Great North Run - Sunday

My daughter Tamzin is taking part in the Great North Run on Sunday.
The run starts in Newcastle and ends in Tyne and Wear which is 21 kilometres.
She is running for the charity she works for which is Lineham Farm. It is an outdoors activity centre for deprived children and inner city poor kids to have free holidays and is kept going purely by donations.
Wish her luck everyone.
I will be watching it on the TV.
It starts at 10 am and finished - heaven knows when! LOL!
I have sponsored her of course. but have promised to double the money if she comes over the finish line with the first twenty.
She is very fit and has been training all year so there is every chance that she will.
Cheer her on everyone!

What number is she wearing, . . . . . . . . . just in case we spot her??!!

You would have thought that her Mother would support her by running alongside :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I was with her every step of the way - watching closly on the TV and shouting her on :laughing:
Tamzin crossed the line in 2 hours 8 mins which is brilliant. Of course the first twenty places were all taken by the professionals - but I will double her money anyway.
She still had enough energy left to be bubbling with excitement when she rang me to say she had crossed the line and had raised around £600 for Lineham Farm.
I am very proud of her.

a precious moment in life,sounds like youve done a great job…be proud,feel proud :wink: :smiley:

well done the hard part is John Reid Road wich is the last 2/3 miles and it’s a gradual but deceptive incline

official website with Pics

greatrun.org/gallery/preview … h+Run+2007

Congratulations Tamzin.