Gregory Magor

Hi all,

I’m looking for any info on working for Gregory, from anybody that has. I have a potential assessment drive at Gregory in Magor and wondered what the general consensus was.

Any info much appreciated!

Goff118:
Hi all,

I’m looking for any info on working for Gregory, from anybody that has. I have a potential assessment drive at Gregory in Magor and wondered what the general consensus was.

Any info much appreciated!

Is this the Booker/Tesco job?

Avoid, as its Gregorski, regardless of the job, itll be crayola.

I’ve done that job a few times through agency, and as usual, they could not organise a drinks party in a brewery. Problem is though, when you work for them directly, they try to get you to sort out their mess.

Avoid.

Thanks for the info. This job is not based out of Magor and is right on my doorstep, so looks like a decent start for me at the moment. It’s just the assessment that is in Magor.

The problem I am having at the moment is getting any sort of information from them. I have been offered an assessment but not told what they’d be paying yet… :confused:

Goff118:
The problem I am having at the moment is getting any sort of information from them. I have been offered an assessment but not told what they’d be paying yet… :confused:

That’s a…

Large waving red flag to me already.

“… it’ll be crayola”

[emoji28][emoji28] that’s mint! I’m pinching that [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

Goff118:

That’s a…

Large waving red flag to me already.

Yep, my thoughts exactly!

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

I’ve loaded out of there sites at Shelton mallet , cribs etc & they’ve been fine , on a bay ASAP , loaded ASAP , never noticed them being disorganised in any way
As for pay I didn’t know it before I sat down with my now boss for coffee , I’d just turn up , have a listen & make your decision from there ,
You’ll find on here theyl all be telling you the wages are crap , they wouldn’t work for it , then earn £600 pw themselves, make your own decision

dozy:
I’ve loaded out of there sites at Shelton mallet , cribs etc & they’ve been fine , on a bay ASAP , loaded ASAP , never noticed them being disorganised in any way
As for pay I didn’t know it before I sat down with my now boss for coffee , I’d just turn up , have a listen & make your decision from there ,
You’ll find on here theyl all be telling you the wages are crap , they wouldn’t work for it , then earn £600 pw themselves, make your own decision

Cheers Dozy! Hope the new job is going well.

dozy:

That’s totally irrelevant to actually working for them. I’ve delivered/collected out of Stobart depots in the past without any issue, but I’d never work for them in a million years.

dozy:
As for pay I didn’t know it before I sat down with my now boss for coffee

But your boss…

Is always Eddie Stobart, Culina, Logistics People or what ever else they’ve called themselves or morphed into this month.

You’d work for him for nothing, it’s no surprise at all you didn’t ask about the money.

Let me elabo)rate a little.

I have (briefly) worked for Gregorski directly, when I was TUPE’d over. I still work in the industry that they are working in, and am aware of their conditions. I have seen the “generously increased pay rates” letter on their notice board last year I have on several occasions also worked for them as an agency drive, or subbied out. They can not run a contract, simply because their company ethic is to do scattergun their contracts, get them by undercutting rates, then try to use too few trucks, to do too much work, and simply muddle on untill the contract is eventually lost. Rinse and repeat.
The planning is totally removed from reality, and no matter of explaining that you can not do the job legally will make them take notice. You simply have to either walk away, or start the job, and phone them up when you run out of time, and parking up. They rely on underpaid yes men, who will do the possible jobs, even if they have to break the law. People like our dozy (see his answer above).

They are presently advertising milk tanker driver work in Haverfordwest. £32500 for 5on-3off…

On nights.

If the job is on the doorstep, and nothing better is available, go for it. A crap job is better than no job. But I would avoid if at all possible.

And don’t listen to our resident “yes boss, how high” clown.

the nodding donkey:
Let me elabo)rate a little.

I have (briefly) worked for Gregorski directly, when I was TUPE’d over. I still work in the industry that they are working in, and am aware of their conditions. I have seen the “generously increased pay rates” letter on their notice board last year I have on several occasions also worked for them as an agency drive, or subbied out. They can not run a contract, simply because their company ethic is to do scattergun their contracts, get them by undercutting rates, then try to use too few trucks, to do too much work, and simply muddle on untill the contract is eventually lost. Rinse and repeat.
The planning is totally removed from reality, and no matter of explaining that you can not do the job legally will make them take notice. You simply have to either walk away, or start the job, and phone them up when you run out of time, and parking up. They rely on underpaid yes men, who will do the possible jobs, even if they have to break the law. People like our dozy (see his answer above).

They are presently advertising milk tanker driver work in Haverfordwest. £32500 for 5on-3off…

On nights.

If the job is on the doorstep, and nothing better is available, go for it. A crap job is better than no job. But I would avoid if at all possible.

And don’t listen to our resident “yes boss, how high” clown.

Thank you very much for this info. That doesn’t sound so good!

I work full-time (non-driving) at the moment, so it would be my first full time job, having only done agency since passing last year. The depot is around 10 minutes walk away from home and I pass it each day on the way home from work. To me, it looks like it’s all locked up and the drivers are done by 4:30pm each day, so could be a nice little number. I’m trying my best to catch a driver as they’re going in or out to get more info, but it seems they are already done by the time I get home from work.

There was this thread a while ago, but may be site specific.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=173861

Plus I might have gotten the firm wrong too!

Goff118:

dozy:

Cheers Dozy! Hope the new job is going well.

That’s alright goff , you’ll be fine as long as you don’t take any notice of these idiots

tmcassett:

dozy:

That’s totally irrelevant to actually working for them. I’ve delivered/collected out of Stobart depots in the past without any issue, but I’d never work for them in a million years.[/quo
Nothing you say is of any interest to me

yourhavingalarf:

dozy:
As for pay I didn’t know it before I sat down with my now boss for coffee

But your boss…

Is always Eddie Stobart, Culina, Logistics People or what ever else they’ve called themselves or morphed into this month.

You’d work for him for nothing, it’s no surprise at all you didn’t ask about the money.[/quote
Are you as blind as your thick , it clearly says I didn’t know about the wages until I sat down with my boss for a coffee , he then obviously ( though being thick it’s not obvious to you ) told me what they were
As for stobarts they don’t exist anymore ( more dumb crap from you ) , culina don’t have a depot in Grantham so I don’t work for them , keep guessing , there’s only so many lorry firms in Grantham , I’d say you’d get there eventually , but your a different level of thick so you won’t

Goff118:

I work full-time (non-driving) at the moment, so it would be my first full time job, having only done agency since passing last year. The depot is around 10 minutes walk away from home and I pass it each day on the way home from work. To me, it looks like it’s all locked up and the drivers are done by 4:30pm each day, so could be a nice little number. I’m trying my best to catch a driver as they’re going in or out to get more info, but it seems they are already done by the time I get home from work.

This has…

More twists and turns than a roller coaster.

If it’s that close to where you live, then it’s too good not to investigate. A job whereby you can walk to work and be finished by 5 every day is a rarity and at the very least, you should make enquiries. If I had to drive to somewhere that wouldn’t reveal what the wage was, I wouldn’t go. If they were right behind my garden shed, I’d go looksee. You can wander over there in your dressing gown with a mug of tea in your hand and ask questions.

Having said that, heed the Donkey’s words of wisdom and experience.

yourhavingalarf:

Goff118:

This has…

More twists and turns than a roller coaster.

If it’s that close to where you live, then it’s too good not to investigate. A job whereby you can walk to work and be finished by 5 every day is a rarity and at the very least, you should make enquiries. If I had to drive to somewhere that wouldn’t reveal what the wage was, I wouldn’t go. If they were right behind my garden shed, I’d go looksee. You can wander over there in your dressing gown with a mug of tea in your hand and ask questions.

Having said that, heed the Donkey’s words of wisdom and experience.

Hahah will do my best!

I was TUPE’d over to them and did 5 years with them. They weren’t the best payers, though they didn’t try to cut it either, we were paid a lot more than their own drivers. They were reasonably easy going and you could always get in touch with “senior management”. However that was 10 yrs ago. Like so many big companies, a lot depends on the local management. If the job suits it could be a good way to gain experience. they always used to pay for CPC, done during working time, medicals etc, but again that may have changed by now.

dozy:

tmcassett:

dozy:

That’s totally irrelevant to actually working for them. I’ve delivered/collected out of Stobart depots in the past without any issue, but I’d never work for them in a million years.

Nothing you say is of any interest to me

And yet you took the time to reply. :unamused:

I notice your grammar and punctuation has improved in a couple of the posts above, your trolling standards are slipping.