Got test next week help me please!

lo all am new to all this am teaching up in Chelmsford hanbury test center on class c for the next few weeks is there anyone here got any test routes or areas of concern there ? Any help would be nose helpful
Mark :smiley:

eddy9407:
lo all am new to all this am teaching up in Chelmsford hanbury test center on class c for the next few weeks is there anyone here got any test routes or areas of concern there ? Any help would be nose helpful
Mark :smiley:

You do realise this post is 5year old

I done my training & test in Chelmsford no concerns at all but I did have a good instructor ( John Flair training ) so knew a lot of them in fact the test route I done was 1 we had covered a few times

I’ll reiterate the above by saying: Grow a Pair! :grimacing:

Which more politely translates to: Have more confidence in yourself! :wink:

Best of luck! :smiley:

hello everyone i have got my cat C test next week and i need some help i have been trying to find videos on
hgvs takin corners etc like advanced hgv drving but can not seem to find one anywhere!!!

could someone please post some links to some info on here regardingt tips and stuff like that
also ive heard from a mate of mine who is a motorbike examiner that because of the influx of eastern european drivers
it is getting really hard to pass these tests has anyone heard anything similar? :confused:
i have had people in pubs saying that they have failed the hgv test like 6 times !!! and this is really worrying
as im starting to think i have wasted my money can someone shed some light into what is going on please
i would appreciate it a lot !!!

thanks
:smiley:

Hiyyaaa westhamtrucker, you say that you have your test booked for next week :question: your first paragraph worries me a little :exclamation: If you have had good training you should be fine, however if there is anything you are ‘unsure of’, now would be a good time (before your test) to ask your trainer :bulb: so they can help you to get your pass !! & welcome :smiley:

Welcome :slight_smile:

westhamtrucker:
i have had people in pubs saying that they have failed the hgv test like 6 times !!! thanks

Not impossible but like lots of “pub talk” not the exact truth as six tests is not the norm :smiley: .

Psychic
lass:
Hiyyaaa westhamtrucker, you say that you have your test booked for next week :question: your first paragraph worries me a little :exclamation: If you have had good training you should be fine, however if there is anything you are ‘unsure of’, now would be a good time (before your test) to ask your trainer :bulb: so they can help you to get your pass !! & welcome :smiley:

Blimey bonnie lass, that’s just about what I was going to write :open_mouth:, so I fixed your quoted username a bit just for this post. :grimacing: :grimacing:
( But you did beat me to it fair and square :wink: )

Hi westhamtrucker,

Have you considered going to a local industrial estate for a while and just watching the trucks come and go?
:bulb: That would be far better than the rather sterile view from somebody’s camera on YouTube. :wink:

Have you actually started your training yet please?

Hi ya and welcome

First of all take a deep breath ! Ur panicking and u don’t need to your instructer will answer any questions u have and will show u how to drive the truck safely and will get u around those corners that’s what he is there for listen to him and do as he says and on ur test get a good nights sleep and then all you have to do is concentrate for about an hour and you will of cracked it good luck and try not to worry so much enjoy it

All the best

Jennie x

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: Just take your time and watch out for the kerbs! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

dieseldave:

Psychic
lass:

Blimey bonnie lass, that’s just about what I was going to write :open_mouth:, so I fixed your quoted username a bit just for this post. :grimacing: :grimacing:
( But you did beat me to it fair and square :wink: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

thanks for your posts everyone i have had some training yes and i have asked all the questions that worry me
like hitting kerbs etc and round abouts i feel pretty confident but my trainer seems to like knocking my confidence
has anyone else had any experiences like this?

i have read loads on this forum and ive got to say it is very helpful
i am just going to relax and drive to the best of my ability i hope i pass as i have a job waiting for me !!!

diesel dave i am going to go and watch some trucks in action i have also
covered the main mirror in my car so i am only using side mirrors any more tips anyone >? :confused:

westhamtrucker:
thanks for your posts everyone i have had some training yes and i have asked all the questions that worry me
like hitting kerbs etc and round abouts i feel pretty confident but my trainer seems to like knocking my confidence
has anyone else had any experiences like this?

Hi westhamtrucker,
I’m very careful when I comment on other instructors, because each one has their own style and individuality (as do their trainees. :wink: )
I’ll say this in general though… some instructors do what I call ‘knock-down, build-back up’ which deos work with some trainees.
Whether that’s justifed in your case, I’m sorry but I’ve no idea.

westhamtrucker:
i have read loads on this forum and ive got to say it is very helpful

We all do our best. :smiley:

westhamtrucker:
i am just going to relax and drive to the best of my ability i hope i pass as i have a job waiting for me !!!

IMHO, that’s a great approach to have and please keep us informed, cos we’re rootin’ for ya!! :smiley:

westhamtrucker:
diesel dave i am going to go and watch some trucks in action i have also
covered the main mirror in my car so i am only using side mirrors any more tips anyone >? :confused:

It sounds to me that you’ve got most things covered, but to find out whether your concern with corners is a cause for some extra practice, I’d like to ask whether you’re clipping kerbs with your rear wheels particularly on left turns please?

If so, your instructor should be able to show you how to correct that.
If my little guess is correct and not having seen you drive, my very general advice would be be that you plan a little further ahead and (safely) take a little more road to your right on approach, then ‘reach’ slightly further before you start to turn the steering wheel.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

okay this is the problem
i am not hitting kerbs and i am generally okay at round abouts but what i do find is that at some tight junctions
and narrow roads im abit concerned about the size of the truck i.e passing people etc especially if i see another
truck from the opposite side of the road

and left and right turns im concerned about cars waiting to come out from the junction
i.e will i hit them as i turn into the side road etc ! :open_mouth:

the training firm im with seem a bit unprofessional AND I HAVE LEARNT A LOT MORE
from reading this forum, the guy im training with has failed several times and he seems to be
a really good driver he has actually hit some kerbs and i know thats an instant fail

is there a link where i can download the test routes for chelmsford?
this wold be a big help as i would like to drive round them on my own and note any tight
turns or dodgy tight roads

also my instructor says i have a tendency to bully other drivers !!!
i know i have to slow down when i pass over vehicles on tight roads but i am worried if i slow down to much i will be marked
for not making progress !!!
is this true?

diesel dave you said

then ‘reach’ slightly further before you start to turn the steering wheel.

does this mean go a little further before you turn into the junction ?

westhamtrucker:
diesel dave you said

then ‘reach’ slightly further before you start to turn the steering wheel.

does this mean go a little further before you turn into the junction ?

Yes mate, that’s it exactly. :smiley:

westhamtrucker:
okay this is the problem
i am not hitting kerbs and i am generally okay at round abouts but what i do find is that at some tight junctions
and narrow roads im abit concerned about the size of the truck i.e passing people etc especially if i see another

I can help with narrow roads, I found that if your not ‘getting your eye in’ ie unable to judge the placement of your truck in relation to the width of the road by looking forwards, then look backwards at where you’ve just come from. By looking in the mirrors it gives you a pretty good idea at your placement by referencing where the back wheels are in relation to the kerb and/or white line.

MADBAZ:

westhamtrucker:
okay this is the problem

I can help with narrow roads, I found that if your not ‘getting your eye in’ ie unable to judge the placement of your truck in relation to the width of the road by looking forwards, then look backwards at where you’ve just come from. By looking in the mirrors it gives you a pretty good idea at your placement by referencing where the back wheels are in relation to the kerb and/or white line.

okay thanks mad baz i think that will help me as i am only just realising how important your mirrors are !!!
i will be using your method on my test !

Hi mate, try and relax on test day, plan ahead and take your driving nice and steady, keep within the limits ect, but slow your driving right down at difficult junctions and spots extra. Also at difficult passing places or tight to get through areas they are looking for you to take a steady and safe approch, slow it right down and keep checking in those mirrors!! Seems that you are ok and not hitting any kurbs so thats good :slight_smile: If you give the examiner a good drive then you can be confident you have a good chance at passing. I know when i was doing my Cat C i would watch youtube videos of LGV’s driving/training ect, i find it helped me alot and in general im a truck nut anyway, here are a few if you would like to watch?

Official DSA LGV practical test - Are you ready? (1 of 2)

youtube.com/watch?v=CRugJOvV06w

Official DSA LGV practical test - Are you ready? (2 of 2)

youtube.com/watch?v=w4GfZ0_K … re=channel

Hope you pass your test mate, keep us informed, hope all goes well :slight_smile:

relax westham trucker,it sounds like youre getting yourself in a bit of a tiz.dont get too hung up on wether u pass or fail,when youre ready u will pass,simple as that.ps.hitting the kurb doesnt necessarily mean u fail.cool baby cool :sunglasses: