Greedy Fat (zb)

Since ive been driving and getting up regular at 3-4 am all i find myself doing is eating, im either un greggs or the maccies at 5 am gospel every morning, followed by a butty van or chippy later on and another takeout if on a night out all washed down with a few ales, im turning into a fat ■■■■■■■, whst tips have any of you got to keep the pounds off and eat well and often in the process, im becoming to love food to much :slight_smile:

Eat more chips:lol:

This…^^^^

As the farming / potato industry is struggling at the moment. :wink:

Pimpdaddy:
Eat more chips:lol:

cant let my pants out no more and ive lost 0.5 mpg on my fuel score, if i carry on our place will have to leave pallet behind every trip or else ill be over loaded on the front axle

Plugster:
whst tips have any of you got to keep the pounds off…

Stop going to Greggs and McDonalds every morning you fat ■■■■.

Eat less, move more.

Healthier eating would be a start. Try to get some meals with veg in them, all the fast food will hasten your departure.

I have 2 big meals a day. We have a no stopping on route policy (which I occasionally ignore) so I have to eat when I can. Coming home after a 12 hour shift when I haven’t eat for 7 or 8 hours, it’s hard to not raid the fridge when i get home.

Been blessed with fast metabolism though so I’m not a big bifter like a lot of truckers :grimacing:

I feel and share your pain mucker :slight_smile:

I only weighed under 12 stone the whole time I was in the army (13 years).

I have put on 3 stone slowly over 2 years.
I just can’t shake any weight off and trying to watch what am eating.

Always trying to get active trying get out the cab all the time.

But feel I’m at ma losing battle as driving must be one of the laziest jobs.

I try to eat 2 meals a day ,breakfast and around 6ish ,snack on 2 apples thru the day ,1 bottle of lucazade because i dont take sugar ,and a coffee when i can does me fine ,i dont sit firing snap down me sat on my fat arse thats asking for trouble :laughing:

Just embrace your new finer figure, tell yourself you are a fine specimen of the human race enough and you will believe it, forget these non believers, they know nothing. Welcome to the not so exclusive club. :smiling_imp:

I usually take a sandwich for lunch,but in between I have sliced oranges and apples prepared the night before and put in the fridge,also chew gum takes the craving away

Make the McD a once a week thing as a treat. Have something like porridge for breakfast for sustained sugar release. Chop a banana into it.

Lose any white bread for sandwiches etc and go for whole meal , stopped my IBS instantly.

If you can really be arsed, get some army surplus webbing and rocket packs (day sacks) and put bottled water in them from the tap, and if you have a regular stopping place go for a run. If you get thirsty you have a drink ready. Most practical if tramping as you can fling the lot in the passenger footwell during the day.

My Mrs makes me home cooked chilli, curry, scouse, lasagne and the like, I nuke them for lunch about 11 then about 3 I have a tub of cut up fruit, melon, grapes, pineapple blueberries and strawberry. When out I have a few tubs in the fridge, oh and I sneak ■■■■ like Mars bars in she don’t know about :laughing:

Plugster:
Since ive been driving and getting up regular at 3-4 am all i find myself doing is eating, im either un greggs or the maccies at 5 am gospel every morning, followed by a butty van or chippy later on and another takeout if on a night out all washed down with a few ales, im turning into a fat [zb], whst tips have any of you got to keep the pounds off and eat well and often in the process, im becoming to love food to much :slight_smile:

So how long are you driving so we might be able to tell how fat you are

It’s an easy trap to fall into I think. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary pressure is telling your belly to fill itself when the opportunity arises. In today’s world that opportunity is omnipresent. Understanding the requirement to mentally overcome this instinct is the first step in my opinion.

I dropped around forty pounds in six months recently by sticking with complex whole grain carbohydrates, vegetables and plenty of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth. It’s difficult to get used to initially, but one or two weeks in and the fast food loses it’s appeal.

brucehumblehand:
It’s an easy trap to fall into I think. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary pressure is telling your belly to fill itself when the opportunity arises. In today’s world that opportunity is omnipresent. Understanding the requirement to mentally overcome this instinct is the first step in my opinion.

I dropped around forty pounds in six months recently by sticking with complex whole grain carbohydrates, vegetables and plenty of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth. It’s difficult to get used to initially, but one or two weeks in and the fast food loses it’s appeal.

So what are you saying there is :- 'if yer ‘ungry you eat, but try not to overdue it’. ■■ Sounds a less posh way of saying the same thing :open_mouth:

raymundo:

brucehumblehand:

So what are you saying there is :- 'if yer ‘ungry you eat, but try not to overdue it’. ■■ Sounds a less posh way of saying the same thing :open_mouth:

More or less, yes. It takes a lot of will power though.

there are plenty of fat bar stewards in the driving game, are you the type that shows there crack of there arse when they get in and out of the cab ?
can you still see your knob ?

how about getting a job that involves handball and a bit of sweat ? that might help you slim down a bit ?

Just remember to tell the wife you now have 15 stone to bang it in with!

Ken.

I think it would be great if places like Tesco and anywhere else you have to sit around for hours waiting built some exercise facilities!!! Kill the Bordem and help keep us all fitter!!! You would think it would only help keep us all going longer in life and stop people being sick so often and retiring earlier due to ill health. I understand not everyone would use it but I bet there’s a fair few who would even if it’s just a walk on the treadmill for a hour with a telly on somewhere. Would help to keep the unwanted pounds off too!!! The biggest reason I couldn’t go tramping is I would miss the gym to much and be overweight way to quick which lets be honest the ladys don’t want that when we get back at the weekend! I think it would be great in services too! They charge enough!!! After being sat down all day would do us all good!!! Also think your meal vouchers when pay for parking should try and have a healthier alternative that McDonald’s kfc or bk. just what I think!!! When u can’t look down and see the fella who gives your lady a good time it’s bad news!!! Won’t be long until she will be looking for a younger fitter model who can pick her up and give her what she wants!!!