Good video from the BBC

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan … rity-risks

still nowhere near as bad as the reality,but how bad is it when even the bbc show stuff like that?

Why on earth…

Would you put up with all this stress and aggro for ordinary money?

Going over the water used to pay premium rates, was less hassle 'cos the firm had a job to work out where you were half the time and even then, they weren’t gauranteed to get a message to you.

We no longer go, due to the heighten risks, so the boss said, I did say didn’t worry me, to which he said, I’ve got to much of a cavalier attitude. No I have a crack on attitude.

Surely there will now be an increased demand for UK to Europe driving jobs, now that it is becoming rapidly more expensive for EU based drivers to come over here to the UK what with the new paperwork, etc…?

If there are a proliferation of Eurotramper jobs put onto the market - and no one snaps them up - then I guess it will be time for the long-overdue wage hikes that take the wages of these front line drivers among us - towards “TfL Money” let’s say.

Why not■■?

Well, there might be, unless Brexit causes a decline in X-Channel traffic as we import more in containers from further away.

only way will stop is if france clmaps down on it all. and the ones who do make it to the uk instead of the driver being at fault.
the illeglas should be sent back to france. let the French deal with it.

same as people that come over on the rubber dingies.

anyone who comes here illegaly should be sent back. instead of welcoming them and housing them.
if you have a trade willing to work have some money to support yourself then your welcome if not send them back.
start doing that and word will spread and it will eventually stop

They’re not going to stop it, and why should they?

We continue to vote for dishonourable people with no backbone, who fail completely to put our country and it’s people, even its most vulnerable citizens, children, first, who allow convicted terrorists out on early release and seem amazed when they immediately revert to type (handily those who made such decisions won’t fall prey, protected see) they must assume because we keep electing them that they are doing the right thing.
You have to ask yourself why do those in government and other elected leaders , ie mayors, want our country to be a dangerous place for decent people, what’s in it for them, and then ask yourself why the public continue to put their trust in such people when they prove not to be up to the task.

And another bus went past.

Well, the first bit of the video (Patinter) dates from 2015. Can’t see the reg on the car in later clip (red plates are temproary and dated I think?).
Is that a fair representation of the current Calais situation? I dunno.

Franglais:
Well, the first bit of the video (Patinter) dates from 2015. Can’t see the reg on the car in later clip (red plates are temproary and dated I think?).

Yes it is, things have improved a bit, but as the driver said it has pushed the problem further inland anywhere north of Paris on the A1 is now a no no for parking only exception being the truck stop at Roye. You will still them wandering freely on the motorways as you approach Calais and congregating around Transmark

I was at the services near Futuroscope, Poitiers, yesterday and the Douanes were systematically pulling in every Maroc registered truck, opening it up and giving it a very thorough inspection.

They do some nice work, shame they aint recruiting [emoji57]

As for a solution to the problem, there never will be one,
for as long as there is greed, there will be need.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

Easy solution already on the way: after Brexit we’ll be so poor they’ll be sending us food parcels…

[emoji3]

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Yes it is, things have improved a bit, but as the driver said it has pushed the problem further inland anywhere north of Paris on the A1 is now a no no for parking only exception being the truck stop at Roye. You will still them wandering freely on the motorways as you approach Calais and congregating around Transmark

Yep. I agree you’ve gotta be very careful about where you park, and they don’t care how much damage they do to get into a trailer. All true.
Mobs stopping traffic? As I say, dunno.

yourhavingalarf:
Why on earth…

Would you put up with all this stress and aggro for ordinary money?

Going over the water used to pay premium rates, was less hassle 'cos the firm had a job to work out where you were half the time and even then, they weren’t gauranteed to get a message to you.

Certainly not the job it was, but I’d want a pay rise to run UK, Thank you.

Franglais:

Benjie83:

Easy solution already on the way: after Brexit we’ll be so poor they’ll be sending us food parcels…

[emoji3]

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Aaaah I see what you did there, what your basically saying is I should migrates over there, then I’m guaranteed a chance at A, getting a ■■■■ job, and B, that elusive euro dream one too [emoji54]

…im On it…

As for the topic matter at hand, again I stand by my statement.

This will never end for as long as there is Greed within this planet.

Any one know who gets to keep those boats and outboards that they come in, they look to be quite expensive ,fuel alone is not cheap.

fuse:
Any one know who gets to keep those boats and outboards that they come in, they look to be quite expensive ,fuel alone is not cheap.

Price is not a bother there is plenty of money in the smuggling chain allegedly 30 Vietnamese will net the carrier £200k and the driver on a 10% cut, no rate cutting in that line of work :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

fuse:

Price is not a bother there is plenty of money in the smuggling chain allegedly 30 Vietnamese will net the carrier £200k and the driver on a 10% cut, no rate cutting in that line of work :smiley: :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^
they can do it a bit cheaper if they put them on pallets. :wink:

I don’t know what the detection rate or prosecution rate is, but 20k against fines of 60k driver plus 60k vehicle owner, don’t look generous to me.
And I don’t care if you get all the porridge you can eat, too!