Gutted

Im guessing your not called Snarley for nowt. :laughing:
[/quote]
Unfortunately, like texts, people can assume attitudes based on posts.
I am a nice bloke really, snarley is a nickname for other reasons. Honest

dafpower:
Looks like itā€™s been knifed by load thieves than vein [zb] against another trailer

If load scum had done it, I would accept it far more. But this person is a danger to other road users. I could understand damage on blind side.

oatcake1967:
Why would you or I pay for it when neither of us did it?
I think rentadent should get his hand in his pocket.

Hang on, why have I got to pay for it? :slight_smile:

From a bit of tail swing yeah I could understand too looks very fishy though either way it is a danger it be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  too tbh

Rentadent:

oatcake1967:

You donā€™t, unless you want too. LOL

Rentadent:

oatcake1967:

Good to see the mention of money spurs you to post. :laughing:

dafpower:
From a bit of tail swing yeah I could understand too looks very fishy though either way it is a danger it be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  too tbh

It was done at a well known hub, great parking and huge areas to manoeuvre, so no excuse.
Just an old ā– ā– ā– ā–  who gained HGV in the armed forces, and has no experience.
Should not be allowed in charge of a 44t truck IMO.

Would annoy me as well, i take a foolish (to some) pride in my vehicle and equipment too, quite apart from good image well maintained clean kit (even if its old) is a pleasure to work with.

Bloody worrying that he forgot he was parked beside another trailer, what hope anything small or difficult to spotā€¦ :open_mouth:

by the way iā€™m an old ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ :smiling_imp:

There are some muppets with so called liciences

Snarley:

dafpower:
Looks like itā€™s been knifed by load thieves than vein [zb] against another trailer

If load scum had done it, I would accept it far more. But this person is a danger to other road users. I could understand damage on blind side.

Just goes to show what I have been saying for a long time.The LGV test is far too easy.When someone who has passed the test can do that it really shows how any numpty can gain a license.

Juddian:
Would annoy me as well, i take a foolish (to some) pride in my vehicle and equipment too, quite apart from good image well maintained clean kit (even if its old) is a pleasure to work with.

Bloody worrying that he forgot he was parked beside another trailer, what hope anything small or difficult to spotā€¦ :open_mouth:

by the way iā€™m an old ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ :smiling_imp:

Sorry the use of ā€œoldā€ was wrong, as I am also getting on.

Just amazed by his lack of concentration.

These trucks can kill people easily, especially with a lack of concentration. what if a driver had been walking down the side?

Snarley:
This is the new montracon trailer I use.
Taken out Friday night by a part-time driver.
Absolutely gutted, because it will now be bodged up with cable ties and look awful.
Apparently forgot he was parked next to another trailer and turned too early.
I donā€™t own this trailer, and I feel sorry for the boss, but I take pride in the equipment provided.
Do not want to go in tomorrow, so angry.
This is not the 1st time he has damaged a vehicle.

I totally sympathise!
Three weeks on the trot I had an agency drive in my truck - once for three days whilst I was on a course. Resultant damage was a broken Navman and stain on matress. Week two was on a monday whilst I was out with a new driver. Result was a crack in the lower cab door, bent o/s trailer front marker light and broken AdBlue top - but this was just on ONE day! Third week - also a monday was a broken seatā€¦

I know Im not perfect but im gutted that they didnt say anything or right on a post Itā€¦ sorry!

lightning:

Snarley:
Absolutely gutted, because it will now be bodged up with cable ties and look awful.
I donā€™t own this trailer, and I feel sorry for the boss, but I take pride in the equipment provided.

I totally sympathise!
Three weeks on the trot I had an agency drive in my truck - once for three days whilst I was on a course. Resultant damage was a broken Navman and stain on matress. Week two was on a monday whilst I was out with a new driver. Result was a crack in the lower cab door, bent o/s trailer front marker light and broken AdBlue top - but this was just on ONE day! Third week - also a monday was a broken seatā€¦

I know Im not perfect but im gutted that they didnt say anything or right on a post Itā€¦ sorry!

I agree, if you worked in an office, and the lifts were broken or your computer had a crack in the screen, it would ā– ā– ā– ā–  you off.
A truck is a tool of work, it earns money. but builders/carpenters take pride in their tools.
Why canā€™t drivers be just as angry when there work tools are damaged.

Not a good thing to do but an hour with a stack of Cheps on the back, a good-sized wallpaper roller, a roll of curtain material and a heat gun will make it look at least a bit better. Replacing buckles isnā€™t the toughest job in the world either as long as youā€™ve got the necessary bits.

If you fixed it with zip-ties surely whenever you buckled the curtain up the tension would pull them apart?

I certainly wouldnā€™t be angry about it being damaged. Annoyed maybe it it was my regular trailer, but angryā€¦?

So the boss is not bothered but you have been in on a Sunday to look at a curtain then posted on here, no wonder drivers get treated like they do. Move on and forget it your boss has.

Snarley:

lightning:

Snarley:

I totally sympathise!

I agree, if you worked in an office, and the lifts were broken or your computer had a crack in the screen, it would ā– ā– ā– ā–  you off.
A truck is a tool of work, it earns money. but builders/carpenters take pride in their tools.
Why canā€™t drivers be just as angry when there work tools are damaged.

Iā€™m with you all the way, itā€™s a total lack of respect for property and a lack of professionalism and pride in the job.

Every time Iā€™m in work I canā€™t believe how equipment is treated, we pay 5k for xray sensors which end up with their cables tied in knots by staff who take no pride in what they do. We just expanded and put in loads of shiny new fancy equipment last year, half of it is permanently marked or damaged through laziness and misuse. It might not be my money but itā€™s me thatā€™s supposed to find the budget to pay for repairs and replacements. Like you half the time I end up fixing it myself - might not be in my job description but I canā€™t just leave it be. :frowning:

Why should agency or part time drivers care a hoot about equipmentā€¦after all in the majority of cases they get treated with distain by regular employees, spoken to worse then regular drivers by transport staff and accused of pinching work.

Iā€™m on agency myself and what some forget is many of us take pride in our work. I have seen a regular driver at a large company rip his back mud wing of his trailer and having to travel 300 miles with it. Iā€™ve got my tools out, got covered in cr@p, saved the Company a call out fee and made the fix good as new, without any fee or thanks but thatā€™s me. Just last month a regular driver at another company let his fridge run dryā€¦again me being mere agency bled the fuel system and had him up and running within the hour.

Accidents/mistakes can happen to the best of us unfortunatelyā€¦not just part time or agency workersā€¦but if it a fellow regular worker itā€™s classed as ā€œoh itā€™s an accidentā€¦could happen to anyoneā€.

Mucker1:
Why should agency or part time drivers care a hoot about equipmentā€¦after all in the majority of cases they get treated with distain by regular employees, spoken to worse then regular drivers by transport staff and accused of pinching work.

Iā€™m on agency myself and what some forget is many of us take pride in our work. I have seen a regular driver at a large company rip his back mud wing of his trailer and having to travel 300 miles with it. Iā€™ve got my tools out, got covered in cr@p, saved the Company a call out fee and made the fix good as new, without any fee or thanks but thatā€™s me. Just last month a regular driver at another company let his fridge run dryā€¦again me being mere agency bled the fuel system and had him up and running within the hour.

Accidents/mistakes can happen to the best of us unfortunatelyā€¦not just part time or agency workersā€¦but if it a fellow regular worker itā€™s classed as ā€œoh itā€™s an accidentā€¦could happen to anyoneā€.

I didnā€™t get the feeling the OP had any bias towards agency or not. Youā€™re right, there can be a lack of care from employees and temps, itā€™s down to the individual. Itā€™s still a shame.

As with so much in life itā€™s actually the few bad apples that spoil it for the rest of the (good) crop. :frowning:

Snarley:
I am going to push hard for a professional repair, but unless it is another companies fault, the boss has always taken the cheap option.

Itā€™s not a hard or expensive repair, it could be done by the ā€˜ladā€™. All you need is a heat gun, another bit of curtain, a small sheet of wood (ply is best) and a roller.

Cut the old curtain to size, circles are the best but for long repairs round the corners off. I would make that patch about 5" / 6" high and probably do it in small segments rather than one long piece. Clean the patch with white spirit

Take the tension out and clean it up both sides with white spirit

Get a bit of tape and tack it up on the outside to how you want it

Tack the patch over where you want it on the inside

Get inside the trailer and get a mate to stand on the other side holding the wood against the bit youā€™re about to heat.

Heat the curtains up until they get to the point where they are just starting to melt but not yet gone brown
(so it will be curtain - heat gun - patch. Start in the centre and work outwards)

Attack it with the roller

When the whole patch is stuck down go around the edges again and melt them in and then have another quick go over the top of the whole thing.

Take the tape off if it hasnā€™t already fallen off

Jobs a fish, have a cup of tea.

You might want to practice on some scrap bits before you have a go on the trailer :wink:

oatcake1967:
If I ever did that to a trailer I would pay to fix it and then
fall on my sword in shame.

So say we all.