Goole & District Hauliers

F2000 boy:
My first truck came from a haulier at snaith who sold up in about july/aug 1990. think his name was roy sharp :question: maybe someone will correct me on that one. It was a 16.321 man have a picture of it somewhere which i will upload soon. has any body got any pictures of this firm or even remember them :question:

I remember Roy Sharp, but no pictures I’m afraid, seem to think he ran Mercedes too

Just trying to remember some of the Goole hauliers and also from surrounding areas. When I lived in Rawcliffe these were on the go.
Braisbys from Goole who were next door to the old Burtons factory
Boddys from Camblesforth who ran AEC 8 leggers
Baldrys from HOSM
Rooks from Howden
British sugar from Rawcliffe Bridge
Pete Bullen
Carlsberg
Campeys from Selby
Leapers from Riccal
There was one haulier in Rawcliffe who carried sugar beet to Selby and York called Dealtry he had a green leyland comet tipper.
Cliff

First ever Brand new Wagon 1924 Merc still at Reeds

In the money at last C>A>M from Leeds on the Renault Contract Goole

Still based at Goole on same contract but now with Autotrans
After 10 Years out of Truck Driving back in the saddle with D.N.D.

1st of many FH12s at Lewis Tankers Hensall on dry

Hi can any body tell me if Lewis tankers are anythink to do with Norman Lewis who i new in the late sixtys

Nice old list of hauliers, Whatever happened to Campy, A fine fleet of Fodens I nerver see them now,? Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
Nice old list of hauliers, Whatever happened to Campy, A fine fleet of Fodens I nerver see them now,? Regards Larry

There is a Campey thread on here and a few pictures. H Campey wrapped up in the late 90’s but his son now runs some lorries separately

chris everitt:

Hi can any body tell me if Lewis tankers are anythink to do with Norman Lewis who i new in the late sixtys

Lewis Tankers was Norman Lewis Tankers but it has gone through a few hands since Norman retired to the IOM

His son Barry still has a position in the company

Lawrence Dunbar:

Yes Lawrence Campey had a nice fleet of Fodens. I used to run sugar beet into Selby beet factory, I also used to deliver red beetroot to Fletcher’s of Selby , the factory was past the sugar factory on the A19. Does any one remember Fockerby Transport (near Garthorpe) I had a 100 mile B licence off them in the early 60’s regards Big Al

Big Al:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Yes Lawrence Campey had a nice fleet of Fodens. I used to run sugar beet into Selby beet factory, I also used to deliver red beetroot to Fletcher’s of Selby , the factory was past the sugar factory on the A19. Does any one remember Fockerby Transport (near Garthorpe) I had a 100 mile B licence off them in the early 60’s regards Big Al

You may remember this bloke Al.

There is or was Fockerby Hall, were they farmers?

What is or was the name of the commercial vehicle garage? an old mate worked there for years!

Cracking picture, the gent looks very proud ,standing beside this 1930s 3 Ton Bedford, Regards Larry.

No FJ Wright photos on here, any one got any?

You may remember this bloke Al.

There is or was Fockerby Hall, were they farmers?
What is or was the name of the commercial vehicle garage? an old mate worked there for years!
[/quote]
My Dad had a garage in Swinefleet before moving to Crowle where he had a garage behind the White Hart Pub. I remember Reed’s son (could be Barry) and also a driver called Curly. I cannot remember if Brian Cawthorne did’nt drive for them at some time or other. Fockerby Transport was run out of Fockerby Grange by Everett Harrison, I rue the day I got mixed up with him ? regards Big Al

Hiya just a move to page one
John

chris everitt:
First ever Brand new Wagon 1924 Merc still at Reeds

In the money at last C>A>M from Leeds on the Renault Contract Goole

Still based at Goole on same contract but now with Autotrans
After 10 Years out of Truck Driving back in the saddle with D.N.D.

do you remember,rory and his mate gordon,rory named his truck rorys rocket.

A present day haulier from the Goole area P D Tattersall (taken near Buxton)

The very first Truck of Ringrose Howden

Ringrose at work circa 1945

The Man Himself Mr Fred Ringrose

Early Advertisment

Whoops in Bradford Driver G Newsom in trouble

Nearly the right way up

Goole’s West dock with Ringrose men hard at work loading Russian timber

Anyone Know the Driver

The Final Truck on the road

The Ringrose photos were suplied by Matt Wright of Goole his Dad is the Driver standing by the Leyland Comet :smiley: :smiley:

Great pictures mate thanks. I lived quite close to Ringys in Howden and knew many of their drivers.

This looks like Graham Reid who I last saw working in the yard at Reeds of Goole.

I “borrowed” these images off LA Reeds Haulage website, sorry Trevor :wink:

Crendon Concrete

Crendon Load

Mercedes Benz

Mixed Bag

reedstransport.co.uk/index.html

And if you think naming lorries was Stobarts idea, think again, Reedy’s did it bloody years ago

Some of the early truck names were Julie Patricia and Helen Marie Named after the daughters.
Alan Reed named Little Wonder being the first F86 Alan said he called it that as it was a small truck and he wondered what it would be like.
Other trucks were named by the drivers ie; The Atki CHL 896K was named Yorkshire Rose by Bill Peacock

Which haulier had the main contract to haul out of of Fisons at Goole?

georgeking:

Goole BRS did it for a long time I remember because I worked for Advance Roadways who cleaned up bags and restacked it for them.

Fisons new subsidiaries, Doughty Goole Fertilizers Ltd.,
registered in 1939, was formed by merging Doughty Richardson Fertilizers,
a company acquired in 1930 by Fisons, with Goole Tillage Co. Ltd., a
subsidiary of Anglo-Continental Guano Works Ltd., acquired in 1937, with
the object of retaining the brand names of each and providing a parent
company for the administration of the Humber region.

Wheel Nut:

georgeking:

Goole BRS did it for a long time I remember because I worked for Advance Roadways who cleaned up bags and restacked it for them.

Fisons new subsidiaries, Doughty Goole Fertilizers Ltd.,
registered in 1939, was formed by merging Doughty Richardson Fertilizers,
a company acquired in 1930 by Fisons, with Goole Tillage Co. Ltd., a
subsidiary of Anglo-Continental Guano Works Ltd., acquired in 1937, with
the object of retaining the brand names of each and providing a parent
company for the administration of the Humber region.

Thanks Wheel Nut, did Goole BRS have the contract in the mid 80’s? was it exclusive?