grueller getting them all on board at Heysham to make the evening sailing to the IOM. Also I had a right ■■■■■■■ job contacting my Clearing Agent on the IOM ( C. W. Stevedores Ltd) as he was in the Boozer and refused to answer his phone as he claimed to be on his Lunch break ! Anyway, all’s well that ends well and the 39 Big J’s, or is it 40 ? I had to load them onto the ferry that sharp I could have miss counted !! are all safely secreted away offshore and untouchable and in the care of C. W. Security Services Ltd. But the greedy ■■■■■■■■ insisted on payment up fron’t, cash only in a carrier bag on the passenger side of the first one off the ferry !! Now is that anyway to run a business “cash only” but I suppose I am saving the VAT !! Much relieved Phew ! but that was a close call ! Cheers Bewick.