Green Beaver

After reading many disparaging remarks regarding the green army, I have decided to volunteer my services in the battle for good.
Dozy, and (others), have inspired me to strengthen the Eddie massive.

As I am now a member of an ’ Elite driving regiment ', I would like to thank all members on here for the inevitable flood of positive comments, and unprecedented adulation.

Comments please. Where’s that green tin hat I got issued with?..

Your one of them now??

You wanted a pay cut?

INCOMING…TAKE COVER…

On a serious note if you have moved to them, good on you for doing your own thing! Tbh if they was one local here mate I’d probaby work for them!

Good luck buddy

So there is a driver shortage? :open_mouth:

Yes i agree there is a lot of negative comments about the green beaver and as i’ve worked for them i’m speaking from experience,i woulldn’t go back really didn’t like their planners or over the top H+S regime,i’m a bit more old school dont get me wrong i’m all for safety for everyone,i have also known drivers go to work for them and last only a few weeks but having said all that it suits some people and i suppose it varies from depot to depot,give them a try you might like it,plenty of benefits,good vehicles,uniform regular wages ETC,only one way to find out if you like something or not…DON’T DO DHL i repeat DON’T DO DHL.

My condolences …

Charger- you are on the money pal! I have heard quite a few negative comments regarding the yellow mob.

As regards the green mob, I will have to wait and see about ’ planner mither '!!

Dhl advertising around here,
£30.5k PA class one
no nights out
no Sunday working
No 6 day weeks
Show me a stobarts job that’ll match that!

Fair play CK. That is a good wage! Like others have said, you have to make your own decisions.

Don’t try…don’t know, is what I was taught. My depot is round the corner from my house, so 10 mins and I am at work.

Minimal travelling costs/time etc.

Anyone who knows Thorntons will tell you it was one of the best places to work anywhere until the yellow monster got their hands on it,now they can’t even get agency drivers to go in there,i’m not knocking agency i’m just saying news travels fast and when you have a choice of where to work so many are exercising their right not to work there.I have worked at Thorntons,lovely staff,laid back enviroment,but not any more all the good ones have left.

ckm1981:
£30.5k PA class one
no nights out
no Sunday working
No 6 day weeks

That’s pish

happysack:

ckm1981:
£30.5k PA class one
no nights out
no Sunday working
No 6 day weeks

That’s pish

indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=ap … 84cff1c7c3
For clarification I’ve worked there for 10 years and the salary in the ad doesn’t include the extra for bank holidays which takes it nearer to 33k if you work all of them through the year @ double time

And that’s take home?

happysack:
And that’s take home?

No because 32k take home would be 45k a year salary,take home is around 1750 every 4 weeks…we get paid 4 weekly so 13 pay packets a year.

Oh right. Forgive me. [emoji1]

eagerbeaver:
Fair play CK. That is a good wage! Like others have said, you have to make your own decisions.

Don’t try…don’t know, is what I was taught. My depot is round the corner from my house, so 10 mins and I am at work.

Minimal travelling costs/time etc.

Nowt wrong with the green plague beaver,just dont loose you sense of humour or get tetchy and paranoid when the word green is mentioned :unamused: ,btw ive worked for um and loved it,i was only in my very early twentys[im 45 now] when they used to wear the clip on tie, i drove a daf drag with roof sleeper[roadtrain to the spotters :wink: ] out of normanton and was away all week,i used to get the ■■■■ taken out of me then,i didnt give a flying ■■■■,if the job suits you pal crack on :sunglasses:

Haha-nice one Seth! I was starting to get messed about a bit at Canute mate, at least with these lot I will not end up ’ covering class 2 holidays ’ or ’ nipping ’ to other depots in my own car etc.

And as I’ve already mentioned, my depot is just around the corner. It looks like a good set-up IMO.

eagerbeaver:
Haha-nice one Seth! I was starting to get messed about a bit at Canute mate, at least with these lot I will not end up ’ covering class 2 holidays ’ or ’ nipping ’ to other depots in my own car etc.

And as I’ve already mentioned, my depot is just around the corner. It looks like a good set-up IMO.

Well its true mate,mention esl or agency on here and theres hell on with folk throwing tantrums ,dont they realise its done on purpose to get the reaction that they always give ffs,back on the esl subject yea mate if it makes sense go for it ,hope your lorry dunt have a name like doris mildred gwandaloop or some of the names on the fleet :grimacing: :wink: