Gravel run to RAF Cosford

I hope they park their cars between the white lines in the supermarket car park better Dave otherwise there will be no room for anyone else? :laughing: Hopefully Rob (1970 Commer) will have Gavin at the wheel, he can park a truck on a sixpence. :wink:

Pete.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Please don’t make the place look untidy with that old cat, Larry. Couldn’t you bring a nice old MG, perhaps?
Seems like there will be more cameras than lorries! :wink: :laughing:

Well ROF I could bring my 1971 MGB GT. But there is more comfort driving the Jag, Plus I will be there and back the same day, Regards Larry.

windrush:
I hope they park their cars between the white lines in the supermarket car park better Dave otherwise there will be no room for anyone else? :laughing: Hopefully Rob (1970 Commer) will have Gavin at the wheel, he can park a truck on a sixpence. :wink:

Pete.

That sixpence will be the only currency Gavin has in his pocket Pete, he doesn’t know if this new decimal currency will catch on really so he thinks he’d best give it a bit of time before he gets rid of all his shillings.

If they wont take them in the Salt Box does that mean I will have to buy breakfast ?

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Please don’t make the place look untidy with that old cat, Larry. Couldn’t you bring a nice old MG, perhaps?
Seems like there will be more cameras than lorries! :wink: :laughing:

Well ROF I could bring my 1971 MGB GT. But there is more comfort driving the Jag, Plus I will be there and back the same day, Regards Larry.

Larry, Some people have no sense of adventure!
Robert, I thought the arrangement was that you were going to buy EVERYONE breakfast this year?

1970commer:
That sixpence will be the only currency Gavin has in his pocket Pete, he doesn’t know if this new decimal currency will catch on really so he thinks he’d best give it a bit of time before he gets rid of all his shillings.

If they wont take them in the Salt Box does that mean I will have to buy breakfast ?

I would have assumed that Gavin, being of a certain age now, would get concessions anyway Robert so it shouldn’t cost you a fortune. Treat him nicely and he might let you have a play with his organ… it’s a big one! :open_mouth: :wink:

Pete.

Just a query -

Are you leaving at 9, or meeting at 9? ('Tis Sunday mornin, y’know!!)

Steve

Ste46:
Just a query -

Are you leaving at 9, or meeting at 9? ('Tis Sunday mornin, y’know!!)

Steve

Meeting at 9 ,leaving after breakfast .

last reminder anyone who would like to bring their lorry just turn up ,any age lorry ,no rules ,all welcome.

Dan Punchard:
last reminder anyone who would like to bring their lorry just turn up ,any age lorry ,no rules ,all welcome.

How long will all of you be staying at Cosford Dan ?
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Dan Punchard:

Cheers Dave.

If I see you there Dave i’ll come and say hello,
I’m bringing father inlaw,he’s forgot the smell of diesel since he retired 13 months ago
tonyb

tonyb70:

Dave the Renegade:

Dan Punchard:

Cheers Dave.

If I see you there Dave i’ll come and say hello,
I’m bringing father inlaw,he’s forgot the smell of diesel since he retired 13 months ago
tonyb

Will look forward to meeting you Tony, and you father-in-law.
Cheers Dave.

It looks like being a decent day for it at least as the weather goes to pot again on monday. That chilly wind is still hanging on though, I pity the poor lads with ‘Gardner Power’ under the bonnet and little in the way of a heater! :wink:

Pete.

How many sacks will we see tied over the radiators? :wink:

Some pics from the Salt Box this morning:

Steve

And some more:

Steve

Last two:

Steve

A few more

Joe 009.jpg

Joe 016.jpg

really fed up today , i was all geared up to attending the gathering today and meeting some of you reprobates . alas letter arrived this week with an appointment for the missus at macc hospital at lunchtime . never mind i’ll catch you whenever i can , not forgetting i owe rof a breakfast . cheers , dave

Blimey, now I realise that the pall of black smoke rising over the top of Bolehill this morning wasn’t from a factory chimney after all but originated from the Derby/Staffs borders courtesy of those old ■■■■■■■ engines! :open_mouth:

Good to see that Tommy Babb has finished that Mickey Mouse cabbed two stroke mixer at last, for the past couple of years it has just been shown in chassis/cab form at the Bamford Rally but he was hoping to get it completed over winter.

Pete.

Ste46:
Some pics from the Salt Box this morning:
[10
Steve

The Foden mixer is Foden powered? looks to me to be ex Nickolls of Folkestone. IIRC Winget used to be based alongside the river in Rochester … all ‘studio apartments’ now.