Great Wall / Fiat Chrysler

Heard on the radio this afternoon that Great Wall, a Chinese motor manufacturer, has approached Fiat Chrysler to offer to take it over. Do Fiat still own Iveco? Would this make them the owner of Iveco or is that a separate company now?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

IndigoJo:
Heard on the radio this afternoon that Great Wall, a Chinese motor manufacturer, has approached Fiat Chrysler to offer to take it over. Do Fiat still own Iveco? Would this make them the owner of Iveco or is that a separate company now?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I think Fiat cars and Iveco are a seperate co now but I may be wrong here.
Iveco stands for Industrial vehicle co afaik, it used to incorporate Magirus Deutz also.
Whether or not they are still connected, not sure,… so I aint much use to you mate. :laughing:

I think Ford and Iveco are all ■■■■■■■ together? Chrysler bought out Opel aka Vauxhall recently didn’t they?
Wonder how Pres Trump will like Chinese ownership of Jeep?!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Iveco and Ford did have a partnership with commercial vehicles but that ended years ago, Opel and Vauxhall have been/ are being bought by someone else, french I think.
I didn’t know that Fiat and Chrysler were in bed together, last I remember was that Daimler (owners of Mercedes Benz) bought Chrysler a few years ago but that might have gone awry since.

Just read on the interweb thingy that Great Wall are only interested in buying the Jeep business, not the whole of Fiat.

GORDON 50:
Iveco and Ford did have a partnership with commercial vehicles but that ended years ago, Opel and Vauxhall have been/ are being bought by someone else, french I think.
I didn’t know that Fiat and Chrysler were in bed together, last I remember was that Daimler (owners of Mercedes Benz) bought Chrysler a few years ago but that might have gone awry since.

Peugeot bought Opel/Vauxhall earlier this year. Chrysler did a deal with Fiat to extend their range to small cars, I think.
Daimler separated from Chrysler in 2007, it seemed an unlikely partnership in the first place.

Iveco are still owned by Fiat

Buckstones:

GORDON 50:

Peugeot bought Opel/Vauxhall earlier this year. Chrysler did a deal with Fiat to extend their range to small cars, I think.
Daimler separated from Chrysler in 2007, it seemed an unlikely partnership in the first place.

Fiat owned 50% of Chrysler with the option to buy the rest. They were left with no choice when Chrysler were on the brink, Fiat were effectively forced to take them over. Ever since the Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne has been desperately trying to merge Fiat with another big car maker, none interested so far. Interestingly FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) is HQ’d in London

The ownership of iveco is a bit complicated these days. As i understand it, iveco together with Fiat Agri are part of CNH (Case New Holland), this a public company registered in the Netherlands but with its administrative head office in London, operational control in Turin and it’s shares are traded on the New York stock exchange. However even though it’s a public company a huge slice of the shares are owned by the Agnelli family, who of course own Fiat.

switchlogic:

Buckstones:

GORDON 50:

Fiat owned 50% of Chrysler with the option to buy the rest. They were left with no choice when Chrysler were on the brink, Fiat were effectively forced to take them over. Ever since the Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne has been desperately trying to merge Fiat with another big car maker, none interested so far. Interestingly FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) is HQ’d in London

FCA’s HQ is in slough switchlogic ,went there to pick up goodwood tickets

I blame Jalopnik, the American site I got the HQ info! Everywhere in England is London to those blasted Americans. Thanks for the correction

switchlogic:
I blame Jalopnik, the American site I got the HQ info! Everywhere in England is London to those blasted Americans. Thanks for the correction

LOL Ididnt want it sound as if I know best ,as like a lot of companies they have something in London …The road may be called London road …but don’t quote me on that

The Chinese own Volvo after buying it from Ford.I sometimes drive a BMC coach that is made in Turkey. I watched some film footage from China and the samme coach was there but called a King Long a Chinese maker of buses and Coaches.There had better not be another world war as we dont know who owns or makes what nowadays.

alamcculloch:
The Chinese own Volvo after buying it from Ford.I sometimes drive a BMC coach that is made in Turkey. I watched some film footage from China and the samme coach was there but called a King Long a Chinese maker of buses and Coaches.There had better not be another world war as we dont know who owns or makes what nowadays.

There was a time when countries stuck to certain rules even when at war: Germany paid Vickers royalties for machine guns they manufactured during WW1 under license.

norb:

switchlogic:

LOL Ididnt want it sound as if I know best ,as like a lot of companies they have something in London …The road may be called London road …but don’t quote me on that

There are quite a few “London” establishments in the towns surrounding London; Slough is just outside it (bits of Slough borough are inside the M25, like Colnbrook) and a short train journey from central London and office space is likely to be much cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

Yeah, a lot of the septics think England is in London.

So far it seems,
Paccar wholly owns DAF, who bought Leyland Trucks previously.
Volvo AB Trucks own 13% of Nissan Trucks and wholly own Renault Trucks. Dongfeng (100% Chinese Gov owned) own 45% of Volvo AB. Dongfeng also have an interest in Peugeot/Citroën.
Ford Europe have a 48% share in Iveco.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

good god,fiat are bad enough as they are,i would never touch a fiat unless it was for banger racing,if the Chinese take them over it will be even worse

I know of someone who has one of those Great Wall pickups and the only thing that hasn’t gone wrong on it is the ashtray !!! heap o crap …

I remember when people used to sneer at Japanese cars and motorbikes. “Heap of junk but they have good radios and power windows”; “noisy little things that fall apart at the first pothole”.

If you want a decent car you need an Alvis; You can’t beat a Royal Enfield or BSA - no way. Who would buy a Nissan Cherry or a Honda?