Got my first HGV Job...

Evening All,

I put myself through my HGV Class 1 just over a year ago and done a bit of work via agencies, but been yesterday I was offered a full time tramping position at a company local to myself which includes work all over the UK and various parts of Europe also.

I’ll be getting an '08 Scania R420 Topline to start with, but they should be getting replaced over the next 18 months too.

I can’t wait to get started now, dunno what going rate is for tramping?

Cheers

That is very good news. Good luck.

Well done mate.

As for the rate, depends where in the country you are but you’d probably be looking at £450-£500 a week being paid into the bank inc night out money.

Well done that man.

Turned out a good xmas for you then.

Ken.

Congrats matey!!

I also have been passed for about a year and up until 6months ago I was doing ■■■■ work I hated and being taken for a ride regarding wages and working conditions.

Now I’m in a really good tramping job that I enjoy so I know your excitement :slight_smile:

Good luck !!

well done brother rubber, welcome to the tramping world. good luck. :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

tango boy:
well done brother rubber,

“Brother rubber?”

(Yes I know where it comes from.)

Ken.

Thanks all, I start on Wednesday 2nd January and I already know my first journey is to Dundee, followed by another journey to Stoke. Fun and games :smiley:

I need to start researching stuff, really want to buy few stuff for my truck too.

great news luke,europe as well huh,never had the nuts to try europe,good luck…use search bar for some good european driving posts.

Great news I look forward to hearing what you buy and how good / bad it is. Also updates in your first few weeks on how your getting on! :smiley:

Well done mate…enjoy your new job.

Stay safe. :sunglasses:

Congrats, stay safe and have fun :slight_smile:

silly sod lol
well done

Well done and good luck.

Thanks all.

Just buying a few stuff now.

LukeFR:
Thanks all.

dont forget the ■■■■ :wink: :smiley:

tango boy:

LukeFR:
Thanks all.

dont forget the ■■■■ :wink: :smiley:

Or a good mobile data package :laughing:

LukeFR:
I need to start researching stuff, really want to buy few stuff for my truck too.

Take a few Tesco carrier bags and some kitchen towel and you’ll be sorted for the wake-up ritual :wink:

Haha must buy an external hard drive then…

Harry Monk:

LukeFR:

Take a few Tesco carrier bags and some kitchen towel and you’ll be sorted for the wake-up ritual :wink:

wet wipes are ace if you cant get a shower :slight_smile: