Gravel run to RAF Cosford

Hi,
When is this this year? I popped in to Cosford and got some pics last year with my lad, and would like to go again!
I know its in May at some point!

Do please try to keep up, Rich! :unamused:
Sunday,17th May. Leave the Saltbox at 0900 taking the A515 & A5, arriving RAF Cosford at about noon.

It was a good do last year. I won’t get to the start, but hope to be at Cosford when they arrive.
Cheers Dave.

TWO official photographic support vehicles at Cosford, Dave? Spoilt for choice! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
TWO official photographic support vehicles at Cosford, Dave? Spoilt for choice! :wink:

Only us and tetragaz last year Casey. We will take some this year. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Sunday,17th May. Leave the Saltbox at 0900 taking the A515 & A5, arriving RAF Cosford at about noon.

Have you got your No 10 out and polished up ROF there maybe a few loads need trimming up and you are exempt from H & S by virtue of age :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Have you got your No 10 out and polished up ROF there maybe a few loads need trimming up and you are exempt from H & S by virtue of age :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Hold on with the shovelwork ROF, I plan to get a new path from the overspill on the A515 bends! :slight_smile:

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Hold on with the shovelwork ROF, I plan to get a new path from the overspill on the A515 bends! :slight_smile:

Pete.

You’ve just reminded me of a number of years in the 80’s when once a year the 8 wheeler Foden tipper from Shap Granite that carted both blue and pink stone from the quarries to the works.This motor was driven by Derek the Landlord of The Greyhound pub at Shap village as his day job.Well on test day they always put 10ton of granite chippings on to the Foden so as we were next door to the Milnthorpe MOT and Derek was a good Pal hic! hic! he asked me one time if I could use 10ton of chippings in the depot save him dragging it back to Shap.Certainly says I but what about some Pink next time :wink: No probs says Derek so for the next two or three years he brought 10ton of good Pink granite.I recovered all my paths around our bungalow and a couple of car parking areas as well !! I’m not sure how much Shap Pink was per ton in the 80’s but the quarry is now closed down.Cheers Bewick.

thanks, Ill be at Cosford with my Camera again! I hope I get a good ■■■■■■■■■■■■ again, I was right on the bottom corner of the Cold War hanger last time!

Bewick:

windrush:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

You’ve just reminded me of a number of years in the 80’s when once a year the 8 wheeler Foden tipper from Shap Granite that carted both blue and pink stone from the quarries to the works.This motor was driven by Derek the Landlord of The Greyhound pub at Shap village as his day job.Well on test day they always put 10ton of granite chippings on to the Foden so as we were next door to the Milnthorpe MOT and Derek was a good Pal hic! hic! he asked me one time if I could use 10ton of chippings in the depot save him dragging it back to Shap.Certainly says I but what about some Pink next time :wink: No probs says Derek so for the next two or three years he brought 10ton of good Pink granite.I recovered all my paths around our bungalow and a couple of car parking areas as well !! I’m not sure how much Shap Pink was per ton in the 80’s but the quarry is now closed down.Cheers Bewick.

I will be following the convoy along the A515 with my wheelbarrow to pick up a couple of hundredweight of “three-quarters to dust” for a project at th’allotment. I should easily keep up with those old oil burners as I will be wearing my turbo-powered wellies. Unless, of course, some participants insist on using their highly-powered artic units solo!

windrush:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Pete.

There’ll be nowt spilling off my lorry Pete, as you can see it’s all sheeted over the headboard, I did hear a rumor that a gentleman from ■■■■■■■ may be arriving at the Salt Box to see how it’s done but as I say it’s only a rumor, I cant confirm his appearance.

Do you remember the “who can spill the most off the side contest” at the end of Ballidon Lane years ago ? I think the main contestants were Andrew Brassington, his driver “Gurney” & the Wibberley brothers.

I know that you will be well sheeted on the run Rob, it will only be those trying to get a quart into a pint pot that will mark the route for those following on the bends through Yoxall! I doubt that Dennis will make the journey South though as, let’s face it, a lot of the entrants will only be driving the front half of a lorry anyway just to avoid making Dennis feel inferior with their excellent sheeting skills. Nowt for him to see or do really, apart from treating you to some snap at the Salt Box if he feels inclined. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
I know that you will be well sheeted on the run Rob, it will only be those trying to get a quart into a pint pot that will mark the route for those following on the bends through Yoxall! I doubt that Dennis will make the journey South though as, let’s face it, a lot of the entrants will only be driving the front half of a lorry anyway just to avoid making Dennis feel inferior with their excellent sheeting skills. Nowt for him to see or do really, apart from treating you to some snap at the Salt Box if he feels inclined. :wink:

Pete.

Quite right Pete :laughing: :laughing: what could possibly attract me to watch a procession of tippers with their bodies covered with a “hankey” fastened with bungees ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: anyhow I hope it will be a decent day for the run and not ■■■■■■■ down,Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

windrush:

Pete.

Quite right Pete :laughing: :laughing: what could possibly attract me to watch a procession of tippers with their bodies covered with a “hankey” fastened with bungees ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: anyhow I hope it will be a decent day for the run and not ■■■■■■■ down,Cheers Dennis.

You know you want to come down really Dennis, if only to see our excellent sheeting skills in Derbyshire, anyway who said owt about bungees ? get your best glasses on & you’ll see my tipper sheet is tied down with best sisal ropes. No room for slack practices down our neck of the woods you know.

Sheeting these tippers is a doddle anyway, it’s just like sheeting up a load of paper or cartons of orange juice (other fruit flavours are available)

So do I take it that we wont have to get a cup of tea in for you at the Salt Box Café Dennis?

Dave the Renegade:
It was a good do last year. I won’t get to the start, but hope to be at Cosford when they arrive.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, Im hoping to get to Cosford myself on the day, So perhaps we might bump into each other as the old saying goes, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, Im hoping to get to Cosford myself on the day, So perhaps we might bump into each other as the old saying goes, Regards Larry.

I will be in one of these Larry. Probably the older one, as Tracy gets better pics out of it, as it hasn’t got tinted glass. Will be good to meet you.
Met tetragaz, Pete Smith, Robert 1970, and Dan Punchard at it last year.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

I will be in one of these Larry. Probably the older one, as Tracy gets better pics out of it, as it hasn’t got tinted glass. Will be good to meet you.
Cheers Dave.

I will be in the old Jaguar, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

I will be in the old Jaguar, Regards Larry.

Nice motor Larry. I will be out of the van when we get there, it was good last year, also a lot of planes in and outside the museum.
Cheers Dave.

Please don’t make the place look untidy with that old cat, Larry. Couldn’t you bring a nice old MG, perhaps?
Seems like there will be more cameras than lorries! :wink: :laughing:

Some of last years wagons at Cosford.