Got moaned at

Jingle Jon:
Fwiw, I speak several languages, English is my 4th. I have to say, there’s little more amusing than watching an idiot thinking he’s twice as smart as he is.

English is my first language but have spoken French and Spanish for a lot of years now…but…would never dare try picking up on any so called typo’s in the latter two lingo’s, the odds on me being correct would just not be in my favour… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Jingle Jon:
Fwiw, I speak several languages, English is my 4th. I have to say, there’s little more amusing than watching an idiot thinking he’s twice as smart as he is.

English is my first language but have spoken French and Spanish for a lot of years now…but…would never dare try picking up on any so called typo’s in the latter two lingo’s, the odds on me being correct would just not be in my favour… :grimacing:

Indeed, and in fact… picking up typos in any language (notwithstanding for fun) is to the wrong in this environment - taking into consideration the wide range of reasoning etc.

Wtf is this thread all about now exactly? :unamused:

robroy:

Evolution :smiley:

Or as a famous French philosopher once said: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.”

robroy:

I think the children are having a little spat.

Fincham:

robroy:

No, it’s evolved into a place for people with FA to say to increase their post count. :unamused:

Jingle Jon:

Fincham:

robroy:

No, it’s evolved into a place for people with FA to say to increase their post count. :unamused:

Would you like me to remove my comment then?

Fincham:

Jingle Jon:

Fincham:

robroy:

Would you like me to remove my comment then?

Why should I care? You own it.

Jingle Jon:

peterm:
I think you meant ‘on fora’ :laughing:

Same thing, although fora is more commonly used: it will all be over bozos head: thefreedictionary.com/Fori

It doesn’t matter whether it is IN or ON. Forum is a Latin second declension neuter noun. IN and ON need to be followed by the noun in the Ablative case which in the plural is ForIS.

I am a member of this Fori, but a member of several Fororum. But that’s all a load of bollox today anyway and my brain is beginning to hurt now. :smiley:

Pedantic English: two Fora.

Putabam nos scribere Anglorum non Latinum?

Don’t worry I’m off to tend my floribundae. :smiley:

Jingle Jon:

robroy:

Evolution :smiley:

Or as a famous French philosopher once said: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.”

He also drop kicked a spectator in the crowd if it’s the same ‘famous French philosopher’ I’m thinking of.

Illegitmi non carborundum whilst we’re going all Latin.

the maoster:
Illegitmi non carborundum whilst we’re going all Latin.

Roman’s they go the house?

Now write it out a hundred times or I’ll cut yer balls off.

Bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us…?

the maoster:
Bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us…?

A5 :slight_smile:

cav551:
I am a member of this Fori, but a member of several Fororum. But that’s all a load of bollox today anyway and my brain is beginning to hurt now. :smiley:

Pedantic English: two Fora.

Indeedi or should that be indeeda… :smiley:

I think it’s generally a bone of contention wether or not ‘fori’ is indeed a true word (or other) outside of this environment… should probably be ifor. But essentially it is inconsequential - doesn’t matter, or is all the same to a blind man on a galloping horse.

At the end of the day we are truck/lorry/wagon drivers, not wordsmiths. Some of us have a much greater command of language or linguistics than the other. But this is not what makes us smart and that was my point. Hence the famous French philosopher…

When we post in forums / fori / fora… who gives a flying FFFF if the odd letter is badly typed or spelled incorrectly… with the exception of people like Darkside, who is clearly seeking someone to bully or someone over whom he (with his feeble mind) can appear to be more gifted in the smarts dept - he’ll struggle with that.

In short, picking up people on typos in order to give them s**t is a major example of his stupidity… close but no replacement for assumption… the mother of…

robroy:
He also drop kicked a spectator in the crowd if it’s the same ‘famous French philosopher’ I’m thinking of.

I’m pretty sure he was an all round genius with flare! :open_mouth:

Jingle Jon:
I think it’s generally a bone of contention wether or not ‘fori’ is indeed a true word (or other) outside of this environment… .

I know mate, I’ve spent many a sleepless night pondering over this. :open_mouth:

Full marks for turning this into the most boring ■■■■ thread …ever. :neutral_face:

robroy:

Jingle Jon:
I think it’s generally a bone of contention wether or not ‘fori’ is indeed a true word (or other) outside of this environment… .

I know mate, I’ve spent many a sleepless night pondering over this. :open_mouth:

Full marks for turning this into the most boring [zb] thread …ever. :neutral_face:

No worries Rob, and thanks for your help… couldn’t have done it without your one liners! :smiley: