Green Beaver

I asked for ’ Beautiful Beaver '.

They gave me a brochure on Thailand.

ckm1981:

happysack:
And that’s take home?

No because 32k take home would be 45k a year salary,take home is around 1750 every 4 weeks…we get paid 4 weekly so 13 pay packets a year.

1750x13=22,750… I’m not on the (£15 norm wouldn’t get out of bed for less crew) but really■■? But hey you get a new truck and a “smart” uniform

Have you gone tramping or just day or night shift and which depot are you gracing with your wit

eagerbeaver:
covering class 2 holidays

■■■■■■■ snob! :imp:

Did you miss the army colour? :grimacing:

Mon-Fri Days, Trucker Ed.

As regards my wit, I am only funny 50% of the time.

I think that’s why I get called ’ Halfwit '.

eagerbeaver:
Haha-nice one Seth! I was starting to get messed about a bit at Canute mate, at least with these lot I will not end up ’ covering class 2 holidays ’ or ’ nipping ’ to other depots in my own car etc.

And as I’ve already mentioned, my depot is just around the corner. It looks like a good set-up IMO.

messed around at canute NEVER :laughing: :laughing: dagenham depot :question: :question: for stobbys

You can’t educate pork!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

First day in the wagon today after my 2 day induction. Sent out on my own and done a 14 hour day. Back in at 7 am. One shift completed and I am straight onto a 9 hour reducer already!!!

Looks like I wont be getting an easy introduction lol!

eagerbeaver:
First day in the wagon today after my 2 day induction. Sent out on my own and done a 14 hour day. Back in at 7 am. One shift completed and I am straight onto a 9 hour reducer already!!!

back to canutes :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sod that for a lark, not as a day man

eagerbeaver:

You did reduce through your own choice didn’t you?
After all it’s at the drivers discretion whether you reduce or not,personally after a 14hr day I’d of told em to shove it.

eagerbeaver:

NICE :grimacing:

ckm1981:

eagerbeaver:

You did reduce through your own choice didn’t you?
After all it’s at the drivers discretion whether you reduce or not,personally after a 14hr day I’d of told em to shove it.

I guess that’s the corporate pliability test…

Take it like a man beaver! :open_mouth:

ckm1981:

happysack:
And that’s take home?

No because 32k take home would be 45k a year salary,take home is around 1750 every 4 weeks…we get paid 4 weekly so 13 pay packets a year.

save your time typing, the green brigade wont listen as they earn more with meal allowances nights out etc.

I have worked for dhl supplied the greens and know where the majority of guys would rather work, but as others have said some will love it other not so much.

but looking at some of the pictures around here with actual pay on am surprised anyone wants to work for them.

So hang on. Taking home 430a week is good?

happysack:

Must be a good wage beacuse its dhl and not stobarts.

happysack:

No nights out,no Sunday working
A fixed rolling 3 week rota of 2 x 5 days then 1 x 4 day week so 3 days off together every month.
Salary pay so fixed amount regardless of if you only do 40hrs on your 4 day week.
No use of PAO at all.
Break it all down and it works out @ £12.58 a hour,your right it’s a terrible wage.

ckm1981:

happysack:

A fixed rolling 3 week rota of 2 x 5 days then 1 x 4 day week so 3 days off together every month.
Salary pay so fixed amount regardless of if you only do 40hrs on your 4 day week.
No use of PAO at all.
Break it all down and it works out @ £12.58 a hour,your right it’s a terrible wage.

So how much do you get paid for a saturday shift and what if you do nightshift.

Colin_scottish:

ckm1981:

happysack:

No use of PAO at all.

So how much do you get paid for a saturday shift and what if you do nightshift.

We don’t work nights,Saturday shift is included in the salary.

eagerbeaver:

■■■■ that mate if I was going home through the week id be having 11 hours minimum off. By the time you have got home, had a bath/shower, had your tea, seen the kids/watch TV you’d be lucky to get 6 hours kip. 9 hours reduced rest are ok for tramping as its roll out of bed and into the drivers seat for your shift :smiley: