Gutsy kid

:open_mouth: Kid stops truck when dad has siezure :open_mouth:

CLICKY

What would Elf n Safety make of that one then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good kid, shame it wouldnt happen in this country though cus we aint allowed to take our kids with us, see hes bound to become a driver in the future,what chance have we got of turning our kids into drivers when they cant come with us,any wonder why we have to use cheap labour (poles) :imp:

…in this country though cus we aint allowed to take our kids with us

Since when :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I take my lot with me - always have. As long as they are strapped in the seat belt I dont see any reason not to.

Mothertrucker:

…in this country though cus we aint allowed to take our kids with us

Since when :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I take my lot with me - always have. As long as they are strapped in the seat belt I dont see any reason not to.

It’s an insurance thing ( no passengers ) and also elf n safety in factories etc

We can’t and my kids all love to and have done, but sadly no more :cry: :unamused: :wink:

Stupid, standard insurance response really.

If you have your kids with you, then you’re going to be a super-duper safe driver.

Proper driver that lad.

I’m like, ‘Dad, are you joking?’ and he wouldn’t say anything, so I smacked him

:smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Tagoat:

If you have your kids with you, then you’re going to be a super-duper safe driver.

Agreed but the liability increases. The kid could have an accident. Slip climbing in or out of the truck. Get run over etc etc etc. The idea is that a driver would be more aware of his surroundings and the dangers presented.

You can understand it a little. You can see it now, “my kid hurt himself on the truck step, I am gonna sue” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It only needs one :unamused:

montana man:

Tagoat:

Agreed but the liability increases. The kid could have an accident. Slip climbing in or out of the truck. Get run over etc etc etc. The idea is that a driver would be more aware of his surroundings and the dangers presented.

You can understand it a little. You can see it now, “my kid hurt himself on the truck step, I am gonna sue” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Alas, yes. :unamused:

but I do like coffee’s observation :smiley: :smiley:

gav:
good kid, shame it wouldnt happen in this country though cus we aint allowed to take our kids with us

You might want to explain that to my eight-year-old who’s been all over the UK with me, and to Brest in France, Zele in Belgium, all in the truck and who is coming to Poland with me next week!

We can take passengers, but only after getting permission from the boss.

He does have a point though, we start our week on a Sunday morning
and ship out Sunday afternoon.
He needs the chance to arrange ferry crossings. A few years ago, one way for our kid would have been perfect :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

when i said that kids arnt allowed i didnt actually mean that its illegal or anything,jesus why do people always take things out of context, i know some companys are ok with it else you wouldnt see blokes with there kids in the school holidays,but it seems more and more the rule, no passengers/kids, i work for an irish tipper outfit and they dont mind if someone comes out with you,but 9 times out of 10 you aint allowed passengers on sites and landfills, so whats the point, i spent many a mile with my dad years ago travelling about untill it got to the stage where he was having to leave me at 11 years old on the streets of birmingham on my own for half an hour while he went in and got the lorry,the old lady soon put a stop to it when she found out what he was doin :laughing: ive done it myself where company policy is no passengers but sneeked mates in on a weekend run only to get to an RDC to be told no passengers,so they have to wait outside,its just crazy,surely having 2 people is safer all round,i dont know maybe im abit wet behind the ears still hey

Hey I wasn’t picking holes Gav!

Seriously, I reckon my saucepan learns more in a week in the truck than he does in a month at school.

As many have mentioned, it is all down to the boss though.

Over here truck stops are littered with kids in the Summer.Have to use extra caution as to not flatten oneof them.They have a bad habit of leaping out the cab as soon as their truck stops at the fuel island ,then make a mad dash across the forcourt for the bathroom. :laughing:

How many times do I have to post this.

Having come in late and scanned through the topic…

If a company is saying that their Motor Insurance doesn’t cover the carriage of passengers, then that Insurance is not valid in the U.K.

I can remember the incidents in the press in the early/mid 60’s that brought this about. Compulsory passenger Insurance has been in force since 1967 (or was it 1965?) :blush:

And it has no relevance to the number of seats. If you packed a vehicle to the extent that persons were hanging from the proverbial rafters, then each and every one of them would be insured, albeit that their individual claims might not be met in full.

It is either section 163 or section 165 (certainly of the 1972 Act) without looking it up, or thereabouts.

However, if a company constructed objections on the basis of Employer’s Liability Insurance, then that might be a different matter.

Kids should be encouraged to travel with their parents. They have the potential to be the next generation of drivers. And when they learn to drive for themselves, they will have a different perspective of other road users.

Essentially, they are being denied the opportunity to learn ‘life skills’.

Krankee what you on :question: :question: :question:

brilliantly put,

Essentially, they are being denied the opportunity to learn ‘life skills’.

that i think sums it all up

well said kranke “life skills” it has certainly helped my daughters french lanugage skills coming on the road with me.

Krankee has put the insurance thing to bed. I have also said that many times. You cannot have driver or employee only insurance. It must be at least 3rd party. A passenger would be a 3rd party anyway.

My motorcycle insurance renewal asks me if I carry pillion. I always answer No, but that doesnt mean that I cant carry a passenger.

Factories refusing entry to wags and tin lids are using their own badly dreamt up rules, either on the pretence of hygiene, security or secrecy. Safety doesnt come into it if the passengers are well behaved and stay in the lorry

montana man:

Tagoat:

they used to have no problem with kids where i work but one of the exdrivers took his kid along one day and let her sit on the bunk. he braked heavilly and his daughter ended up piling into the dash. he tried to sue the company :open_mouth: :unamused: .now we can only take our children if they are old enough not to need a child seat. wags are no problem and of course you have to ask first