Grassed up!

How’s this then…

In July this year I passed my C+E with a view to working a couple of days a month on agency in order to gain a couple of years experience before looking to move into full time driving, I have approval from my employers to do this, anyway…one of my ‘work colleagues’ has approached VOSA giving them my name, where I work and what I am doing in my spare time stating he thinks I am exceeding working hours.
VOSA have contacted a company manager who has felt the need to start an investigation into this (even though they have approved it) and are liaising with VOSA throughout.
I am very fussy about ensuring my hours are fully within the law, the agencies I work with have details of all the hours I work outside of driving for them and I always carry tacho sheets and my last 2 weeks timesheets just in case of a VOSA check.
Just goes to show you can’t trust the people you work with. Is it jealousy or just spite? :frowning:

Tazbug

It’s just an interfering prick with nothing better to do, if you’re legal no worries just make it known at work loudly that some sad ■■■■ reported you for nothing

Probably a bit of both mate.

Just keep those infringements to a minimum and it’ll all blow over before you know it.

Some people should get themselves a hobby and keep their nose out of other peoples business :slight_smile:

mutley:
…just make it known at work loudly that some sad [zb] reported you for nothing

I’ve done this before. If you call them enough rude names etc, said person tends to get quite irritated because they want to respond, but can’t.
Eventually they’ll drop themselves in it.

Im afraid you will encounter these type in all walks of life, if your all above board dont worry, the person that reported you is probably jealous of you and that you might have a better life style than them through your hard work, just ignore it if you can.

What do you expect…

just class it as a practice run …cos folks on here will tell you, as well …there is some orrible 8 faced,grassin [zb], in Transport

Jeez what a scumbag.

I have friends in this job but I wouldn’t tell them anything I wouldn’t tell my boss. When people turn round and tell you how they hang the job out etc and park up close to the drop so it looks like there waiting, just nod and say oh rite/yeah etc.

mutley:
It’s just an interfering prick with nothing better to do, if you’re legal no worries just make it known at work loudly that some sad [zb] reported you for nothing

+1 what a [zb]

Tazbug:
I always carry tacho sheets and my last 2 weeks timesheets just in case of a VOSA check.

Please remember that timesheets are not regarded as an official record for ‘other work’ in a week where you came under EU regs

Hiya a few years ago i worked for a buxton firm…this copper from stoke was always doing
a couple of days here and their for a few bob in his hand.
whats on with these do gooders craping on folk nowadays… tell him to go and work for vosa
he seems the right type to work for that lot.
John

Twice I have used my truck as a float for a local carnival, as this was personal use and IMHO I did not need to use the tacho. (Before digital) But some guy that I had upset once rang the police and reported me, I was investigated by the Police and VOSA but no further action was taken, not even a caution. Neither VOSA or the Police would tell me if I had actually done anything wrong, I don’t think the knew for sure :laughing:
Just to clarify, on the Friday afternoon my truck was left with the team that were going to decorate it for the carnival on Saturday afternoon and dropped back there after the carnival where I collected if from on Monday morning, I was driving it for less than 2 hours at around 3 MPH and with a Police ■■■■■■!

chicane:

mutley:
+1 what a [zb]

Rule number one, loose lips costs lives! :open_mouth: next time, tell him you go to the pub for a few liveners, then make sure he sees you drinking little glasses of water! :sunglasses: just as you go out, wipe your lips and go " aahhh that foreign vodka was bobbins " then go and drive off in your wagon! :grimacing: the guys a Pr1ck! :unamused: :grimacing:

I find it really frustrating that you cant trust your oppos.Either tell them nothing or tell them you were doing long shifts on agency all weekend and you were rat Rsed as well.

ROG:

Tazbug:
I always carry tacho sheets and my last 2 weeks timesheets just in case of a VOSA check.

Please remember that timesheets are not regarded as an official record for ‘other work’ in a week where you came under EU regs

Oooh, thanks Rog. Excuse my newness but …do I assume coming under EU regs means going intoEurope? and if so, what evidence would I need to carry with me? If not, want do I need in Blighty?

Thanks for the responses everyone, I’ll let you know how it develops
Tazbug

Nobody likes a grass, make sure you find out who and let everybody know. Keep an eye on his tyre tread depths and tax disc expiry! Lol

By the sounds of it you have nothing to worry about, and can you imagine how ■■■■■■ off your tell tale will be when VOSA say the same. :laughing:

These sad characters are in ever job, they are consumed with jealously and hatred, especially of people who get on with the job. Don’t worry about them, you can feel sorry for the sad little life they have though. :laughing:

Martin:
Twice I have used my truck as a float for a local carnival, as this was personal use and IMHO I did not need to use the tacho. (Before digital) But some guy that I had upset once rang the police and reported me, I was investigated by the Police and VOSA but no further action was taken, not even a caution. Neither VOSA or the Police would tell me if I had actually done anything wrong, I don’t think the knew for sure :laughing:
Just to clarify, on the Friday afternoon my truck was left with the team that were going to decorate it for the carnival on Saturday afternoon and dropped back there after the carnival where I collected if from on Monday morning, I was driving it for less than 2 hours at around 3 MPH and with a Police ■■■■■■!

I did a few of them and always put a tacho in and wrote private use, carnival or whatever on it. Never had a problem with the Police or VOSA doing this.

Cold Up North:
Nobody likes a grass, make sure you find out who and let everybody know. Keep an eye on his tyre tread depths and tax disc expiry! Lol

I would keep it to myself, have a chat to the guy eye ball to eye ball nice and calm and civilized, you want to progress, good things happen to good people.