Goodbye Trucknet.

My last post today.I am off to Turkey to drive for a firm called Mars.
Trips to Russia,Ukraine,Scandinavia and Europe in a new truck.
The planners speak good English.
And reloads come through on a cab computer.
Breakdown and tyre call out cards in the cab.
Fitted kitchen in my trailer and a fridge in it too.
The waiting for weeks for a load is off putting.
The bike is being flown out.
If you see me in Old Blighty ,give me a blast of your air horns and a flash of the head lights.
If you have Peekaboo curtains and Spanish Matador bull fighting spears,i will ignore you.

Good luck mate. Hope all goes well.
They`ve got internet over there surely. Keep in touch n let us know how its going.
Sounds a bit different!

+1 what cheekymonkey said > very best of luck ., sad you might not be posting as much/for a while - will miss your intelligent,humorous and knowledgeable posts take good care mate hope it works out well for you chrs d

Good luck :sunglasses:
But as said you still get the net so dont go, :smiley:

Have a fun time try to let us know how it goes

So you’re off to Mars…that’s a hell of a trip and you really must take some pics of that fella.
Well I for one hope you’ll still be around with your unique style of posting,I can’t recall ever seeing a snide one even with all the stick you take.

Turkcell are very popular in Turkey so no excuse for no internet.
Russia gets cold so be sure to put winter tyres or chains on your bike.

Are you moving abroad then Toby?

This one,Toby? http://www.marslogistics.com/en/mars_logistics_about_us.aspx

I’m sure that lots of people would love to read about your new adventures.Best of luck and
don’t even think about not posting. :cry:

He may of course just start posting under a different name…

If you have Peekaboo curtains and Spanish Matador bull fighting spears,i will ignore you.
[/quote]
Ya won’t be waving at the young log wagon lad on stobbies then!! Haha

Fitted kitchen in your trailer…eh?? I hope you’ve been & seen what you’ve been promised matey.

There were 4 of them over at Grangemouth with pylon sections, dropping them at John Mitchells in Grangemouth…they were camped outside for four days & their ‘fitted kitchens’ looked more like camping stoves. Not much fun by the look of it!! :confused:

They have the t’internet in Europe, just saying like its kinda a worldwide phenomenon :grimacing:

Muckaway:

Oh,who like?

Won’t hold my breath for piccys and stories,sounds like a toby fairy story,probably needs stronger meds

I will mail my old buddy :slight_smile: whos at Mars to look out for you…omer a turk but married a scots girl…has her name on a plate on screen wi a wee scots flag…
jimmy.

Is there life there?

Muckaway:

Whatever name he uses it won’t be difficult to work out its really Toby. As soon as he mentions Portugal. Taking his bike on the truck, dinner with the Mayor of a French town. And all the other things that happen in Toby World. :laughing:

Toby is no more, Long live Toby the Turk. :smiley:

Good luck Toby. It’s a shame you’ve decided to give up TNUK. Won’t be the same without you

Have a great experience and hopefully you’ll duck in now and then to keep up appraised of your new job etc

Have a good one fella

Purely out of interest, how does one go about getting a Turkish work permit to undertake such a thing? Is it actually possible for a British citizen to do this or is this merely a post from cloud cuckoo land?

robinhood_1984:
Purely out of interest, how does one go about getting a Turkish work permit to undertake such a thing? Is it actually possible for a British citizen to do this or is this merely a post from cloud cuckoo land?

Good point my friend :exclamation: Turkey is not yet a member of the EU and therefore some sort of visa will be required to work there.

Mrs Tobester is Turkish.She is delightful.
So Brits have never married American girls just to get a green card then Pat.?
The Gerard Depardeiu and Andy Mcdowell film Green card is very funny.