Got a bridge tomorrow to go under

Hi all my new job is going great but I am suffering bridge anxiety.
I got someone in a services to get there height stick out the other day and with a 20 foot container the height was 13 foot 6.

I am having a 40 foot container on tomorrow and have a 14 foot bridge to go under.
Does anybody know if the docks at Southampton have a measure stick?

Really worried thanks in advance Thomas

Tape measure in your kit is essential mate. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

What’s the box code (I’ve forgotten the name) 42G1 or 45G1. 13" 6’ and 14" 6’ respectively.

No height measuring in Southampton.

When you get the box on, if it says 42G1 on the back door (under the container number) you will be 13’6" the same as a 20ft. If it says 45G1, then you’ll be 14’6". This is called a 40ft high cube.

DJC:
What’s the box code (I’ve forgotten the name) 42G1 or 45G1. 13" 6’ and 14" 6’ respectively.

Depends on fifth wheel height.

Make sure you wear your hi-viz Thomas whilst driving under the bridge for the ultimate in box jockey chic.

It’s the must have look for Autumn 2016.

Which bridge…where?

eagerbeaver:
Make sure you wear your hi-viz Thomas whilst driving under the bridge for the ultimate in box jockey chic.

It’s the must have look for Autumn 2016.

You mean so he satisfies the company HS policy when he’s standing there scratching his head after he has clobbered the bridge?

Drift:

DJC:

We already know the height of that from the initial 20ft measurement which will be exactly the same as the lower 42G1 40ft measurement.

You’d need to add 7 inches to make a difference in this situation to be a problem and I don’t know any trailer/unit combos that run at higher heights unless we open up the scania lift axle debate and then it’s only 3.

DJC:

Drift:

DJC:

We already know the height of that from the initial 20ft measurement which will be exactly the same as the lower 42G1 40ft measurement.

You’d need to add 7 inches to make a difference in this situation to be a problem and I don’t know any trailer/unit combos that run at higher heights unless we open up the scania lift axle debate and then it’s only 3.

We’ve just took the fifth wheel from a scania low ride and fitted it to mine to lower the height of the latest trailer I will be dragging around that was originally with the now sold low ride unit.
Ive not pulled boxes so unsure of them, just thought it came into the equation.

montytom:
Really worried

Yeah, me too now :neutral_face:

Thanks all even if some is a ■■■■ take :laughing:
I’ve just had another man check my height and with the middle wheel in the air it’s coming in at 13 foot 8. With an empty 40 foot container.

I know people must think I’m an idiot but I’d rather ask someone and get help rather than being on the news for stacking a lorry.

Again thanks to everyone on here, no matter the questions I ask I always get a helpful answer.
Thanks again Thomas

yourhavingalarf:
Which bridge…where?

I reckon wilton in salisbury A36

blue estate:

yourhavingalarf:
Which bridge…where?

Sorry yes that’s it there’s 2 of them I got told.

montytom:

blue estate:

yourhavingalarf:
Which bridge…where?

Where you heading to ?

blue estate:

montytom:

blue estate:

yourhavingalarf:
Which bridge…where?

Where you heading to ?

Longleat safari park

F-reds:
Tape measure in your kit is essential mate. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

Thanks i have been buying so many things thinking I’ll need them and one important bit of kit I forget it.
I’m not normally this stupid.
I’ll get one as quick as humanly possible.
Thanks again and sorry if I’m coming across silly
Regards Thomas

On the side or back of the container it will have the height 8’ 6’’ for a standard or 9’ 6’’ for a high cube, all you then have to do is measure from the ground (road) to the bottom of the container and add the two together and you have your running height. To be really fussy you measure it when it’s loaded and when it’s empty.

Longleat…

Cut through Wilton, keep right at Barford, turn right at Dinford head north to Wylie and the A303/A36.

good guess blue

Take the A360 Devizes road out up to A303 at stonehenge or just go via Bullington cross