Green cards (insurance)

i do a trip to bulgaria every year in my motorhome and this year is no exception but it really annoys me when i cannot get a green card from my own insurance company…its only for romania and bulgaria and i normally buy it at the border…its not expensive…last year it costs 60 euros for 15 days in b.g. but why should i have to pay for an extension of my own insurance policy…my insurance company says that it doesnt issue green cards full stop…may have to go to another company but ive been with my present one for years and i am reluctant to change.... last year i went via paris (had to visit disneyland) and then through swiss..italy..ferry to igouminitsa in greece and on to b.g. this year its out via harwich to the hook..holland ..germany..austria..hungary..romania..bulgaria.. when i did the middle east it used to take us through austria ..and yugoslavia and later the route was changed (for price) through germany czech and hungary..romania and bulgaria..turkey..iran..iraq..and down the persian gulf.. i am reluctant to go through czech as there are many holdups at the slovak border..plus i have to buy road tax for the year..and motorway tolls..so its cheaper through austria believe it or not..i dont want to touch yugoslavia because ive been told that they are anti british after the war…and of course i am right hand drive…and gb plates on the back…anyway im going for about a month..just thought id let ya know…
have a nice day

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Green Card Truckboy… I would think about changing insurance companies too…

But it sounds like a great trip… Stay safe, have fun, and I for one would be interested in hearing all about it when ya get back…
All the best buddy…

Czezch Slovak border is likley to have much less hold ups now they are in the EU. How heavy is your motor home because if it is over 3.5 tonnes it will need a Go-Box in Austria instead of the Vignette.

Thanks fellow truckers…(andy)…it used to be a regular run for me on route to the middle east…yeah i`m a cola cowboy…so its no great deal but i will keep you informed…my motorhome is 3tons…23 when the wife has finished loading it…i was out there last year so a vignette is ok…for austria .but i will probably get a green card at the e.bloc borders. my insurance does of course cover the e.u…but unfortunately romania and bulgaria does not come in till 2007…
thanks for the interest,
have a nice day