Google Maps Street View

Has anybody else tried this new service?
I know its only available in a limited number of cities at the moment, but I’ve just had a scout around london. to find a diversion for the next 10 days, and am impressed to find I can actually see the bridge height signs :smiley: :smiley:

All I can say is Well Done Google Maps.

yeah i used it to suss out a awkward reverse across a busy street that another driver warned me about. when i got there i was calm because id seen it all already!

Yeah I found my house with the car parked outside. I was of sick that day…honestly :blush:

I’ve been using the satellite picutres for a while now, which are much better than the aerial pictures. And I have to say I prefer Live Maps to Google maps as a rule.
However, this new facility is spot on, as it gives a ‘drivers eye view’ rather than a birds eye view.

I’ve checked out most of the local streets but can’t see my cat anywhere, it’s rubbish!!!

its a great feature i was messing about with it the other day

Yep went and looked at our old house where we used to live in North London to see if the new owners were looking after it,wish I still had a key for the front door he he.

Heres a good site with some good pics taken from street view http://www.streetviewfun.com/

i think its brillant but scarey … dont stop me playing with it though.

very good for looking at possible access issues to a drop you not been to before. used it yesterday for a drop in norwich, when i got there i new exactly where i needed to be as i’d seen it on google. all though all the cars were in different places :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

streetviewfun.com/2009/a-spe … to-google/

Why I am not suprised it’s in Edinburgh? :slight_smile:

After few minutes:
Yet another one
streetviewfun.com/2009/scottish-charm/

Has anyone else tried checking your route using google street maps,

not used it myself yet as not had a new drop in london but i tried it on a route that i knew had bridges on and you can clearly see bridge heights on it plus it gives you a very good view of the type of road and any potential obstructions (and before anyone says yes i know it might have changed, but it gives you a better idea than using a road map or sat nav).

Its excelent handy if trying to explain something to some one else.If you have laptop or computer handy just show them pity they didnt have every str in the land.
Used it couple of days ago to show somebody a relatives house in Australia full 360 degree magic. :exclamation: Some people having a bit of a moan about it big brother & all that

dabenji post is from the same subject topic so it has been merged.

Mr B:
I’ve checked out most of the local streets but can’t see my cat anywhere, it’s rubbish!!!

You can see my cat looking out of the window!!

I’ve a horrible feeling I’m under surveillance.

I’ve been looking at Google Street View and the same van has been outside my house for days now.

Just been having a play round all this new techno! As Scunny was nearest place to me that I know well I thought id have a look see. Its hilarious what you find. Today your not safe anywhere, check out the guy in a DTS artic having a kip behind the travel lodge at the top of the M181.

I’ve not used it yet, but at least all the press coverage has made me realise what those strange cars with the highly mouted pentagonal shaped cameras have been for. :bulb: