grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr driver hire

i would of stuck it on poa if i knew i wouldnt be tipped till the next day,
and only knock it on break for my rest period.

Then i would have evidence of my hours.

right ive managed to sort it out, per say

im getting the minimum i signed up for even tho its only 25p an hour more, still its the principil of the matter,
also for the thursday i was parked up im getting 10 hours pay instead of 3

so yea its sorta sorted but in future ill confirm everything in advance,

not to anyone else confirm all the details.

driver hire :unamused:

blockbooked for 2 weeks. at the end of the first week they told me the second week had been cancelled and they told the client i wasnt available for the second week. luckily the job DID get cancelled but i was told directly by the client when he was telling me what they told him :laughing:

dont touch SMS either. i tried to resign from them to be informed that they had sacked me 3 weeks previously. they just hadnt told me and had kept giving me work :unamused:

gogzy:
i did but he only pays for hours driven that day. i left the chart in till the next day. but he hasnt seen my charts because i arrived home on saturday moring at about 2am and nobody was in, and being agency i dont have to show him.but he phoned up and asked for the hours i worked then asked what i drove on thursday

he only pays for hours driven ■■■■■■■■ to that mate from card in to card out or chuck the keys into the nearest field

out of curiousity where you based roughly

gogzy:
i did but he only pays for hours driven that day. i left the chart in till the next day. but he hasnt seen my charts because i arrived home on saturday moring at about 2am and nobody was in, and being agency i dont have to show him.but he phoned up and asked for the hours i worked then asked what i drove on thursday

I thought the minimum wage rules meant that couldn’t be done - If you’re at work you should be paid !

gonzothejaffa1:

gogzy:

he only pays for hours driven ■■■■■■■■ to that mate from card in to card out or chuck the keys into the nearest field

out of curiousity where you based roughly

im based myself in dunfermline, near edinburgh.
yea i had to haggle with them to get paid for sitting bout because ti wasnt my fault. they wernt willing to give me it but hey i got it,

gogzy:

i can get you work on class 1 with a decent agency. good pay and the drivers are looked after. i lasted a month with driver hire in grangemouth before i found my current agency and that was over 2 years ago

I’ve just come back from signing up with Driver Hire this morning, (hence the search for driver hire threads).

They have given me a guaranteed rate no matter what I drive, 25p extra for digi tachos, and said they will pay me for an 8 hour shift no matter how many hours I actually do for them as they charge their clients for a min of 8 hours per job.

I’ve found out they are franchised out locally so I suppose it depends on the team running each branch.

Just got to see if any work heads my way now.

I’ve noticed they are not the best payers but seeing as I havent got any experience yet I cant afford to be too choosy.

scanny77:

gogzy:

i can get you work on class 1 with a decent agency. good pay and the drivers are looked after. i lasted a month with driver hire in grangemouth before i found my current agency and that was over 2 years ago

nice one, yea i hate the grangemouth lot, they had the cheek to phone me up and ask me to be a drivers mate at hotpoint recently, i was like “no im a driver” and he begged me to do even offered me like £8 an hour to do it, ill be damned if im lifting washing machines and shiz up into flats for that. ive also had bother witht hem int he past

anyone once i pass my class one on monday touch more flaming wood ill give you a pm,

ive been with driver hire for about 7 months now, get on with them great, apart from this problem, i used to work for them for a few months before i went to uni so i kinda got over step one when i signed back up.

i did hotpoint once as a driver. when i finished the shift i turned to my co worker and said ‘i would say see you later but i very much doubt it’ and i have never been back :laughing:

yea it doesnt seem to be that great doing it, they wouldnt even offer me more money to go out for them to do it, and as i have back problems right now im not gonna bust my back even more for nothing, im just lucky i get free chiropratic care (perks of being with her daughter hehe)

Kenny1975:
With Glasgow DH i worked with for nearly 2 years, when i started i signed a contract as a class 1 driver for class 1 rates, was told i would get a minimum of 8 hours pay per shift and also would get OT after those 8 hours.

They were always really clear and open about their wages, also didnt matter what type of shift i did would always do my class 1 money for it. Used to do quite a few transit van shifts.

I aint sure but DH is part of a franchais but maybe they are meant to work and pay a certain way, i’d maybe see if you can take it further. I’m friendly with an ex DH member of staff next time i’ll speak to her about it, because it something she would never consider doing messing people about like that.

I worked for Glasgow DH about a year altogether (in various periods from 2005 till this spring) and never had any problems with them. As you told - when you are employed as a class II driver, you are always paid as class 2 driver, even if you drive sprinter vans.

They made some mistakes a few times with my salary, but it was always put back to my account (except one time, when they paid me too much and they told me to keep that) :grimacing:

i dont get paid class 2 rates when driving vans i only get £5.52, and £6 for 7.5

wtf, arghhhhh time to haggle with them.

You need to talk to them about that mate.

You ALWAYS get the wage paid for the highest class of licence you hold.

A 7.5 driver will always get 7.5 money even when he’s on vans, cars etc. A Class 1 driver will always get the Class 1 money whatever.

I would never sign up with an agency that didn’t do that! I know the 2 driver hire offices that I’m signed up with near me have the same policy, as do any agencies I’ve ever spoken to!

gogzy:
i dont get paid class 2 rates when driving vans i only get £5.52, and £6 for 7.5

wtf, arghhhhh time to haggle with them.

i was with grangemouth for a month. i only ever got class 2 work but i was always paid class 1 rates. well, class 1 rates at driver hire is class 2 rates with any other agency :unamused:

grrr defo need to sort that out likes, not gonna stick with them much longer though tbh, only with them till i get my class 1, their class 1 rates are shocking,

My digi card turned up this morning. Phoned Driver Hire to let them know & it seemed as though they couldn’t be less interested. :cry:

Phoned the other agency I registered with last week (far better rates than DH)to tell them the same thing & it was “Great, leave it with us for an hour of so.”

Within half an hour they were back on the phone with 3 different contracts :sunglasses:

Start Monday!

jonah65:
I’ve just come back from signing up with Driver Hire this morning, (hence the search for driver hire threads).

They have given me a guaranteed rate no matter what I drive, 25p extra for digi tachos, and said they will pay me for an 8 hour shift no matter how many hours I actually do for them as they charge their clients for a min of 8 hours per job.

I’ve found out they are franchised out locally so I suppose it depends on the team running each branch.

That’s pretty much hitting the nail on the head. The Hull office is great. On the current job I’m on, Fridays seem a bit quiet so I don’t get a full 8hr shift in but still get paid for 8. Did 6.25hrs last Friday but still got 8…

i got you sorted mate. they dont have as many contracts for under 25s but they will get you class 1 work

cheers scanny lets hope i can phone them on monday or tuesday and have a chat with them.