Got my first HGV Job...

LukeFR:
Evening All,

I put myself through my HGV Class 1 just over a year ago and done a bit of work via agencies, but been yesterday I was offered a full time tramping position at a company local to myself which includes work all over the UK and various parts of Europe also.

I’ll be getting an '08 Scania R420 Topline to start with, but they should be getting replaced over the next 18 months too.

I can’t wait to get started now, dunno what going rate is for tramping?

Cheers

Whaddya need money for■■?

Oh yeah, to buy bits… :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

This may help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

Chuck the AA Drivers atlas and substitute a copy of this;

And a diary with pics is compulsory on TN.

Ken.

animal:
This may help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

well done ang

tfft.

Good luck mate

LukeFR:
Thanks all.

Just buying a few stuff now.

Get yourself a paper bridge height map. And wet wipes.
Congrats.
Enjoy mate, let us know how you get on. :smiley:

Thanks all, really appreciate all of your comments.

I’m counting days to Wednesday now, wish I was starting tomorrow :slight_smile:

Well done, if you go to Europe be sure to have an attestation activity letter with you to show the traffic officers if you have no tacho records for the last 28 days, your boss should print a form on the internet for you, the fine is from 2000 to 3000 euros without it.
Carry blank CMR forms for your loading points, most factories may have the CMR done for you, but not all do.
If you wear glasses, you need to carry a spare pair for Spain, and check which countries require two warning triangles for breakdowns, one in front of the truck and one behind it.
Also the wearing of high viz vest/jacket when you are broken down.
A few basic tools to get you out of trouble, a spare suzi line, electric lines for the trailer, in case they get stolen or broken.
Buy a book that lists the Rouitier restaurants in France, free parking good value and quality food.
Find the website that lists all the truck bans, and they start the evening before the holiday starts, so planning the journey time for ferry bookings will have to be calculated.Some cab door locks would be a good idea, some tie the cab doors with ratchet straps at night, but if there was a fire, there is no time to get out.

While I understand your excitement at getting your new job you do need to remember to check things such as wages first it’s no good working all week just to say I have sat in a truck, and don’t spend money on things for the truck that you cannot take with you if you leave some jobs sound good to start with but after first week you think what am I doing here.

toby1234abc:
Well done, if you go to Europe be sure to have an attestation activity letter with you to show the traffic officers if you have no tacho records for the last 28 days, your boss should print a form on the internet for you, the fine is from 2000 to 3000 euros without it.
Carry blank CMR forms for your loading points, most factories may have the CMR done for you, but not all do.
If you wear glasses, you need to carry a spare pair for Spain, and check which countries require two warning triangles for breakdowns, one in front of the truck and one behind it.
A few basic tools to get you out of trouble, a spare suzi line, electric lines for the trailer, in case they get stolen or broken.
Buy a book that lists the Rouitier restaurants in France, free parking good value and quality food.
Find the website that lists all the truck bans, and they start the evening before the holiday starts, so planning the journey time for ferry bookings will have to be calculated.Some cab door locks would be a good idea, some tie the cab doors with ratchet straps at night, but if there was a fire, there is no time to get out.

And breathe

And don’t forget to buy a Bertie!! Onward!!!>>>>>>

Remember your eyes are your window on the world…watch and learn.And after 40 years I have enjoyed it,still do,on occasions a great laugh.just learn to walk before
you try running.

mac12:
While I understand your excitement at getting your new job you do need to remember to check things such as wages first it’s no good working all week just to say I have sat in a truck, and don’t spend money on things for the truck that you cannot take with you if you leave some jobs sound good to start with but after first week you think what am I doing here.

do you also ■■■■ on the kids fireworks :imp:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

toby1234abc:

And breathe

okey,do you have to carry breathalyzers in france now?

green456:

mac12:

Classic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

green456:

mac12:

No but driving a '08 Scania R420 Topline without being paid will not pay his bills

Brilliant stuff great news. My only advice is to enjoy it and have fun. Its a great job.

mac12:

green456:

mac12:

No but driving a '08 Scania R420 Topline without being paid will not pay his bills

But he’s just passed his test, this’ll be valuable experience & jobs are scarce at this time of year, so a good on ya kid from me.
Remember ; 1 door always leads to another… :sunglasses:

good luck with the new job . and always remember if your prepared to work for the money they have offered. it dont realy matter what anyone else thinks :laughing: :laughing: