Goodbye everyone

Just thought I would say my goodbyes as on Monday I’ll be leaving heathrow on a one way ticket.
I had a few options at the start of the year and it was either, put a deposit down on a flat, buy a truck and start up on my own or to go backpacking and see a bit of the world, and with 14k saved and no ties I chose the latter.
I’ve had a good 4 years at it, got as much experience as I can and was lucky enough to drive a V8 that was only a year old for my company for over a year.
I don’t like the way the industry is run , there is just so much bull ■■■■ and pettiness it’s unbelievable, maybe I will change as I get older and just accept that it takes over 6 hours to load or tip a trailer but for now things like that I cannot agree with, and that’s just a tiny splash in the ocean compared to everything else that’s also wrong with transport at the moment. Just my opinion of course but I hope things change.

So now at 25 a bit of an adventure awaits, so it’s Bangkok on Monday then I have until February to make my way down to Malaysia where I’ve got a flight booked to Argentina on a one way ticket. I plan to travel around South America drifting to where ever I fancy, there is no time factor, there is no route, there is no plan although I do want to get into Brazil for the World Cup at some point, when my funds start getting low Im thinking Australia for a working visa and then who knows, whatever happens I don’t want to be back here in this repetitive hole of a society.
I hope people haven’t taken me too seriously on here in my time, it’s been a good laugh and good luck to everyone with big respect.
Adios amigos!!

Have a fantastic adventure and don’t forget to let us know how things go.
A brave descision and the worlds your lobster, best of luck and seize the day :slight_smile:

Hope you have a fantastic trip enjoy your time while your young.

And watch out for the ladyboys when you Bangkok[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Good call your only younge once , good luck have fun trucks will still be here when and if you decide to return

enjoy it fella, all the best :smiley: :smiley:

Great decision, have an amazing journey / adventure.

The internet is worldwide you know, so you can stay in touch

I still don’t like you though :grimacing:

Wayne

You jammy bugger, enjoying banging ■■■■.

Enjoy mate all the best

Better to do it now, than regret not doing it whilst tied down to a mortgage and other attendant commitments.

Never did the travelling thing myself, but having spent a month touring around New Zealand with Mrs. Herman two years ago I can totally see the appeal!

Good luck and enjoy making the memories

Can you bring me back some ■■■■? :smiley:

Good luck fella. It’s my understanding that Johnny Foreigner has internet access so don’t be a stranger and keep us up to date with your travels.

Ye good luck on your travels mate, if you get to australia i would stay there bud, or jump across to new zealand, you lucky bugger,
Good luck and enjoy.

Good luck with it FB.

I would have done the same thing if I was your age, and single.

Enjoy.

If you do get the chance, log on and post pics.

Ken.

Good luck and don’t forget to put a sock on it

Good luck

Good luck hope it works out for you, keep us up to date with some pics.

Fantastic, enjoy yourself.

Its not goodbye though, put a post on every now and then let us know how you’re getting on if you would please, sure i’m not the only one who wishes they might have done something equally daft when the chance was there.

All the very best…TTFN.

I thought this was gonna be a drama queen ‘I HATE THIS FORUM IM LEAVING’ post. But it wasn’t. So, I’d love to say I’m not jealous but I am, very much. So enjoy it. I dont know you personally but something like this could be the making of you and influence your whole life for the better.

All the best young man. Don’t forget about us. x

lost:
Ye good luck on your travels mate, if you get to australia i would stay there bud, or jump across to new zealand, you lucky bugger,
Good luck and enjoy.

^ This.
If it was me ( I wish ) I’d save as much of that money as possible and do whatever it takes to get a job in NZ.Not easy by all accounts.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52277

enjoy the sights and smells and good luck for the future