Gutted

This is the new montracon trailer I use.
Taken out Friday night by a part-time driver.
Absolutely gutted, because it will now be bodged up with cable ties and look awful.
Apparently forgot he was parked next to another trailer and turned too early.
I don’t own this trailer, and I feel sorry for the boss, but I take pride in the equipment provided.
Do not want to go in tomorrow, so angry.
This is not the 1st time he has damaged a vehicle.

Shame! There is no need for it to look bad and be bodged with cable ties - the tares can be fixed by ‘welding’ the same colour material over the splits. When done well you will hardly see it and costs less than £100 or so.

Is it just curtain damage?

Looks more like it has been cut than anything else!

just leave the hole there,it will save on stanley knife squares later when certain people are looking in to see what ya got on :smiley:

Has he got a licence ■■ that’s not even on his blind side, he didn’t stop at the moment it touched either :open_mouth:

Snarley:
This is the new montracon trailer I use.
Taken out Friday night by a part-time driver.
Absolutely gutted, because it will now be bodged up with cable ties and look awful.
Apparently forgot he was parked next to another trailer and turned too early.
I don’t own this trailer, and I feel sorry for the boss, but I take pride in the equipment provided.
Do not want to go in tomorrow, so angry.
This is not the 1st time he has damaged a vehicle.

A bummer certainly. But how can you get so cut up about a trailer? As has been said, it can be repaired very neatly and pretty cheaply.

Calm yourself! :sunglasses:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Accidents happen !

That’s why I try to get back to the yard too late for the Night Trunkers to Wreck it. :unamused:

I am going to push hard for a professional repair, but unless it is another companies fault, the boss has always taken the cheap option.
The steel side has been scraped and dented also.
I think I will look for a company that takes pride in their kit.
funny, it was a night trunker lol
Cut up, not really, but I take pride in my job, maybe you don’t.

Is it the photo angle or do the curtains have no reflectors on them? Can’t be a brand new trailer or it would be illegal? :confused:

I know you say you take pride in your equipment, same as most drivers do. I’d be as gutted as you. But if your gaffers will only repair it with cable ties, then he obviously doesn’t share the same pride, so I wouldn’t loose to much sleep over it. His problem when the freight gets wet and damaged cos the curtains are not offering the protection they are designed for. Mob I work for are the same as yours by the sound of it, but they usually get it sorted properly eventually. We’ve got a guy who does our curtain repairs and he spends time on the job to make sure its done right first time. You honestly have to go close up to the curtain to even see the repair he’s that good at his job.

If it is so upsetting hurtful and makes you angry that the repair is going to be done on the cheap why don’t you give your boss a nice Christmas present and pay for the repair yourself.

poleman:
Is it the photo angle or do the curtains have no reflectors on them? Can’t be a brand new trailer or it would be illegal? :confused:

So it’s acceptable to do that kind of wilful negligent damage on a second hand trailer ? :unamused:
I’d be pretty ■■■■■■ about it if I owned it !

poleman:

The curtains do have reflectors on, if you look level with the curtain strap in the middle, you can just make them out. The picture must be at an angle and the trailer is wet, so difficult to see.
I have decided to agree with some comments about it being only a trailer. I will get over it today, as I have just cracked open a bottle.
But tomorrow I will be annoyed again because as I said, I take pride in both my appearance and the equipment.

If I ever did that to a trailer I would pay to fix it and then
fall on my sword in shame.

viking35dp:
If it is so upsetting hurtful and makes you angry that the repair is going to be done on the cheap why don’t you give your boss a nice Christmas present and pay for the repair yourself.

yeah right, I think you need medicine.

oatcake1967:

Thing is, this guy lives in a huge house, regularly goes to NZ and Aus, to see family, and just does the job as a pension bumper.
Unlike me who struggles like hell to provide a living for a young family of 3.
I can’t afford to pay for it, believe me I would.
Maybe if I set up a paypal address, you could donate to have it fixed?
I doubt it though.

Snarley:

oatcake1967:

Thing is, this guy lives in a huge house, regularly goes to NZ and Aus, to see family, and just does the job as a pension bumper.
Unlike me who struggles like hell to provide a living for a young family of 3.
I can’t afford to pay for it, believe me I would.
Maybe if I set up a paypal address, you could donate to have it fixed?
I doubt it though.

Why would you or I pay for it when neither of us did it?
I think rentadent should get his hand in his pocket.

Misread your post, soz.
I will get it fixed, just spotted a heatgun on a website. Will get them to buy one and fix it myself.

Snarley:
Misread your post, soz.
I will get it fixed, just spotted a heatgun on a website. Will get them to buy one and fix it myself.

Im guessing your not called Snarley for nowt. :laughing:

Looks like it’s been knifed by load thieves than vein ■■■■■■■ against another trailer